• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
I'm sorry flipboi, but I've replaced Ruby's male hero with Silver, so say goodbye to your idea (sorry, I'd need a new sprite for him again, which I don't think adds anything, so I wont put him).

aww man, it woulda be cool to see the past hero, the current hero, and the future hero together in one game

HEY! I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER IDEA!

idk if you already replaced the sprite, but, if you choose the heroine to play shiney gold, and when you get to mt.silver, instead of fighting red, you fight the girl heroine from fire red/leaf green, that would be cool too!

Years
Yea, and instead of saying, ... ... ...? She could say, Hey, your running shoes are unfabolous! Get some new trends, and Ill battle you! Or something, xD (kidding)

GL Zel

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Yea, and instead of saying, ... ... ...? She could say, Hey, your running shoes are unfabolous! Get some new trends, and Ill battle you! Or something, xD (kidding)

GL Zel

lol, hey, maybe zel would if he could!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
My gosh! I'm gone for a bit, and you guys come up with ideas for Zel! :shocked:

Well, the only way to get the rest of the legendaries is to obviously finish the game (get all 16 badges) - sounds good. Yeah, the braille should all be hidden accross the regions, and then hidden caves could appear, with the legendary in it...sounds like a rather bland idea...? :nervous:

The idea of getting the Master Ball (multiple times) from Kurt is great! To eanr money, battle the League, then buy, buy, buy!! :laugh: And the event tickets are also cool...to catch all 386 (or so) Pokemon in Shiny Gold would be cool too...but after you beat the League the first time, amd to get the rarer ones later on...if only Shiny Gold could have the Safari Zone reopen...maybe if you reach a certain point or catch a certain number of Pokemon, then why not have the Safari Zone reopened?

I guess you don't need anything else to put in Zel. ;) Good luck on continueing your hacking and congrats for the Headbutt and Berry tree scripting you did!

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
Wow Shiny Gold sounds better and better everytime I check the thread. Can't wait for the tnext release zel:D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
can I ask something? How long does it take for Kurt to make a ball?

Years
My gosh! I'm gone for a bit, and you guys come up with ideas for Zel! :shocked:

Well, the only way to get the rest of the legendaries is to obviously finish the game (get all 16 badges) - sounds good. Yeah, the braille should all be hidden accross the regions, and then hidden caves could appear, with the legendary in it...sounds like a rather bland idea...? :nervous:

The idea of getting the Master Ball (multiple times) from Kurt is great! To eanr money, battle the League, then buy, buy, buy!! :laugh: And the event tickets are also cool...to catch all 386 (or so) Pokemon in Shiny Gold would be cool too...but after you beat the League the first time, amd to get the rarer ones later on...if only Shiny Gold could have the Safari Zone reopen...maybe if you reach a certain point or catch a certain number of Pokemon, then why not have the Safari Zone reopened?

I guess you don't need anything else to put in Zel. ;) Good luck on continueing your hacking and congrats for the Headbutt and Berry tree scripting you did!

I'm pretty sure he's gonna make mystery scent like 999 999 or 999 998 bucks so it will be pretty hard to get the MB again... or maybe it wud be like 1 000 000 Like the Slowpoke tail xD! U's will neva be able to aford it, remb, he did say it would be VERY expensive....
~NekroBoi~
PS: Is there gonna be a red gyarados? or a normal... maybe you could leave it at lvl 20 instead of the normal lvl 30...
Oh, also, u could make the tickets avialable after E4 completions, eg. 50 wins gives old sea map, 100 wins gives aurora ticket...
or, even complete pokedex without the two/whatev pokemon and well, talk to elm and get ur prize! Like, u get 200 pokemon, and elm goes, oh! You are Missing two pokemon... Here! Let Me help... OBTAINED Birth island ticket!
and maybe you could change way to get jirachi, like the rumor is, 201 pokemon, and 100 e4 wins, go talk to game designer.... who knows what secrets could be around!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2007
Looking forward to appricorns

I remember them appricorns and you could have you favorite ball. If your going to do appricorns you should add some new ones that increase your chance of catching pokemon in certain areas or weather conditions or something.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I remember them appricorns and you could have you favorite ball. If your going to do appricorns you should add some new ones that increase your chance of catching pokemon in certain areas or weather conditions or something.
With his knowledge of scripting, I'm sure it wouldn't cause Zel any trouble to insert some effectless items (the Apricorns) and make it so that Kurt will take one of them and give you a certain PokéBall. After creating the useless items, it would just take a simple item-trading script to make Kurt take them.
Zel, I'm very impressed with your work. I especially like how you managed to create the old berry tree script, and I'll be really amazed if the Headbutt trees turn out accurate. Keep up the terrific work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
can you put the new screens on the front page please it is hard for me to look at them

Years
I'm pretty sure he's gonna make mystery scent like 999 999 or 999 998 bucks so it will be pretty hard to get the MB again... or maybe it wud be like 1 000 000 Like the Slowpoke tail xD! U's will neva be able to aford it, remb, he did say it would be VERY expensive....
~NekroBoi~
PS: Is there gonna be a red gyarados? or a normal... maybe you could leave it at lvl 20 instead of the normal lvl 30...
Oh, also, u could make the tickets avialable after E4 completions, eg. 50 wins gives old sea map, 100 wins gives aurora ticket...
or, even complete pokedex without the two/whatev pokemon and well, talk to elm and get ur prize! Like, u get 200 pokemon, and elm goes, oh! You are Missing two pokemon... Here! Let Me help... OBTAINED Birth island ticket!
and maybe you could change way to get jirachi, like the rumor is, 201 pokemon, and 100 e4 wins, go talk to game designer.... who knows what secrets could be around!

Hmm.. that just gave me an idea! Probably not possible, but with zel working on this, what isnt possible? Anyway maybe he should change the max money from 999 999 to like, 99 999 999 or something, so we can be uber rich on an uber game, even though it would be hard to get that high, we could still afford stuff, xD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Just to remember a thing that [ray.z] commented, the game must still be a remake, also, I'm limited at a few things so I'll do what I can, so many things you could say I should do, I can't do... Sorry!

idk if you already replaced the sprite, but, if you choose the heroine to play shiney gold, and when you get to mt.silver, instead of fighting red, you fight the girl heroine from fire red/leaf green, that would be cool too!

No, I want that part to remain as it was in the original Gold...

can I ask something? How long does it take for Kurt to make a ball?

Hmmm... I think it would be the same time as anything else, around three to five minutes. But one thing, since everything that's "time related" is somehow connected (I've just found this), whenever you active one of this events, the rest cannot be activated till that amount of time passes.
If you're wondering what are the "timed" events, they would be: the Salon, Lapras in Union Cave, the farmer in Moomoo's ranch, every Berry Tree and Kurt's pokeball making. For now is the only way I could make this events depend on time, maybe you'll hate me for this, but hey! That's the only way I could do it, sorry people!

~NekroBoi~

Of course, I said they would be expensive (not freaking expensive, but expect them to be high). About the Gyarados, I know sooner or later, I'll have to deal with that, it's not that long...
And about tickets, who said there were gonna be tickets? (I've not even think about that far!)

If your going to do appricorns you should add some new ones that increase your chance of catching pokemon in certain areas or weather conditions or something.

No, I can't be adding new balls, Kurt will make the balls that are available in FR.

can you put the new screens on the front page please it is hard for me to look at them

There weren't that much screens (only two as I remember), just a few pages ago. But I'll put them in my first post, if you want.

Hmm.. that just gave me an idea! Probably not possible, but with zel working on this, what isnt possible? Anyway maybe he should change the max money from 999 999 to like, 99 999 999 or something, so we can be uber rich on an uber game, even though it would be hard to get that high, we could still afford stuff, xD

Raz, you're just beginning to drive me crazy with some of your ideas. I really think that you're believing that I'm some kind of God? :P (I'm not Nintendo, by the way...)
PS: Why do you need so much money? (like, you're gonna buy an hotel in Goldenrod, or something like that? :laugh:)

Well, I'm gonna keep on adding the headbutt pokemon, then I'll make Kurt's new script. See ya guys! Peace!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
heheheheheheh... don't worry zel, i will be sure to find another glitch for you... *evil laughter*

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Glitch think so!!

zel i found a Glitch
1.jpg

After that position i cant go forward (its stuck) towards the bridge i have to the left route to go to that bridge.
I am going to the cave after violet city i think it leads to azelea town.
If this glitch is found earlier i am sorry i did not see this forum fully.

Your game is class feels like playing pokemon gold in gba graphics.Excellent work!!!!

Years
Lol, Zel, thats my job, and everyone who posts here, to make your life crazy! xD kidding, anyhoo, I think you workd for Nintendo and came out here (secretly) because they dinounced your idea of making a gold remake, so here you are, making one, but, I have to say, your doing a great job so far, its amazing what youve done, and im sure you are god, and can do anything to this remake!

Which gives me an idea, Secret Bases!! Just a suggestion, dont blow a brain cell or anything thinking about it, :P xD

P.S. Probably not possible seeing your doing this hack with a fire red rom right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Of course, I said they would be expensive (not freaking expensive, but expect them to be high). About the Gyarados, I know sooner or later, I'll have to deal with that, it's not that long...

Well, I'm gonna keep on adding the headbutt pokemon, then I'll make Kurt's new script. See ya guys! Peace!
You could always insert a new Pokemon that is Gyrados - just recoloured. However, it won' actually be "shiny", and you'd also have to insert a Gold Magikarp for when it's bred.

And good luck with the new script!

zel i found a Glitch
1.jpg

After that position i cant go forward (its stuck) towards the bridge i have to the left route to go to that bridge.
I am going to the cave after violet city i think it leads to azelea town.
If this glitch is found earlier i am sorry i did not see this forum fully.

Your game is class feels like playing pokemon gold in gba graphics.Excellent work!!!!
I't been found before. You should look at the first post for a list of all the known glitches.

Which gives me an idea, Secret Bases!! Just a suggestion, dont blow a brain cell or anything thinking about it, :P xD

P.S. Probably not possible seeing your doing this hack with a fire red rom right?
Actually, FRLG were built off RSE from what I've read, and so it isn't that hard to put in secret bases.

But I don't think it's worth it. Just make it so we can put stuff in our room, and that'd be enough.

Shining Shadow

I Am Not Being Overdramatic!!!
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2007
I loved playing this game! Makes me feel just like i'm playing an official Nintendo Re-Make! Looking foward to the next Beta :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Spacedot, don't waste your time! Just PM Zel instead of posting here! He'll tell all :P

Zel said:
Raz, you're just beginning to drive me crazy with some of your ideas. I really think that you're believing that I'm some kind of God? (I'm not Nintendo, by the way...)

Actually, you could be a 'God of hack', right? :laugh: You're not Nintendo (who said they were the best anyway? It's just the name, that's all!), but I guess you can make anything happen! However, because this is a remake you're hacking, then it limits ideas I guess...but you gotta stay with keep it similar! ;)

[ray.z said:
]But I don't think it's worth it. Just make it so we can put stuff in our room, and that'd be enough.

Doesn't GSC already allow you to customize your bedroom? :P I'm pretty sure you could put at least one doll onto the table in your room! :)

So, other than scripting for headbutts and berries-for-Kurt, what are you up to? How are you with scripting Mahogany? I would love to see screenshots of Mahogany and Lake of Rage again! :D

P.S. It's meh b'day...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Aaaand the month of stickying for this thread is up today. :x

You're making great progress, zel. If keep going like that you should be done in no-time. =P
Good luck.

~unstickied~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back