• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2008
lol. Zel, don't you think the slowpoke fight right i the beginning is a bit too hard?
if it wasn't for the berry+ 2 potion I had with me.. I would never be able to beat carlos and move on.
but other than that, I'm enjoying the challenge of "x" version. keep up the good job :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
FARFETCH'D IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!![/anger]

....sigh... How do I get it to go to its trainer?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
FARFETCH'D IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!![/anger]

....sigh... How do I get it to go to its trainer?

You'll get it eventually, you have to make him warp off screen, and to do that you need to really think of what angle you're talking to Farfetch'd from.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
You'll get it eventually, you have to make him warp off screen, and to do that you need to really think of what angle you're talking to Farfetch'd from.

Darn it...Any clues to help?

EDIT; Finally!!!! I got it!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Darn it...Any clues to help?

EDIT; Finally!!!! I got it!

Well for those who are still hunting the Farfetch'd, i thought i would save you guys time. If you guys dont want to struggle that much, then you can click on my attachments. Theres two of them, so the one thats said "Player" is the one that the player must go in order to complete this task, The farfetch'd one is just to show how the farfetch'd must go in order. And those who don't want the spoiler, then don't bother. GOOD LUCK!

Spoiler:

Goldenhammerhead

Super Smash Bros Brawl FTW!
Years
What? Just a thing... I'm using the original Day-Care script, so, see if you get another weird egg. Another bug that's out of my league... So, I'll use my typical excuse... "A bad rom, or a bad patching"

OK, sorry for delaying things. It's all to make SG less-buggy. Thanks for your comprehension. See ya!

Remember when i reported the 2 bad eggs. One of them didnt say "bad egg" it was my mantine and and it was still called "mantine"

Years
In New Bark Town, The signpost outside Elm's House doesnt say Elm's House it says nothing. Not even the clicking sound when you press A on it.

Giovanni.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
Years
Why is everyone posting glitches? It will make zel crazy, and then he'll probably try to quit this thread. :(
Give it in a PM, so that you don't waste pages talking about how glitchy glitchy these betas are.

... Maybe that's a bad idea :(

Anyways, nothing to say except keep up the good work in your hack.
Good luck~

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Well, now that I have the chance, I'll talk about my experience with SGX. ^^

I did not get Shiny Gold at all. (Heck, I didn't know there were two versions when I downloaded it...) And here's what I gotta say: Shiny Gold X wasn't that much of a challenge for me considering the fact that I only train one Pokemon before beating the E4. So, I got through the whole beta in a total of nine hours (which was reduced to 5 thanks to the almighty space button) with 7 badges, 11 Pokemon caught and a Level 67 Feraligatr. XD

Anyway, I loved the new maps. Even though I noticed a little mistake (which was because of the tileset) in a certain map, I did not bother, because this hack is really making me re-live the awesome time I had playing my Crystal before it was stolen 5 years ago. Thank you very much Zel. ^^

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
illsoul: Carlos' battles are usually a one-chance only (purposely done like that)

ShinyLugia: I also want to avoid touching the surfing sprite, that if it doesn't matters that sprite having a few oddities. And, about forbidding tha player fish while surfing, that's internal stuff, and cannot be edited with my skills.

hammerhead: I don't why you get bad eggs... I have bred for a while, getting only an army of baby pokemons (which I dump... :badsmile:) If you keep on getting problems, send me a PM.

Boss Giovanni: I think we can now stop posting glitches now. I'm trying to close the fixed beta, and I'm also getting glitches posts by PM, and the one you mention has been mentioned before. Let's wait till I close the 3.5 version to post again, if anything else is still missing.
Thanks!

Shining Latias: Wow! You have broke the "usual way to play pokemon" :D I guess SGX is not prepared to battle against your kind of players... :laugh:

Pokequester

the Quest has begun!
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2007
I applied the Patch and when I tried to play it, The screen went all white and stuff.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I applied the Patch and when I tried to play it, The screen went all white and stuff.

Ya!! that happens to me too! Most of the time it's when I hack the ROM, like map edit it. I don't know if it's linked with that, I imagine it is, I mean ROMs aren't really MADE for hacking, right? So I really wanna know what causes that, I want to know if I'm right.

EDIT: Zel, I've got a question. You know in the original GSC versions, when you get to Kanto it's a whole new set of different looking tiles then the ones in Johto. Will you change up the tile looks in Kanto in SG/SGX, too? That would be pretty cool, in my opinion. I always like to see the talent of tile editors. I hope you do it!

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
Since you can't trade are you gonna make it so Scyther (!) evolves into Scizor at a certain level? or like Slowbro>> Slowking?

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
When you applied the patch, did you apply it to a clean Fire Red rom?

If so, then I'm not quite sure what's happening. Try redownloading your FR rom, and the patch, and try again.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
White screens

For white screens, go to options, emulator, save type, and check 128k. The same problem is present with the Pokemon Fire Red rom.

MickyD

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
I tried the teleport thing by the Ice Cave, and you're right. It led me to KANTO!!! Its all screwed up though, the tilesets and stuff. But some trainer battles are there, like I found a Picknicker with two level 27 Ponyta. Definitely a glitch, maybe because thats where the ROM ends.

Can't wait for Beta 4, I'm itchin to fsce the Ice Caves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back