• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Small update:
    Posted on my kit blog previously.

Crazyninjaguy on the Kit Blog said:
    Ok, here's my progress so far.
    - Save System (Almost complete)
    - Added more Pokemon
    - Bugfixes
    - Options System
    Here's what i want to achieve before the next update:
    - Finish Save System
    - Basic Bag System
    Not much left to do!
    Now i'm not leaving without a screenshot of this save system, so here it is! :D

Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Excellent work, Chris. I just realized this, but you should really resize the mouse cursor. It looks weird since everything else is resized except that.

Years
    If i do resize the mouse cursor it's massive lol.

Anywhoo, if you read the kit blog, you'll know there's an update out for Premium and Free versions.

Read the latest entry for details on how to update.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • If you resized it 200x200 in paint, it shouldn't be that large.
    200x200? Paint scales in PIXELS. Not PERCENT.

I just tried it, and it was massive.
    Safe to say i won't be using the enlarged one :3

Better advice: scale the image to 40x36. That is exactly twice the size it is now, and that will work well. Personally, I would use XnView for this sort of thing, it kills the guesswork entirely.

I just did it. Look:
    2ck37q.jpg

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • 200x200? Paint scales in PIXELS. Not PERCENT.

Better advice: scale the image to 40x36. That is exactly twice the size it is now, and that will work well. Personally, I would use XnView for this sort of thing, it kills the guesswork entirely.

I just did it. Look:
    2ck37q.jpg

Um. Paint does scale in percent, in-fact it does both lol.

Years
  • Yeah, as carmaniac said, the windows 7 paint can scale in either percent or pixels.
    I did exactly what Cilerba said lol.

I'm not that stupid as to resize the cursor 200 pixels by 200 :3

Big Bang

Creator Of Pokémon Solstice
    Years
  • I saw something that looked familiar on YouTube. Hopefully Idont need to start a game in progress all over again. If so, oh well, I guess I could make another using these Essentials.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Yeah, as carmaniac said, the windows 7 paint can scale in either percent or pixels.
    The fact that Windows 7 paint does anything good or useful astounds me.
    Makes me wish I had'nt downgraded to Vista paint. Oh, wait, no it doesn't.

Regardless I don't think your stupid, despite the implications to what I said. I have more faith in you than I have in the vast majority of this entire site.

Speaking of you, I compiled a few graphical assets for you. One is the sprite for Pikachu from Black/Whit with all frames of his animation compiled horizonally. Each frame is 96x96.
    There are also running sprites for the Male and Female from Black and White, normally walking sprites for the female, a walking spriteset for Pikachu, and Dent(The grass first gym leader).
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aagp2pmezcka14g

Yeah, as carmaniac said, the windows 7 paint can scale in either percent or pixels.
    The fact that Windows 7 paint does anything good or useful astounds me.
    Makes me wish I hadn't downgraded to Vista paint. Oh, wait, no it doesn't.

Regardless I don't think your stupid, despite the implications to what I said. I have more faith in you than I have in the vast majority of this entire site.

Also, I've compiled a few graphical assets for you. One is the sprite for one of my favorites, Pikachu from Black/White with all frames of his animation compiled horizontally. Each frame is 96x96.
    There are also running sprites for the Male and Female from Black and White, normally walking sprites for the female, a walking spriteset for Pikachu, and Dent(The grass first gym leader).
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aagp2pmezcka14g

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ace, thank you ^_^
    This'll help me a lot :D

Quick update, i've finished move learning, i'm now onto sorting them all out so that Pokemon can use them etc.

When i've done that, i'll make a quick simple battle system!

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • I'd reccomend either B/W or HGSS dual screen interfaces. KitsuneKouta and I are already almost finished With ALL the icons for all 649 pokemon. we should be done tomorrow. we have all the alt forms and I'm sure we both would like to help you out with this project.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • I'd reccomend either B/W or HGSS dual screen interfaces. KitsuneKouta and I are already almost finished With ALL the icons for all 649 pokemon. we should be done tomorrow. we have all the alt forms and I'm sure we both would like to help you out with this project.

He's doing all the interfaces of black and white, he said quite a few pages back he wants to get as close to the latest game as possible.

Gmack

I'm back!
    Years
  • Wow! I'm definitely excited.
    This may even turn out better than Poccil's starter kit!
    So you're making it like B/W?
    Cool! I'll keep my eye out for this. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back