• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2012
    umm... sure i gave it a shot, but i dont see how the patching cause the Missingno's to appear, its just changes SGX to the regular SG. Either that i dont know what you mean about the missingno's, like where specifically, the fight with Carlos?

Fight with Carlos in Violet City gym (replaces Elekid), and first Rocket Grunt in Slowpoke Cave.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    i just downloaded the new hack and i cant get in to the cave in route 32 can someone help me with this i used my old save by the way if that makes a difference

EDIT: dont matter i got in now

Last edited:

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Zel i think u need to actually go to ebay and look at the cover art. It looks official. And i probably am wrong but maybe some one took your idea and sent it to nintendo because they were having a remake contest about a year ago. So please just go look and if you dont think their selling the real game them tell them off and go on. Oh and by the way, i love your hack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really enjoy playin. C ya

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zel, I can't beat whitney! *tear*. This is what I get for choosing the water starter. In B2 I took Cyndaquil to burn Miltank. Now I can't do anything!

EDIT: I did it! ^_^ Oh, and Zel, I'm going to translate SG to french for ya ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I went straight into SGX, which is a real challenge, but its brilliant and I've finished it

I've only had a few of the bugs that people are talking about here, but I've had quite a few that maybe (I read through the last few pages pretty quickly so not sure) haven't been mentioned.

1. If you interact with the thing covering the stairs leading to mahogany hideout the game freezes (luckily i saved beforehand)
    2. After you beat TR in mahogany, and you go through that gateway place where TR usually charge $1000, apparently there must be some invisible rockets still there, because I got charged $1000 even though the only person there was the normal gateway person. Also when the TR guy heals our pokemon at this place, his sprite changes.
    3. . You can't use FLY or TELEPORT in the sea or inside the whirl islands.
    4. I think that the only way you can escape tin tower after catching HO-OH (I CAUGHT HO-OH WOO HOO!!! took ages tho lol) is via an escape rope.
    5.Are there meant to be wild pokemon just outside ice cave? (in the tiles near carlos that are coloured like ice)

I'm not sure about normal SG but this all occurred in SGX.

PS WOOHOO i caught squirtle (not saying where) but false swipe is a must.

Last edited:

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Fight with Carlos in Violet City gym (replaces Elekid), and first Rocket Grunt in Slowpoke Cave.

I See what you mean now...

This is only happened when i applied the FR rom the SGX patch, and then the SG patch.

Pokemon Shiny Gold Pokemon Shiny Gold Pokemon Shiny Gold

besides the only thing thats different was the rival had a lv. 8 starter, instead of lv. 5.

so yah, cartman it was when you patch the same rom twice, with 2 different patches, this is kinda unique to me.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zel. Don't know if you know this thing. It's no glitch or bug just a scripting error. It's not that major but it's still kinda strikes me as odd. After beating/capturing Sudowoodo, it's sprite doesn't disappear strait away after the battle. Your sprite has to move once before it leaves the screen.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Professional? This? BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Pokemon Shiny Gold

What moron would believe that's Ho-oh? (Or any other poke to be exact)

No offense to those morons who thought it was real...

I bet that's just the jpg that they made with Photoshop.

Anyways, if I ever find a pirate in my life...goodbye!

So, in a spoiler tag, can you say what new things will be added to Kanto other than pokes that weren't there before, and rivals?

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    Great work with the hack,I havent downloaded the right rom yet so I cant really play right away,just wondering if I put this game in my flashdrive will I be able to trade pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2007
    Great work with the hack,I havent downloaded the right rom yet so I cant really play right away,just wondering if I put this game in my flashdrive will I be able to trade pokemon?

might not be a good idea other pple have gotten glitches after trading so yea bad idea

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zel... I am here to post more glitches. Here's a major text glitch that needs fixing:

Before Glitch happens
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

After Glitch happens
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

The text on the line gets erased while my POKéMON-- get's written. This is on Route 43.

EDIT: What's a POKéMI?

RE-EDIT: More mapping errors, I find those alot, don't I :\

Here it is:
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Such a perfectionist, I am...

Last edited:

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008

Dude, I don't know if anyone told you this yet or not, but you have got to put Celebi in this game!

Renagadez, BlackLabel-Atreyu, please read the FAQ section of this thread...

https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447

Also idk know if you could trade by link cable, but you could trade between VBAlink with FR.

LeGeNd_LaTiOs

Begginer Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Great Hack

Brillant hack its pretty much a exact replica of gold and silver do u hav a hacking group if u do can i join or team up with u to make hacks

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    I think zel, wants you to figure that yourself. Obviously if you have played the hack, then you should know where charmander would at least be. and squirtle... look on your pokedex, others is a complete mystery, seriously idk where zel put that treecko.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    EDIT: @BlackLabel-Atreyu: seriously how would it been any different then any other type of hack that you patch.

Last edited:

BlackLabel-Atreyu

Shikamaru - The Lazy Genius
    Years
    Haha, okay then, but is there something different in patching this version?
    Cause I played the second beta before and the patching worked out fine, but now it won't work at all...

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    My only complaint about this hack is that some pokemon are way too rare.
    Especially the 3rd Gens, I had no idea you could catch a a Roselia outside of Union Cave
    Who knows how many others I missed, I cant spend like 3 hours per grassy patch, I wish some of the pokemon popped up more frequently. (im kicking myself wondering if i missed any rares)

Other than that, wonderful ... amazing ... superb

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Its all the more rewarding to your success in finding, remember this a Johto remake of Gold, NOT hoenn, besides how often you can find a WISHCASH in the whirl Islands. Besides zel put the 3rd gen as option for no trading.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back