• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Silk

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
  • like the new design of the poke-cyber keep giving more amazing screens :)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Ok- this was taken off my forum. I taught i should post this here as its pretty important - as it regards the stroy of my game.

"Heres the thing.
    Since you can choose which Region (Kanto or the Calis Region) you wish to start in, you will pretty much chose which story you wish to do....

Brief summary:
    Members at the Calis post in Team Rocket are unhappy of how the "politics" or Team Rocket are handled with in the Region....
    The members decided to break away from the mainland of the Calis Region (which is the location which will be in Pokemon: Black Hole ) to the quiter Thread Islands (the main setting of Pokemon Silk- the thread islands are part of the Calis Region). They moved to the Thread Islands cause it will be easier to set up their plans. These "ex" members of Team Rocket- you'll find out later in the game is actaully Maxie from Team Magma- and that this is set servel years before the Hoenn Saga- and this is how Team Magma form.

The good/Bad part :
    IF you start in the Calis Region, You'll be right in the middle of whats going on as "TEam Magma break through the crime world"- and will mainly see their side of the story. The main hero will have a completely different story/background to the hero of the Kanto Region.
    ALSO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRAVEL TO THE KANTO REGION.

If you start in Kanto, you'll see the Team Rocket side of things and will be withnessing the "fall" of Team Rocket- as each of the members turn on each other (since that can't decided whos right- Maxie or Giovanni)
    Your hero will come across as a bit more of what you'd call a "City Slicker" type character (where as the hero in Calis seems very rural in the way he is preseved)
    YOU WILL TRAVEL BETWEEN BOTH THE CALIS REGION AND KANTO!

ok well there you have it. If you want a good and more involving story, pick the Calis Region.
    If you want to be able to explore all the maps the game has to offer- and possibly be tempted to Join Team Rocket... Pick Kanto....

I made the decision to do this so as to appeal to a greater fanbase."

well there you go. Please reply so I don't have to doulbe post (cause i plan on showing some new screens!)

EDIT: sorry for any typo mistakes in that- I'm not on my computer so Im in a rush. BTW- thats why i don't have screenies to pst for you all today

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I promised screens so I'll at least show you one or two.

Heres is a spoiler for the icy cave in the Calis Region.
    the reason this one is so small is cause i was going to just show you this bit, as a spoiler- but i done a bit more of the cave and am pretty confident that this will make it into the game...
    Pokemon Silk

heres another with Team Magma blocking off a entrance, you'll notice I recolored the sprites (trainer and overworld sprites)
    Pokemon Silk

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think that the sides of the ice path are a little weird. It's pretty hard to explain. Urm,
    you've got 2 ice path sides next to each other, yet, as it goes down, the 1st side on the left stops and there's still the 2nd path on the right coming down. If someone else notices this, please explain better than me.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Yup, that's the one I believe he meant. The second screen looks slightly bland too, with all those snowy rocks grouped like that. Other than that, it's pretty cool (especially the Pok?Cyber thingy, awesome :D)

I look forward to it sheck.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • ok thats fine, I've justed edited that now.... thanks for letting me know (i don't know what i was thinking when i was mapping that :S)

oh- the reason there is all those snowy rocks (on the second screen- at the top left) is cause there is a "icy path" there. And the stones are blocking off the way and it looked weird when i had only one stone at the edge of the ice path- so i put in enough rocks to go to the back wall

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • well yes/no.
    Mainly, when i decided on my finished concept for the game- that was well, the concept. But yeah- if you pick the Calis Region, you'll end up probly only going to 3 towns/cities in kanto (to help move the sotry along- so far its definatly planned to go to 2... may change)...
    It was just a way i taught, it would make the game have some repitive value...

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
  • cool ideas, will you just be visiting towns/cities in kanto or also dungeons and stuf? (when you pick Calis First)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've made up for it!
    I have started doing my CBS (custom battle system) and its coming along nicely.
    Heres a few screens for you all.
    the first is just showing off the "new look" i gave to the main menu
    Pokemon Silk

The second screen is just showing off a re-coloured TEachy Tv.
    Pokemon Silk

And fainlly, I series of screens put together to show you the CBS progress.
    Pokemon Silk

As you can See, I've numbered off Each of the screens in sequence.
    I'll go through them.
    1: Before you get into a wild battle- the "!" appears over the hero's Head.
    2: This screen just shows the wild pokemon (in this case- Zigzagoon)
    3: The 3rd screen is taken mid-way through Battle.
    4: the 4th is of the end.

I hope you like. I'd love to hear your comments-

Oh and to Esai: As of yet, you'll only get to see the towns/cities....

EDIT: BTW Kyle Dove- did you see my PM- are you going to help me?

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice work on the CBS man. The only thing a bit off is the bandanna of the main hero.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • thanks ^_^

thanks alot you 3. The cbs basics is now finished, its just a matter of coding in the pokemon level (easy) display- and other stuff like that to make it have a bit more detail.
    Each battle will be different- I've coded different damage curves for the battles i've done so far, so some will be easy and others will be hard.

Oh and heres another screen- i was ment to add this to the "CBS-Screen Montage" pic i posted earlier.
    "3.5 lol : Chosing attack"
    Pokemon Silk

keep the feedback coming.

Back