• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Ahh!! Sorry!

An other thing..

Will you be able to catch Corsolas and i don´t remember which other pokemon on the mini_lake on Breedeing Center?

Like in gold?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2016
    Yay, looks like Zel is posting right now. Can't wait for the new beta, hoping to play it while I'm waiting for my 360 games to arrive.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, obviously, there is no Beta today. I'll be waiting for the heroes' sprites during this week ('cause I don't like pressing other people), so all of us must wait during this week.
    If my presumptions are correct, it could be released next weekend or Monday (you know how this thing is, it depends on how fast can everything be done, I don't want to hurry anything, as I know what that leads to...)

hey zel, you said that if you did make rock smash a TM, you would have to delete a TM from your list. Didn't you say earlier that you accidentally made two safeguard TMs?

I replaced the extra Safeguard for the correct move for that TM, which was Sweet Scent.

Hopefully in B4, the key items pics are changed, lance and mom's walking sprites are added, Jessie and James hav their own sprites, and the move tutor is there (i've been waiting for teh move tutor forever...)

Sadly, most of that stuff is not in the Beta4, and Jess and Jamie are not Jessie and James, they are just regular Rocket Grunts, and rivals.
    The Move Tutor, if I ever add it, won't be located in Crystal's location (I'm doing Gold), so probably, it would be at some extra location.

I have a little problem'o with the Eighth Gym too. I pushed the rock leading to Clair up and not down. I can't reset it now even if I walk out of the Gym. What do I do now? I'm stuck!

In fact, you just need to walk one tile away from the door, as the script that does the reset is just in front of the door, and it doesn't works if you just walk out of the Gym and step in right away.

indeed Zel is the god of hacking ;)

No, I am not... :embarrass

Where can i find the following pokemon in the hack?

BAGON
    SQUIRTLE
    BULBASAUR

Of course, I won't reveal Squirtle's location, but I can tell you that the other two are not in the game yet (but you can imagine Bagon being in some extra part at Dragon's Den), while Bulbasaur being pretty well hidden, or getting an event in order to get it.

Best hack ever!!

Good!

Hey Zel if you add Mewtwo event maybe you can use this revamp i made??

It's not that good (needs some work on the shading yet), and well, I already have someone that will help me with that kind of stuff.

Will you be able to catch Corsolas and i don´t remember which other pokemon on the mini_lake on Breedeing Center?

I think Corsola shows up at that route naturally, so it's not really necessary to wander around only at that pond. I just don't remember if you needed to use a Rod, or surfing.

I downloaded the IPS patch for the Shiny gold beta 3.5. I extracted the folder which my fire red rom was in and then I patched my Fire Red rom and then when I tried loading it on the VBA a white screen came up and then my VBA stoped responding. I have the save type set to Flash 128k. Just like its supposed to be. I tried it on 2 seperate fire red roms. I also redownloaded the patch twice. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem before beta4 comes out. I really want to play this.

Thanks in advance

LCKay

Have you tried deleting any .sav or .sa1 generated by the emulator, closing the emu, then opening it again making sure the Flash128k is enabled?

And that's all, folks!

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Well, obviously, there is no Beta today. I'll be waiting for the heroes' sprites during this week ('cause I don't like pressing other people), so all of us must wait during this week.
    If my presumptions are correct, it could be released next weekend or Monday (you know how this thing is, it depends on how fast can everything be done, I don't want to hurry anything, as I know what that leads to...)

Damn im going on vacation this tuesday and wanted to put it on my psp.....anyways a awesome hack like this is worth waiting for.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Well, obviously, there is no Beta today. I'll be waiting for the heroes' sprites during this week ('cause I don't like pressing other people), so all of us must wait during this week.

Dang it.... I was hoping to play it to make me feel better, I live in Texas and there was a huge flood, I got evacuated from my house and im in a hotel paying $1.90 a day for internet just to see if this would be out today... Oh well... Next week is OK.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014

You mean the girl hero's sprites or the sprites used when Gold (a) jumps on and off the Surfing Pokemon's back for Surf and (b) jumps on (and off) his Flying Pokemon when landing in town---or both sets of sprites? (In GSC, you could also Fly to Lake of Rage.)

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    zel can you tell me where i can find a ralts and trapinch? i realy want those pokemon cuz there evos are ones of my favs mostly flygon

yea a Flygon would rock in Shiny gold with all the moves and TMs it learns

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • Well, obviously, there is no Beta today. I'll be waiting for the heroes' sprites during this week ('cause I don't like pressing other people), so all of us must wait during this week.

No beta today? Aw, that's too bad. But seeing as this hack isn't being made by some company like Game Freak with 50 employees, I can understand it could take a while... Well, I guess I'll be playing the beta next week or so! ;)

daycare lady

2792-7496-6326
    Years
  • An error was occured

The game was saying ''The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed''

I have do all the explanation step by step, but what's the problem(s) ??

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2008
    I got that too, I thought it was a problem at first, but I continued going through, and it didn't seem to be a problem. >>;

When entering a battle, above the main character's head, there are some fuzzy markings. I'd like to show an image, but I didn't make 15 posts yet... ><;;

Those markings however do not interupt the gameplay but it is rather bothersome...

Years
  • Is this me, or is this particular hack the most popular hack on PC?

Anyways, Zel, I thought you said, in your last post, that you were gonna post screens? I was excited! "T_T

Reikou

Aspiring to be a breeder...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Impressive.... This is one of the finest Gold remakes. Really takes me back to the old days.

Treecko Tamer

AKA 'Darkliger'
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2012
    An error was occured

The game was saying ''The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed''

I have do all the explanation step by step, but what's the problem(s) ??

I had gotten that problem once. Apparantly, you downloaded the FireRed that needed an IPS file to run properly. Thankfully, all you have to do is set VBA's Save Type to Flash 128K and the problem should be fixed. Have fun!

BTW Zel, Excellent work on the hack. I'm looking foward to the next beta.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back