• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon still on DS in the future?

Should main series Pokemon games remain on DS in the future?

• Total voters

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Actually, besides the features on the 3DS that I wanted to check out for myself, one of the reasons why I bought one was because of the many games that'll be on it(with it still being able to play DS games), one of the main series being Pokemon of course.

User19sq

I'd have the future games on both systems. Gives players more to choose from with little restrictions. Cuz I'm sure us without a 3DS aren't gonna buy one just for a new game. :3

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'd have the future games on both systems. Gives players more to choose from with little restrictions. Cuz I'm sure us without a 3DS aren't gonna buy one just for a new game. :3

They might as well just leave them with the DS. Having them for both would not be worth it for the 3DS version because of how much more it could handle, that is if you mean DS with 3DS enhancements(to be able to even make it worthy of a 3DS release, there would have to be A LOT more in the 3DS version). Also, having 2 different versions for different handhelds would be too much work on their part and not worth it...

Why are people so wanting it to be that crippled with a DS version...just because they don't have a 3DS currently? Most like the games won't be out for at least a year and a half+ because we don't even have any news on anything really.

Don't you think that would give you some time to upgrade to a 3DS? Don't you want the games to be created to their full potential? The 3DS can make that happen with how much more it can do than the DS.

Years
  • Its more likely that they'll release the next generation in the 3ds, for better quiality since the sprites of BW pokemons a little bit LQ (that's only my opinion though)

Years
  • Personally I'd prefer them to stay on the DS.

Actually, it's my understanding that the 3DS was a big let down and isn't that popular. That's what I've heard online anyways. So I really don't know.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's a great idea, but in the real world you have to consider that it takes a lot of time and money to make one Pokémon game - so where are they supposed to come up with enough resources to make two totally different games at once?

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • That's a great idea, but in the real world you have to consider that it takes a lot of time and money to make one Pokémon game - so where are they supposed to come up with enough resources to make two totally different games at once?

They'd be the same game, just with/without the 3D aspects. But good point; I suppose they wouldn't be able to do that.

In any case, I think that Pokemon should stay on the DS at least for a while longer, since not many people have a 3DS yet.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I see the third game being on DS but as for future games such as an R/S/E remake it's possible that they will be for the 3DS.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The odd one or two spin-off may be on DS but by the looks of it, Nintendo have their future Pokémon games on 3DS for example Pokemon Rumble Blast. An RSE remake would be on 3DS I'd assume but not the third game to BW, that will remain on DS... I think.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I honestly would love to see RS in 3DS and I'd assume people would buy a 3DS just for the remakes.. that would boost sales = money for nintendo.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I honestly would love to see RS in 3DS and I'd assume people would buy a 3DS just for the remakes.. that would boost sales = money for nintendo.

I definitely would. I don't really have any other reason to buy one except for maybe Mario Kart 7, but I think a R/S remake would be worth buying an entirely new system. Hoenn needs to have it's comeback!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I definitely would. I don't really have any other reason to buy one except for maybe Mario Kart 7, but I think a R/S remake would be worth buying an entirely new system. Hoenn needs to have it's comeback!

That's the exact reason I bought my 3DS, strictly for Mario Kart 7 but I know there will be other games I'll want. To see Hoenn in 3D would be SUCH a step-up from where it currently is and to be honest.. it needs it and I do see it happening sometime in 2012/13 and I'm really excited actually!

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • That's the exact reason I bought my 3DS, strictly for Mario Kart 7 but I know there will be other games I'll want. To see Hoenn in 3D would be SUCH a step-up from where it currently is and to be honest.. it needs it and I do see it happening sometime in 2012/13 and I'm really excited actually!

I agree! Hoenn was the most tropical region and in my opinion, the nicest to look at/travel, and seeing it on a new engine (in 3D, at that) would be a real treat. Plus, I'd love to see the revamped designs of the characters, but anyway...

Don't mean to be off topic, but I definitely think the R/S remakes would be made to rock the 3DS to it's fullest potential.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • And they could potentially be the best games and the best seller for the 3DS. As for Pokémon Grey assuming that's what they brand the title of the third game I'd assume that would be for DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    In retrospect, Game Freak aren't that good at their first games for a new system. Remember how rough the 3D graphics in Diamond and Pearl are, and the dreadfully programmed music? An even better example is Ruby and Sapphire - nearly everyone who worked on FR/LG also worked on R/S, and the quality of the graphics and mapping in FR/LG is much much better.

Back