• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2010
    Hello I have just started playing this game and...OMFG its awesome! Seriously...I have a couple of questions...What is new EXACTLY from the old game ( Other than the graphics ). Are there shinys in this game? And are there double battles?
    Thanks

JOSH

Yey there are shinys and double battles in the game

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 3, 2008
    I luv the idea about the Celebi event similar to that in Crystal. that wwas my one gripe about that generation that we couldn't officially get Celebi that way. I hated using a gameshark on the gb games to do that event.

Testing the hack on a flash card, it doesnt seem to work on a Supercard model, but it does work on a EFA (Extreme Flash Advance), and trades perfectly with a real Fire Red cart. Thank god for that, so I could keep my highly trained Poke's on a later beta.

I luv ya Zel for recreating one of my favourite games.

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    I have a quick question:
    I try to use the kanto glitch seen in youtube and described somewhere on this topic.

So far it seems you need Abra (or other who knows teleport) , and to heal at the pokemon center of Mahogany, then go to the east at route 44 and use teleport (for Beta3)
    For beta 4 preview, it seems you need to go to ice path entrance , and use teleport.

In both case, when trying to use teleport, it lells me "want to go to the last heal spot used at blackhorn" ?????

What the? I don't understand. For ex, if I heal at Goldenrod, then fly to ecruteak, I can teleport to Goldenrod, If I heal at ecruteak, teleport will ask to go to ecruteak ... Then if i go to mahogany I can still teleport to ecruteak, but at the moment i heal at Mahogany's PC , and go outside, or to route 44, whatever it will ask to teleport to blackthorn ... Sob.

Anyone can help ?

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    So what can I do to fix this? When I fly to NewBarkTown, and try to fly again, I can see kanto map with route4 and route10 or 11 dunno, available.

Route 4 is actually BlackThorn sic, and the other one brings to violet city or cherrygrove don't remember.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • 1.Will you do like A Pokemon Yellow Remake after Shiny Gold Is done?,You're like a pro =

2.Will you Include the rival of Gold to be in Kanto?

3.Will Red's Pikachu Be Like a challenge, like make it have surf somehow so it can be somewhat challenging?

4.DO You encounter You rival in Mt Moon,I Think you do...or not..?

5.Why Is Blues' Gym Made of Legos?

1. When I finish this, most likely I'll be a little older, so we should see if I still like Pokémon by that time :P (If I do, then, I don't know what I could do, I'm quite interested in scripting a Diamond premake, but I still can't think too much about that, as I must focus on this project)

2 and 4. Of course, it shows up there in the original, anyway.

3.Ashlee already has a Surfing Pikachu, it would be too repeatitive having two people with the same characteristics.

5.Maybe Skeetendo's right... XD

I have a quick question:
    I try to use the kanto glitch seen in youtube and described somewhere on this topic.

Maybe Went can explain this better, but I think they are able to do it because they are using a save file from an older Beta? (I'm just guessing, I always thought the Kanto glitch disappeared with the Preview)

That's today's quick answering post. I'm kinda busy today (and the next two days), so I better get going! See ya'll!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Yes, you can only perform the Kanto glitch in B3 or in B4 if you are using a savestate from B3 (and only once). As far as I know, the glitch happened when zel used Route 4 PC for Mahogany, so the game sent you to Route 4. Why does the game send you to Blackthorn now? I have no idea, but it's a wonderful shortcut to forget Ice Cave XD
    So, if you want to perform the glitch, pick a B3, it's in the first post.
    About the New Bark map: By some strange reason, Pallet's map was replaced by New Bark's one, so you can't fly to New Bark from the islands, but you can fly from Kanto. Route 4 is available because the PC is now in Mahogany, and you have already activated its fly warp. Route 10 (near the Power Plant) sends you to Mahogany... by a mysteryous reason I haven't discovered yet.

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Oh you can't get to blackthorn in Beta 3.5? Because I couldn't enter Ice Cave O.o

And Gary SHould Not have Legos IT should Have Me Punching Ash LOl.

Legos=NONO Hes not a kid Hes not a baby.

Also I'm Looking forward to kill the elite four then Fight Red > : D

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • Zel's avatar is sweet! Anyways, How far are u Zel? You're like just about done with Kanto rite?

Last time I saw the screenshots, he was back in Johto with the celibi event, but I think he said the fourth beta was going to end at the powerplant (Don't know for sure). So yes He is almost done with Kanto, in fat at this rate he might be done with Kanto in beta 5! And He would just fix/add stuff in beta 6. (which is good BTW)

Years
  • Last time I saw the screenshots, he was back in Johto with the celibi event, but I think he said the fourth beta was going to end at the powerplant (Don't know for sure). So yes He is almost done with Kanto, in fat at this rate he might be done with Kanto in beta 5! And He would just fix/add stuff in beta 6. (which is good BTW)
    How do you know for sure? He could be planning something special... secret Islands... secret warp zones to "secret" places... (My imagination has gone... seriously...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Is it done yet? If it is, I want to have it, patched, and with a ".GBA". I have been dying to play it.

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • I have an awesome idea, it would fill a plothole for some fans, how about after the defeat of Red, yu later find him at Viridian with Blue, and this time he actually talks to you, that would be like amazing, [/plot idea stolen from a fake "cheat" my "friend" told me, which i believed because I was GULLABLE]

I look forward to future work/betas :p.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • How do you know for sure? He could be planning something special... secret Islands... secret warp zones to "secret" places... (My imagination has gone... seriously...)

That goes under fix/add stuff in beta six, personally I don't care how long it takes as long as it get done! So take your time Zel! If you have to release a beta 7 or 8 do it!

Is it done yet? If it is, I want to have it, patched, and with a ".GBA". I have been dying to play it.

That is the equivalent of asking for a rom, which is NOT allowed on this fourm (and is illegal) so please don't ask for them, if you want to play it just patch it yourself. If you don't know how click here.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2008
    Ive got a big problem.I recently finished BETA 4 preview and i thought it was really good.OK but then i wanted to play just a plain FIRE RED rom so i downloaded one.i took the rom put it in the VBA and loaded it.but when i got to the title screen it was shiny gold!!! and now every time i download fire red its like its already been patched i want to unpatch it.PLZ HELP ME!

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Well Heres a Tip make sure they have different names and if that doesn't work copy the VBA and put it in a new folder

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    hi .
    i think im stuck in the game coz i just won the olivine gym badge and now i dont know what to do can you help me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back