• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
  • We don't really get many Gym Leaders or Elite Four who are like Giovanni and Malva, mainly because they are meant to be role model figures. But sometimes I do like to see a breaking of the mold.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • I doubt we'll get another Gym Leader or E4 member in the for a while as since it took 5 generations after Gen I to have another Gym Leader/E4 member in the enemy team.

And if we don't get something like that I would at least like Gym Leaders to play a bigger role in the plot. I mean the only Gym Leaders that have any real impact on the story outside of the Gym are Cheren(B2W2), Giovanni(RBGY,FRLG) Korinna(XY)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think gym leaders will get pretty involved outside of their cities. I mean, in Black and White, everyone had a role, everyone was involved in -something- and I think bringing that back to the new games would be awesome. I've noticed in the recent games the NPCs are becoming more than just standard characters, and it would be cool if that continued onto Sun and Moon.

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
    Years
  • Speculation: No true one but I think a certain fanbase of a red Minun over months of Sun and Moon's existence will grow about as huge as Pichu/maybe Lucario and much bigger than Minun. I've been noticing a Plusle popularity growth after X/Y and then Plusle became more popular and liked than Minun after OrAs. I guess people's tastes in Pokemon are changing idk. I used to like Plusle more than Minun for like... a couple months so it could be anything.

Hopes: Another "Pikaclone", Ghost Eeveelution, for it to be in hawaii, Mega forms for Pachirisu, Minun, and Rachu/Wigglytuff. Also I hope Amie comes back improved and much bigger as well as C-Stick support.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I would like to see a longer plot that feels more realistic than what XY had.

Yeah, I really liked how the plot on both BW and BW2 extended past the 8th Gym. BW's even went all the way up into the League itself, which I thought was pretty awesome. On that note, I would also like the boss battles of the evil team to be challenging too like how they done Ghetsis in BW.

I hope CoroCoro has something in the leaks later this upcoming week, I'm starting to run low on speculative juice...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I hope CoroCoro has something in the leaks later this upcoming week, I'm starting to run low on speculative juice...

Yeah, I don't really like speculating at the moment because it's a bit directionless. I mean on one end it's pretty cool because everything is still possible but on the other end it makes it hard to discuss anything with any real confidence.

Do we think the starters are going to be revealed in the next CoroCoro? Hasn't it happened in the past that we've seen leaks in CoroCoro and then not long after The Pokemon Company releases a trailer relating to the leaks? (I'm pretty sure that happened with various mega evolutions like Lopunny and Audino during the lead up to ORAS)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I was disappointed by the lack of post-story content in X/Y. I hope there'll be more things to do and more places to explore after the main story in Sun/Moon. I mean in B/W/B2/W2, you had almost the other half of the region to explore after the credits roll whereas X/Y only had one island with a friend safari and a battle tower replacement.

I would also like to see the return of seasons. I liked how the day and night cycle changed depending on the season (long days in summer and short days in winter).

pkmin3033

Do we think the starters are going to be revealed in the next CoroCoro? Hasn't it happened in the past that we've seen leaks in CoroCoro and then not long after The Pokemon Company releases a trailer relating to the leaks? (I'm pretty sure that happened with various mega evolutions like Lopunny and Audino during the lead up to ORAS)
    If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get silhouettes of the starters, and maybe some ridiculously small region details; where it is, a name if we're lucky, and maybe some cryptic comment about the state of it. We could get some new Mega Evolutions though, since those wouldn't exactly be "secret" in the same sense as all the new stuff.

...at least I hope we'll get SOMETHING, otherwise we're probably going to have to wait another month.

Years
  • I hope we get something in CoroCoro, even if it's just silhouettes of the starters and mascot legendaries, or some small region details. If we don't get anything new we'd have to wait another month and that would be tedious.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    My top ten wishes for these games.

10: Get me to care about Ice types already!
    9: Improvements on the Bug type. Maybe a resistance to Fairy or Dark types.
    8: Eliminate the HMs as items. Keep the purpose by having someone who teaches you how to use your Pokemon for clearing obstacles and riding, but won't teach you certain lessons until you have enough badges. Keep the moves Fly, Dive, Waterfall, and Surf themselves.
    7: Bianca being the an assistant to the local Pokemon Professor.
    6: Primal Reversion & Dark Mewtwo.
    5: Help from old favorites to capture legendary Pokemon.
    4: Area-dex! Why did you remove that, Game Freak? It made the game about five times better.
    3: A challenge mode.
    2: The return of Team Rocket!
    1: Pokemon World Tournament.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Looks like, based on the past few posts I've read, you are all as eager as I am waiting to see if CoroCoro will have anything to show.

But wait, wasn't the March issue scans already leaked, showing Magearna inside? If so then it looks like we won't get anything SuMo related til the next issue, unless I stand corrected.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If I had to guess, I'd say we'll get silhouettes of the starters, and maybe some ridiculously small region details; where it is, a name if we're lucky, and maybe some cryptic comment about the state of it. We could get some new Mega Evolutions though, since those wouldn't exactly be "secret" in the same sense as all the new stuff.

...at least I hope we'll get SOMETHING, otherwise we're probably going to have to wait another month.

When's the last time we actually got a silhouette of a Pokemon though? (Magearna doesn't count since that was only for the front cover of CoroCoro)

We didn't even get silhouettes for the 6th gen starters, so it makes me wonder why they would go back to silhouettes now? I feel like the last time we had a proper silhouette reveal was for Zoroark. Am I forgetting something?

One possibility is that CoroCoro will have screens from a trailer The Pokemon Company is planning to reveal soon. (as in this month)

Years
  • We didn't even get silhouettes for the 6th gen starters, so it makes me wonder why they would go back to silhouettes now? I feel like the last time we had a proper silhouette reveal was for Zoroark. Am I forgetting something?

One possibility is that CoroCoro will have screens from a trailer The Pokemon Company is planning to reveal soon. (as in this month)

The Unova starters were also first revealed by silhouettes on Pokemon Sunday (one of Pokenchi's previous incarnations) before being unmasked a few months later. But I am sure we had no 6th Gen Pokemon revealed via silhouettes.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I feel like if they were ready to reveal silhouettes of the starters then they'd be ready to just straight out reveal the starters. Unless there was something unusual or surprising about them. (like if they weren't grass/fire/water starters)

When was the last time CoroCoro specifically revealed just silhouettes of a Pokemon without fully revealing it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno I think we're due for some news soon.

On another note, what do you guys hope for in regards to your own backstory? Normally we know we have parents and boom that's it. Do you guys think we could get some information of something our character has done in the past or in previous games? Or will they follow the boring route of you are who you are and you had no past?

Years
  • As Nica said, I'm sure we'll be due for a CoroCoro issue soon and hopefully we'll be expecting some S&M-related news, if that's what they're going to showcase.

Zet

Years
  • Most likely we'll get information about the bird we saw, and then later in the year before E3 we'll get to know about the starters. And at E3 we'll probably get all the info we need.

Back