• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

chamo-chan said:
    Also, what you just mentioned...is it for real? or is an April Fools joke?

Well it's fanart so it doesn't count as real or not.

Spoiler:

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comments in the spoilers in bold.

ALso, I'm disappointed, :C this club died in a few days. ;;n;;

ah. I should have the Caption contest results up soon.

Well it's fanart so it doesn't count as real or not.

Spoiler:

Years
    Yeah, because the artist for Vol. 8 and 9, Mato, was the same for the RGB and Yellow arcs. Starting with Vol. 10 we have the artist we have today, Yamamoto, who I think is a better change. Mato drew everyone small, including the adults. He was more of the traditional Japanese comic artists, not suited to the anime we have today. Yamamoto's art reflects how anime is drawn.
    Hnurr, objection! ;A; Mato does have a tendency to do more chibi-looking art, but if you look at some of the stuff she draws on her website, you'll see that she's just as capable of drawing older, more grown-up characters like Yamamoto does.
    Besides, when Yamamoto first started drawing for PokeSpe in the GSC arc, his style wasn't exactly the best either. =w=; Only now do I find myself really liking the way he draws after seeing all them HGSS previews. He's gone a long way in a few years, yup.

...Blargh, I'm sorry for kinda rambling D8 -is bricked- Anywaaay. HGSS news, oh my.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Didn't Mato have a sort of disease or something that made her wrist weak? It would explain the decrease in quality in her drawings, since I noticed she drew a lot more chibis than usual. I wonder what would happen if she was still in good health and continued to draw Pokespe? I think her art would've shown great improvement. In most long running manga, you could see how artists grow in their art. ex. Katsura Hoshino of D.Gray-Man.

As Masa said, Yamamoto's art didn't start out as total masterpieces. I believe he was trying to stay as close to Mato's style as possible, but it came out odd-looking. In my opinion, at least. Their was something about the faces that felt a little off. But in time, he adapted to his own manga style and he seems to be doing a good job today.

Masa, do you know where to find Mato's art? I would like to see them ;.;

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Spoiler:

Torosiken

The angst is in the bloodline
    Years
    Hey all! lol I not active here xD
    I make a fanart
    it's on my DA : https://torosiken.deviantart.com/art/Yellow-Pokespe-159593951 (for anyone who have DA, comment and fave please) *shot promoting*

if you want to see it here
    Spoiler:

Ha! done in paint with a mouse!! I am proud of it :DD:D:D:D

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    *rises from the depths* I hate how I always come back then get lazy and don't post for like a month! :( Now I look around and there are all these people I have no idea who they are. I look around and I only reconize a few of y'all (Masa, System, Chamo, Achamo, Red King, Ruby) So sad. Well I hope I don't get lazy again! (yeah right)

Time to get down to business!

Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Sorry for the gender mix-up. o_O

Masara said:
    Besides, when Yamamoto first started drawing for PokeSpe in the GSC arc, his style wasn't exactly the best either. =w=; Only now do I find myself really liking the way he draws after seeing all them HGSS previews. He's gone a long way in a few years, yup.

This is true. Not until the RS arc does he improve a lot.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    I can also see that the change in styles could be based on how the official art itself is growing taller and looking older.

Years
    when I said that Silver looked small in GSC compared to HGSS I was thinking "small" in terms of his age, since the characters in the manga actually grow older unlike the anime. But I guess having different artists has something to do with that too xD

does anyone know if the Johto gym leaders will appear in the HGSS arc?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Spoiler:

I hope some appear, especially seeing as I hate Whitney (stupid, pathetic, wouldn't give me my badge), Clair (stupid cow, wouldn't accept I'd beat her) and Bugsy (weirdo).

Morty and Chuck would be good, and Falkner (when Entei and Raikou cornered him and Skarmory in GSC, that was epic)

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I think your first line should be in spoilers, Amore. ^^

Spoiler:

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    I think it's funny how you called Clair a cow when it's Whitney that has an actual one xD. I think I'm one of the few who didn't have too much trouble with her ('cos I had a Machop excusively for her gym).

Spoiler:

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
    man this arc is important but not because is HG SS is because Red san will be there and Green too so is going to be like last time the older Dex holders appear and help the younger clean up after there mess like in GSC so if Red appears then this will be a good arc if not well is not going to be popular in Japan without Red

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Not a bad start I should say. I know they've got to fix up some bits but it looks good so far.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Oh, wow. That anime thing is awesome. I cannot believe some people are actually making this! That's like a dream come true :D

Can't wait for more, in any case!

Hm, long time I've been here, just like half the forum here. We all know the reason for that, of course. (Best reason ever! :D)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back