• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    this hack is going well and lets all pray and hope zell might be able to release the beta 2day!(doubt it)XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Can you find Torchic or any of the other starters in the wild?

Starters in the wild are only Mudkip and Squirtle, there are some others, but they don't show up in the wild, they are gotten in a different way.

Hm, I believe u have your own pics for the Key items, am I correct Zel?

I don't have them, but I'll try to sprite (to remove some dust of my spriting skills), and if they are not good, I'll ask for help :P

this hack is going well and lets all pray and hope zell might be able to release the beta 2day!(doubt it)XD

Ehhhmmm... Didn't I say we wait till the sprites are done? I hope the Beta can be released sometime in the weekend or next Monday.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2007
    cool lol i can wait till then this hack is 1 of the best i have ever seen

john55

Meh
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    My first post but anyway I have some tile problems to report about. In Goldenrod city and in the route below it there are tiles for fast moving water and normal surfable water that are connected(This problem was in 3.5), the same problems aplly to just above the goldenrod radio tower(However this one may be an exception b/c it might be b/c of the preview) I know your not supposed to post preview problems but I wasn't sure abot the second tile problem. And the third problem, I don't thinks it's a rom problem is the pokemon center by the gamecorner in goldenrod/you can't walk behind the center like most of the others centes such as the one in olivine, there is an invisble wall there. This is the back where the roof hides part of your body not the space between the two buildings themselves.(This was also in 3.5)
    It just seemed to bother me for awhile. I can't post pics up right now but if I can I will later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2008
    Wow Zel....you have an excellent game here. If you need any help in writing scenarios, Just ask me and I'll be more than willing to help.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
  • I'm just now playing through the preview and I must say it's like a nostalgic dream. My only issue is the map. I'm going to have to walk all the way through Ice Path to get to Blackthorn City. It'd really be nice if you can implement a map into the game. =D

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Hey zel, this should be the Hack of the Year. Man it's really great!!!
    The scripts are exactly like Gold/Silver.

Keep up the excellent work, man.

Pokemon Shiny Gold

Pokemon Shiny Gold

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
    Years
  • Glad to see Shiny Gold is going strong. Can't wait till the next beta. I'm sure you'll have loads of suprises in store for us Zel. Keep up the good work. :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • My first post but anyway I have some tile problems to report about.

Jojo! That's why we had a Beta Testing ^.^ (All of that has already been solved :D)

My only issue is the map. I'm going to have to walk all the way through Ice Path to get to Blackthorn City. It'd really be nice if you can implement a map into the game. =D

Yup. Even though I currently got used to walk a lot without caring about the map, it is certain that the map should be changed (but not ASAP), even when changing the map picture doesn't sound too hard (sounds... I really didn't tried that hard on my FR), the deal is in changing the spots, much like Blazichu and Coolboyman did for their Gold hacks (wonder if there is a similarity... Guess I'll discover it when I investigate it :P)

Are the 3 legendary dogs catchable in beta 4???

Not yet. There's still the issue of how to enable the event for the three of them, and how to avoid them being in Kanto (many problems, you see)

Glad to see Shiny Gold is going strong. Can't wait till the next beta. I'm sure you'll have loads of suprises in store for us Zel. Keep up the good work. :)

Most surprises would come for the final version, as it will have all the extra events and places enabled after defeating Red at Mt.Silver. But for now, you'll just have a glimpse at some places to intrigate the player. That's the main idea for now.

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
    Years
  • my two other posts disappears!!! i don't knmow why... anyway, i've discovered that there are some unused music in RSE versions that plays johto music, including route 32 and my favorite legendary beast theme. they can be found as .minigsf formats at the highly GSF site with a link for GBA sound plugin for winamp (i forgot the exact name of the website, though) and at zophar's domain...

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    This is a very excellent game beyond what I expected. Im at Ecreuteak now. I'm taking my time with the game, because it could probably end at any moment.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • This is a very excellent game beyond what I expected. Im at Ecreuteak now. I'm taking my time with the game, because it could probably end at any moment.

dont worry,man it ends after you get your eigth gym badge =P pick up the pace a lil,especially since beta4 is coming out tommrow,or so (maybe 2 or 3 days later)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • Just pointing out, Zel now has a fanclub for those who want to ask him questions not relating to SG and/or just chat with him :)

And on another note: If everything keeps on Zel's track, less then a week to go =D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Alrighty, this is the last set. This finishes the fix of the Power Plant event, and the whole Copycat event to be able to travel using the Magnet Train. However, there are a few things on the Magnet Train moving that will be pretty obvious to notice.
    The Magnet Train is made with tiles, it's not a sprite, so basically the train and the location will move at the same time -_-
    And, that tileset didn't have that much variety in green tones, you can guess the train moving is located in the same train station map, so it has to share the tileset and palettes of the train station.
    That the good part about it, is that it can still (and I'm sure sooner or later will) be improved :P

Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold
    Pokemon Shiny Gold

Dark_porygon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    the train looks great! nice that you also put in the copycat thing. I think It's very hard to script. But you are a top scripter...

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    one question in the old gold game like for the train ur face shows in the window so how come not in this screenie :P?

they showed the face in the middle of the train and since all u can c is part of the train, u probably didnt c the face, but its still there! or should be...

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    I don't believe it!

Wow zel! I didn't Think recreating the magnet train was even possible! Great job, mate, great job!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back