• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    The website doesn't use the .net domain anymore, we now use .co.uk domain.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Also i don't know if Chris has mentioned this yet but he will resume his project Feb. 8th 2011.

Years
  • Right, i'm back after a month and a bit!
    Work had been progressing on the kit until a few days ago when i decided to take a break. The current version is version 0.0.3_2, so if you don't have that one, you can use the updater to update.

Work is scheduled to start in about half a month's time, bear with me until then!
    Thanks! :D

Years
  • Changelog said:
    ==========================================
    * Version 0.1.0

Fixed:

- Day/Season checker fixed to show right season.
    - Fixed error on title screen if Audio/SE/Cry was fetched.
    - Fixed small selection screen error where it would try to update every box.
    - Gave Charmander Tackle instead of Aeroblast.

Added:

- Bag System (Semi-Functional)

Yeah, work has begun again! Woo!
    So yeah, update using the PlanetDev Server Option!

No takers? Well here's another update.

Changelog said:
    ========================================
    Version 0.1.0_1
    ========================================

What's new?

Updater:

- Added Backup Scripts option.
    - Added Update Items option.
    - Added Update Tutorial Map option.

This one is purely an updater update.
    It's added a lot of new features, as you can see above.

The main one is the backup scripts option. I added this after Me2Hack lost his custom scripts when updating to Version 0.1.0, so this should avoid that.

Basically, it copies your scripts file and renames it to PreviousScripts.rxdata so you can use it again if you need to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    It's pretty unstable for the time being. I keep getting an error message when I try to load a game file, and in your testbed, the pokemon won't evolve as another error message appears.

Nonetheless, this has great potential. I would love to see this get done.

Years
  • Yeah, it's still in development so i'd expect some bugs here and there.

What error do you get when loading a game file? I can fix that pretty quickly.
    Also, the Pokemon Evolution scene isn't scripted yet, so that's the cause of that error.

Years
  • Changelog said:
    =======================================
    Version 0.1.1
    =======================================

Notes:

- Please update your Tutorial Map to see the newer script calls.
    You will get errors if you don't!
    - Also, after every update, it is advised to start a new game and delete the old savefile
    so as to increase compatibility with new game classes and avoid errors.

Changes:

- Made Changelogs save to a new folder "Changelogs" instead
    of cluttering up the root directory. Changes take effect when you update next.
    - Added a movie player script by trebor777.
    - Added a background on the bottom screen on the map.
    - Fixed error on loading screen when a savefile is found.
    - Fixed playing map BGM and BGS after loading a file. Used to play title screen music.
    - Added the Pokemon Information part of the summary screen.
    - Fixed Evolution error. Still no evolution scene.
    - Fixed error when opening bag with no items.
    - Changed the way in which the summary screen is called to make it cleaner coding-wise.

New Files:

- Graphics/Battlers/004.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/summaryinfobar.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/summaryinfobg.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/summaryinfotop.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/summaryinfobottom.png

Quite a big update this one.
    Usual server, choose the PlanetDev Server in the updater!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog said:
    Version 0.1.1_1

Notes:

- Just a really quick fix this one.

Changes:

- Fixed the battle system after pokemon frame changes.

Very quick update!
    Basically, i changed the way that pokemon animations are handled as i realised that they'll probably have a different number of frames for front and back animations.

I forgot to change the values in the battle system :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Me2Hack, heh, yup. For those of you who don't know, Version 1.0.0 will be the first stable version with which you can release a game with.

Another update! This is my fourth in 2 days!

Changelog said:
    Version 0.1.1_2

Notes:

- This update focuses on the summary screen.
    I've now finished the information part of the scene. Moves and
    stats will come next.

Changes:

- Added type images instead of text.
    - Added which pokeball type the pokemon was caught with.
    - Added an EXP bar to the summary screen.
    - Added the Pokemon's name and level near the pokeball.
    - Added a gender image.
    - Added exit button to summary screen.

New Files:

- Graphics/Pictures/types.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png
    - Graphics/Pictures/summaryexp.png

This update completes the Information part of the summary screen!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    This is MUCH better.

There is a strange error I get in the Items menu, the text menu pops up and says "640", and nothing else. Also, I can't seem to escape from it, even when I received a potion.

In the battle mode, I assume that the other commands besides attack (bag, switch, etc.) are not implemented yet?

Years
  • Ah, the items menu would be a piece of debug code that i never took out, thanks for the heads up :3

Yeah, bag, pokemon and run aren't added yet.

Thanks for being the only one besides Me2Hack to take an interest in this :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I don't understand why such few people are taking interest in this. While essentials would be your competition, it's still looking really good.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    I don't understand why such few people are taking interest in this. While essentials would be your competition, it's still looking really good.

Probably because most people have already started their projects with essentials. Also could be because this is new, indeed it has potential, but Essentials has been around for quite some time, there's plenty of tutorials for it plus you could very well get these features(take a look at Blue Chrome). Still I respect this project and hope to see it make progress, I'd gladly convert to it if it becomes better than PE.

Years
  • I realize that it's not finished yet, but i was expecting a little more feedback from people as i got a huge amount before release.

Anyways. I'll be working on the Moves part of the summary screen when i get home!

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I realize that it's not finished yet, but i was expecting a little more feedback from people as i got a huge amount before release.

The problem is, I think it's too unfinished for people to really give any solid feedback. Especially when we have no idea whether something is an intended feature/omission, or whether its just incomplete. Regardless, here's a few things I noticed:

• Is there a battle system yet? I couldn't test it out, since talking to the woman who gives you two Pokémon crashed the game with an "Argument error: wrong number of arguments (2 for 3)".
    • The updater is a very cool idea. However, it should really be made a bit more user friendly. The background image and music and everything looks cool, but it's really unnecessary - especially the music. It's also incredibly slow, and no, it isn't because of my internet.
    • The interface seems pretty primitive at the moment. Some buttons respond to touch while others require using the keyboard. It's all pretty inconsistant.
    • Some of the graphics are double sized, while some aren't. You need to learn how to tell the difference since it looks kinda messy at the moment.
    • Changelogs are awesome. Seriously. Never stop doing them :) .
    • There's an awkward pause just before a message starts displaying (i.e. before the letter-by-letter animation starts). It's barely noticeable, but it's a little annoying.
    • Doesn't use a Pokémon font! Arial looks really out of place.

Years
    • Is there a battle system yet? I couldn't test it out, since talking to the woman who gives you two Pokémon crashed the game with an "Argument error: wrong number of arguments (2 for 3)".
    Yeah there is :D The reason you get the error is because since i uploaded that version (As in the full kit download) i edited the way you add pokemon. A simple fix is to choose "Update Tutorial Map" in the updater. This only updates Map001 so i suggest keeping that free.

• The updater is a very cool idea. However, it should really be made a bit more user friendly. The background image and music and everything looks cool, but it's really unnecessary - especially the music. It's also incredibly slow, and no, it isn't because of my internet.
    Thanks, i think so too :3
    Yeah, i'm gonna speed it up for the next update, and possibly remove the music. I know how to speed it up so that won't be a problem.

• The interface seems pretty primitive at the moment. Some buttons respond to touch while others require using the keyboard. It's all pretty inconsistant.
    Yeah, i'm working on making everything consistant, but i like to release updates as soon as i've finished something, so people are always getting bugfixes and the like. Sometimes this does mean a few unfinished things but they'll get there.

• Some of the graphics are double sized, while some aren't. You need to learn how to tell the difference since it looks kinda messy at the moment.
    Hmm, i'll take a look at those. Which ones in particular look messy?

• Changelogs are awesome. Seriously. Never stop doing them :) .
    Yeah, after staring at Poccil's changelogs for a while, i realised i couldn't make head nor tail of them lol, So these are human readable :D

• There's an awkward pause just before a message starts displaying (i.e. before the letter-by-letter animation starts). It's barely noticeable, but it's a little annoying.
    Hrm. I'll look into that.

• Doesn't use a Pokémon font! Arial looks really out of place.
    I'll add one in the next update!
    Thanks for your feedback ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back