• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
  • Hey zel. Just played the Preview and it's good, to say the least without gushing like everyone else.

One question though: Where's the Odd Egg?

In GSC, you got an egg at Goldrenrod Daycare when you first visited, and it hatched into either Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, Igglybuff, Cleffa or Pichu (I think that's it). Is it going to be in Shiny Gold? With all the new baby's you could add for rarity, it would work (If you could write a good script).

Also, some of your tiling is a little off... the paths in Route 29 and onwards have these weird corners and and jumbled up bits. Also nearly all PC's and Mart's have a border of their floor tiles + the Name Rater in Goldenrod has weird game objects as a border (If you do know all this and have vowed to change it, I didn't know about it).

Anyway, keep it up. You're doing awesome (Apart from that one flub).

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • The Odd Egg is only in Crystal, so I don't think zel will put it will ShinyGold.

And about the mapping errors, that is because beta4 preview is not quite a full beta and still has some glitches. Zel asked to PLEASE not post about any beta4 preview glitches. I don't remember, but I think he said he will fix them in the "full" beta4.

And zel, I have a question: On the FAQs of this thread's first post, there's a question that says: "Why does Carlos look like Noland, that Battle Factory guy from Emerald?", and you responded with "T.T". This might be a stupid question, but what does "T.T" mean?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • The Odd Egg is only in Crystal, so I don't think zel will put it will ShinyGold.

And about the mapping errors, that is because beta4 preview is not quite a full beta and still has some glitches. Zel asked to PLEASE not post about any beta4 preview glitches. I don't remember, but I think he said he will fix them in the "full" beta4.

And zel, I have a question: On the FAQs of this thread's first post, there's a question that says: "Why does Carlos look like Noland, that Battle Factory guy from Emerald?", and you responded with "T.T". This might be a stupid question, but what does "T.T" mean?

You mean Carlos? Oh he just put him in to like annoy us after some parts in the game lol.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • 2. will the unowns and the unown pokedex be in the game?

I know the Unowns show up at FR, but for some weird reason when you put Unowns as wild pokemon in a different map than the chambers all you get is the same Unown... So, I suppose in the end I'll use the chambers maps to map the Unown's caves.
    And, I don't know... Did FR had something like a UnownDex? (If it hadn't, then forget about it)

Zel, have you thought of a way yet to implement the "Family of the Week" children who give you gifts?

I've been quite lazy with that event. So, it's not in the B4, but I promise doing something about it for the next one. In fact, I've been thinking about changing their locations, don't make them as timed events (do you need many times the same item?), and modify the book at their house to give some clues on where they could be located (obviously, they would be pretty well hidden), instead of just revealing their exact location. Just my first idea.

like maybe a new island with a whole plot on it
    maybe a secret area to obtain a legend or something like that ..
    its all about the space though
    it would make the game much more interesting .. and i know your planning to make it have his diferences .
    anyways good luck with everything :D

Well, I don't like to reveal stuff, but obviously, there will be an extra location (yes, some island), just to generate an excuse for the capture of more pokemon (just like Nintendo added the Sevii Islands to FR)

a cool concept to add is instead of getting a TM when you beat a gym leader,how about you get there star pokemon

It's interesting, although I want to stick with the original. Though it may be interesting for other hacks...

Hey zel. Just played the Preview and it's good, to say the least without gushing like everyone else.

One question though: Where's the Odd Egg?

In GSC, you got an egg at Goldrenrod Daycare when you first visited, and it hatched into either Magby, Elekid, Smoochum, Igglybuff, Cleffa or Pichu (I think that's it). Is it going to be in Shiny Gold? With all the new baby's you could add for rarity, it would work (If you could write a good script).

Also, some of your tiling is a little off... the paths in Route 29 and onwards have these weird corners and and jumbled up bits. Also nearly all PC's and Mart's have a border of their floor tiles + the Name Rater in Goldenrod has weird game objects as a border (If you do know all this and have vowed to change it, I didn't know about it).

Anyway, keep it up. You're doing awesome (Apart from that one flub).

Well, I played Gold and I didn't got the Egg, and, seeing as I can only script what I'm playing, I'm sticking with Gold (I said before that another egg could come in the future somewhere else)
    And, about tiling and all that, the graphical part is not something I'm too interested at, because I prefer priorizing the Scripting, as that makes the game longer at gameplay. In the end, such stuff will be fixed, that's for sure.

And, here's the bunch of screenshots for today...

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

I made the old guy's event a little longer, as he now gives you an extra Moon Stone and Sun Stone, and a PPMax if show him a... see ya next time!

*Neos*

Mexican Hacker!
    Years
  • Ohh the scans looks great!!! Specially the scan with carlos!!! jeje well my friend!!! I love your hack, i need a new Beta !!! Argg!!! XD... well, good luck!!!!

ciao!

Ryousha

Years
  • I know the Unowns show up at FR, but for some weird reason when you put Unowns as wild pokemon in a different map than the chambers all you get is the same Unown... So, I suppose in the end I'll use the chambers maps to map the Unown's caves.
    And, I don't know... Did FR had something like a UnownDex? (If it hadn't, then forget about it)

I've been quite lazy with that event. So, it's not in the B4, but I promise doing something about it for the next one. In fact, I've been thinking about changing their locations, don't make them as timed events (do you need many times the same item?), and modify the book at their house to give some clues on where they could be located (obviously, they would be pretty well hidden), instead of just revealing their exact location. Just my first idea.

Well, I don't like to reveal stuff, but obviously, there will be an extra location (yes, some island), just to generate an excuse for the capture of more pokemon (just like Nintendo added the Sevii Islands to FR)

It's interesting, although I want to stick with the original. Though it may be interesting for other hacks...

Well, I played Gold and I didn't got the Egg, and, seeing as I can only script what I'm playing, I'm sticking with Gold (I said before that another egg could come in the future somewhere else)
    And, about tiling and all that, the graphical part is not something I'm too interested at, because I prefer priorizing the Scripting, as that makes the game longer at gameplay. In the end, such stuff will be fixed, that's for sure.

And, here's the bunch of screenshots for today...

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

I made the old guy's event a little longer, as he now gives you an extra Moon Stone and Sun Stone, and a PPMax if show him a... see ya next time!
    More Screens =D I like them I wanna kick Carlos butt! the more you show new screens the more it makes me want to play.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I have to ask:

1. I see what could be a pathway to a cave entrance left of (what used to be) Bill's house. Is that part of a plotline regarding anything?
    2. What up with the stairs above the Ice Path entrance in Blackthorn City that I saw in the Beta 4 preview? Is that important somehow, too?

Ryousha

Years
  • 2.Yeah I think so...
    1.Probably is..

hey guys i just fought ho-oh then it had orange health i threw an ultra ball then I caught it =D

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • 2. What up with the stairs above the Ice Path entrance in Blackthorn City that I saw in the Beta 4 preview? Is that important somehow, too?

After you talk to any of the 3 Dragon Masters (after beating all 3), they will mention a legendary dragon pokemon is on top of Ice Path. Probably Rayquaza because it's the only legendar dragon pokemon. (unless you count the semi-legendary Dragonite, maybe even the Giant Dragonite from the anime)

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Er, Zel, I have 2 questions:
    1/ Will you change Misty's overworld to fit her G/S sprite?
    2/ Where does the stair which near Bill's house lead to? (Maybe somewhere linked to a legendary?)

Ryousha

Years
  • Er, Zel, I have 2 questions:
    2/ Where does the stair which near Bill's house lead to? (Maybe somewhere linked to a legendary?)

the stairs... I don'know But it looks awesome and in Newbarktown theres a tree behind. and also in blackthorns theres stairs up...

and also Bills House maybe its a Giant Dragonite =D

Lash

Years

This question has probably already been answered, but the top of the T are the eyes, the Lines are the tears, and the . is the closed mouth xD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Er, Zel, I have 2 questions:

1. For now it's the same FR sprite (can you guess what does that mean... Yes! Another sliding sprite, like Lance! XD)
    2. To a dream world... Well, at least it'll lead to a blocked zone which is not available in the next Beta.

Um they're talking about the dragons den because one of the dragon masters speak of a legendary dragon roaming around there. It could be Dragonite Raquaza lugia or any other that looks like a dragon.

It's a legendary, so Dragonite's not in the list.

Well, watch out guys, try not to get offtopic (lately I've seen a few OT posts), even if some offtopic stuff gets asked. This is not a place to chat about tools ;)
    [EDIT]: And don't go mini-moddin', Christos, H.Sotomura or Scizz will get over here when they get the chance. At least if you want to do something, report the posts with the "Report" button.

And, I was a bit bored, so I decided to take a look at some scripts, and I made some kind of lotto event, or something like that (you get a ball and if it's colored, you get a prize). Just trying to get a replacement for the Lucky Number Event (it's also held at the Radio of Goldenrod). Do you think a chance of 4 against 1024 is too much? (They charge $300 for each draw)

Apart from that, still fixing stuff for the Beta.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back