• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    4 against 1024 isn't very good. Try 4/748.
    What are the prizes?

Considering how the possibilities would play in the script I'm using, the other option was 4/256, which was too low in my opinion (I got prizes quite easily, so I prefer the 4/1024)
    Prizes would be: Full Restore/HP UP/PP UP/Max Revive

they are not new they are whats wrong with my game if you want after i will capture some others, but i think thats zels job. heres the problem:

Pokemon Shiny Gold

Pokemon Shiny Gold

the first picture is what happens when i push the boulder in the secon picture!

Amazing how there are many things out of my consideration. Well, the deal is pushing the specific rock into the specific hole (I'm not that sure if you need to throw it into the specific hole...), in this case the lower right boulder into the hole you were trying the other rock.
    Still, that could be considered like a glitch... Don't know if I can do much about it. Wait... Got it, now you can't move that boulder the way you wanted... :P

I got another question, since many more Beta's are going to be coming out and you have to start over everytime theres a new one, is there a way to like, transfer your pokemon from the last beta into the new beta? o_o

Another way would be trading, trading between two SG works fine.

Zel, when the time comes, can you show us what SG's Victory Road will look like? If I were you, I'd use the Indigo Plateau/Route 23 music for Victory Road, considering how dramatic the cave really should be. Dramatic, in this case, meaning arduous, long, and tough.

I think it has the Victory Road's FR theme. Anyway, once I start to replace music, we would put Gold's VR theme ('cause I want to stick with the original for that)

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but a minor thing I noticed: if you don't defeat the trainer before whitney (the one who tells you she'll stop crying soon), she'll challenge you even after you beat whitney.

Another thing that I haven't considered... Hmmm...
    [EDIT]: I checked that place, and even though the trainer battles again, every Gym trainer will battle you again, and in fact, that's fine (in my game), it's a failure in the way I made their scripts, but I consider it a way to battle them and get experience if you want.
    I just needed to check if, instead of telling you, that trainer battled, breaking the execution of the script needed to allow Whitney to give you the badge, but that's not the case. So everything's fine there ^^

why does kanto have a bunch of glitches in it?

Because of the Tile Changes, now I'm fixing that as I'm remapping and scripting Kanto.

yai know someone said this but in the blackthorn gym when i press "A" on the boulders in the lava it freezes the game.. what am i supposed to do?

Great, more glitching boulders... I'll fix that, sorry that you restarted the game.

Exactly where is this Pikachu, if it's behind your house in New Bark? And does it disappear after a certain event? Or is there really no Pikachu back there at all?

It disappears if you talk to it, if you didn't, and it's not there, then it's a glitch. I don't think that part has a glitch, just search carefully (and don't post the exact location)

Okay, most of you have been spamming and doubleposting and made 5 whole pages of stupid stuff.
    If this happens again, any person that spams will be warned.
    xTNx NiNjA. Shadow-Soul and rei173, you're getting two Warnings for all these pointless posts you've been making all this time.
    Do it once more and you're banned.

What Christos said. Please, don't go offtopic. I warned you on my previous post. Oh! by the way, thanks Christos for cleaning so many pages... XD

I'll bring more screenshots next time (next set is for my trip back to Johto, so I'll skip some, as it's basically the Celebi event again)

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It's true... In the games, when you beat a leader, all the trainers in the gym won't want to battle you anymore.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
    Yes But it sort of bug because then they still battle you. I think its just that the game script is way off from gyms thats why i battle all of them first for the exp.

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    Hey Zel can you post a video of the running Magnet Train I'd love to see that.

Ryousha

Years
    this may have been asked....but how are the badges of kanto supposed to fit on the shiny gold trainer card??? it has only 8 slots....

It Can't Because in the original it couldn't But I Think Zel might add the Kanto

And Ill love to see the magnet train in action :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    i used a program called gbata and was just tinkering around with different stuff and got it running on my r4 + ez flash 3in1 + DS Lite combo... but now whenever i try to save it says saving... DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER... save error. if anyone thinks they know why this is happening please PM me or just reply...
    It's easier to push the Shift key and then F1. Each of the F Keys is a different save slot. Save in multiple slots, you never know when you might want to go back to a previous part of the game.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    It's easier to push the Shift key and then F1. Each of the F Keys is a different save slot. Save in multiple slots, you never know when you might want to go back to a previous part of the game.

The problem is: when you are going to beat the league, the game will try to save the game, but he won't be able to. And all your data will be erased. So use savestates if you want, but leave the normal save enabled by clicking emulator-options-save type-128k.
    EDIT: if you are using a flash cart, there are saving patches for enabling the save. You are supposed to patch the game before inserting in the cart, but I don't know the effects of doublepatching... :S

Last edited:

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    dgotter said:

Uh, you did notice he was talking about a flash card, not an emulator, right?

Anyways, this is a really great hack Zel! Keep it up! Oh, and by the way, I'd really like to see how the Magnet Train runs as much as that other guy. :)

Last edited:

Ryousha

Years
    there was one but that was long time ago... So why do people keep saying those tuff that he quitted after a virus attack.

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Some Minor Glitches When i was fooling around in new bark town I found Gary on the side for some reason and an invisible pikachu Which Was not invisible just behind the house...
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

EDIT:i thought iw as editing the other post but it seems I Double Posted... Um can a mod or someone know how to merge my posts

Last edited by a moderator:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    this may have been asked....but how are the badges of kanto supposed to fit on the shiny gold trainer card??? it has only 8 slots....

In the original you could only see the 8 badges from Johto. So it'll be the same here (as there's no way, at least for me, to add the pics of the others)

Hey zel, how will you go about with the Clefairy event at Mt. Moon?

Mt.Moon will feature another J&J event (trying to capture a Clefairy), after that, I don't think I'll make the normal Clefairy event a "timed event", as it could mean that you would get Moon Stones quite easily. Probably it will become a one-time event.
    Or perhaps I could think something else...

OK, more screenshots. This time it's the return to Johto for the Celebii event (don't forget there's another event to do back at Johto, but I don't want to spoil that)

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    Can't wait for Celebii the pics are looking nice
    BTW: D/P pokemon sprites would be awesome in the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    zel, if it helps, I just revamped the GSC Mt. Moon caverns map.

Now that I think about it, did I already ask if you run into Amelia in Kanto?

Last edited:

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
    Years
    Yo Zel, , I´ve just played your Hack, and wanted to say: I like it (although I don´t like Gold, silver and Crystal)

BUT: If you speak to the old man in the first town (don´t know the name) and if you answer "yes" to his question if he should show you smth, he shows you the pokémon center, the route ... and the sea. And when he shows the sea, he stands in front of a rock, but his head is in the back (If you know what I mean^^)

And good luck with this.

Ps.: How did you change the intro (the "few words from the author")?

Years
    In the original you could only see the 8 badges from Johto. So it'll be the same here (as there's no way, at least for me, to add the pics of the others)

Mt.Moon will feature another J&J event (trying to capture a Clefairy), after that, I don't think I'll make the normal Clefairy event a "timed event", as it could mean that you would get Moon Stones quite easily. Probably it will become a one-time event.
    Or perhaps I could think something else...

OK, more screenshots. This time it's the return to Johto for the Celebii event (don't forget there's another event to do back at Johto, but I don't want to spoil that)

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Nice pictures Zel but I would point out a flaw in the picture where Gold is in his room in on the S.S. Aqua. The flaw is that you have the PA system announced as PDA in the text.

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Nice screenies of the celebi event zel.

Question, are you going to redo all the maps after the hack is done with scripting, cause they don't look right.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
    zel changed the tiles to make the game look more original which means i dont think he will change the tiles, i think it makes the game look alot better, personally the tiles zel is using are much better than fire reds tiles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back