• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    I'd really like to see more late game content. Anyone can beat the main gym leaders and the elite four.. lets have some more story for trainers who aced the main story. More hard to solve, optional puzzles. More events based on day of the week, time of day, and randomness to make us feel like the world is alive. Rivals and re-occuring characters that are up to things other than running into you and failing at life...

And if you have to make MORE Pokemon, I'm putting my bid in for some awesome Pure Ghost-Type pokemon. (No Poison attachments).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I suddenly got another idea I want to share with there.
    What about they made hidden cheat feature in Pokemon Sun & Moon.
    Like during the game we will find hidden cheats with a lot of money and items.
    Some cheats can have TM/HM you can't get anywhere else, the same can be for Items.
    and the last can be at you can find very rare Key Items in hidden cheats.

Cheats are something I likely don't see working in Pokemon. But it would be interesting to see how it would be executed if they were to include it.

Perhaps we could get maps with a level of detail more along the line of those used in the Prima guides as we progress in the game, and maybe NPCs could give us better hints about where the more difficult-to-find field item Poké Balls are and/or information on Pokémon availability like those guides do as well? If they bring the DexNav back, then that last idea could be integrated with it by letting NPCs share some of their data from their PokéNav Pluses with you.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd really like to see more late game content. Anyone can beat the main gym leaders and the elite four.. lets have some more story for trainers who aced the main story. More hard to solve, optional puzzles. More events based on day of the week, time of day, and randomness to make us feel like the world is alive. Rivals and re-occuring characters that are up to things other than running into you and failing at life...

And if you have to make MORE Pokemon, I'm putting my bid in for some awesome Pure Ghost-Type pokemon. (No Poison attachments).

Ehhhh We have more pure ghost than Ghost/Poison types. Wouldn't mind a few new ones.

Wouldn't bet on any post E4 stuff since this is the intro core titles.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I am as well. I'm really hoping the speculation of pokemon/trainer fusion is not true. Mega Evolution was awesome. Fusion should stay in Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-oh!. As for Megas that I would want, I would say my list would be Scrafty, Toxicroak, Yanmega, Flygon, and Every starter from gens 2, 4, and 5. I still think it would be too soon to Mega evolve the Kalos starters. Delphox and Chesnaught need them, yes, but the timing would just be off.
    reburst style

or as some kind of poke-wield?

i could definitely see if they made pokemon that can attach to their trainer like the jake suitor ship

but full out fusion(like reburst) would never work.
    rather have a pokemon mecha

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Don't know if this is worth bringing up, but it's starting to drive me insane.

Ok... remember last year when we got that "flowers" hint? If some of you don't remember, here's what it was:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com...ting-director-teases-flowers-in-series-future

Now I'm going to show you a tweet from Masuda only 3 hours ago:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/711768368211058689

The thing about this tweet that's been bothering me is that he has been tweeting about this event since around August/September of last year, and not just once but multiple times. If the "flowers" hint ain't about AZ's Floette, this is the only other thing that pops in my mind. Could the location of this festival be a hint towards where the region in S/M might be?

Hey, wait a minute: Bulbapedia's article on the Sevii Islands says in its 'Origin' section that the archipelago is based on that of the real-life Izu (and Bonin) islands! Does this mean that we're returning to the Sevii Islands!?! I'd really like to go back there since some of those islands' terrain was pretty neat, but we probably won't get to visit them again since they're linked with Kanto…sigh.

Last edited:

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey, wait a minute: Bulbapedia's article on the Sevii Islands says in its 'Origin' section that the archipelago is based on that of the real-life Izu (and Bonin) islands! Does this mean that we're returning to the Sevii Islands!?! I'd really like to go back there since some of those islands' terrain was pretty neat, but we probably won't get to visit them again since they're linked with Kanto…sigh.
    if we do get a new region linked to them, its eith gonna be E,W or S of them as kanto is to the north. it would also be the first time in awhile that a clean link between regions has been made.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am as well. I'm really hoping the speculation of pokemon/trainer fusion is not true. Mega Evolution was awesome. Fusion should stay in Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-oh!. As for Megas that I would want, I would say my list would be Scrafty, Toxicroak, Yanmega, Flygon, and Every starter from gens 2, 4, and 5. I still think it would be too soon to Mega evolve the Kalos starters. Delphox and Chesnaught need them, yes, but the timing would just be off.
    It'll be more like Digimon in it's fourth season.The Digidestined fused with digimon spirits. We already have Yugioh and Dragon Ball Z style fusing with Kyurem and the other two members of it's trio, kind of.

Crin

Life is all about choices
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    While I was sleeping last night I had a crazy dream about Pokemon Sun and Moon! The region was the biggest region to date. It had more than 8 gyms (I didn't see how many, I just know there was more than eight). The starter Pokemon weren't the traditional Water, Fire, and Grass, but rather Fighting, Psychic, and Dark. The level cap didn't cap at 100 either.
    It was such a crazy dream. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me what I want out of a Pokemon game? ;)

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It'll be more like Digimon in it's fourth season.The Digidestined fused with digimon spirits. We already have Yugioh and Dragon Ball Z style fusing with Kyurem and the other two members of it's trio, kind of.
    i'd say i'd be less like spirit digivolution & more like bio-merge digivolution, especially considering that ash has already got the same type of connection with greninja that takato had with wargrowlmon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • While I was sleeping last night I had a crazy dream about Pokemon Sun and Moon! The region was the biggest region to date. It had more than 8 gyms (I didn't see how many, I just know there was more than eight). The starter Pokemon weren't the traditional Water, Fire, and Grass, but rather Fighting, Psychic, and Dark. The level cap didn't cap at 100 either.
    It was such a crazy dream. Maybe it was my subconscious telling me what I want out of a Pokemon game? ;)

I had a dream about them too. In mine they had given Pokemon different looks that worked similar to shiny Pokemon. It was for the purpose of making Pokemon more individualize. Most of the ones I saw were pink Pokemon like Jigglypuff, and Chansey. They got some spot patterns (they were symmetrical unlike Spinda's spots) on their stomachs. I did see a different looking Victini and Diancie. Also Reshira, Zekrom, and Kyurem played some role...
    The region had a connection to Kalos.
    Also in the dream Sun and Moon versions were also coming out for a device called the DS Pro.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • If pokemon does do the trainer pokemon fusion thing like in reburst it will definitely be an interesting move. though i admit i am not to sure how I'll feel about it if it happens. On the hand I like the concept as it will be a bold move for the main series gamesit but on the other hand I feel like it could possibly ruin the main series games or at least be a step in the wrong direction for the franchise

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    While I was sleeping last night I had a crazy dream about Pokemon Sun and Moon! The region was the biggest region to date. It had more than 8 gyms (I didn't see how many, I just know there was more than eight). The starter Pokemon weren't the traditional Water, Fire, and Grass, but rather Fighting, Psychic, and Dark. The level cap didn't cap at 100 either.
    I had a dream about them too. In mine they had given Pokemon different looks that worked similar to shiny Pokemon. It was for the purpose of making Pokemon more individualize. Most of the ones I saw were pink Pokemon like Jigglypuff, and Chansey. They got some spot patterns (they were symmetrical unlike Spinda's spots) on their stomachs. I did see a different looking Victini and Diancie. Also Reshira, Zekrom, and Kyurem played some role...
    The region had a connection to Kalos.
    Also in the dream Sun and Moon versions were also coming out for a device called the DS Pro.
    another reason why you should steer clear of the "purple shuckle juice"

Years
  • so i haven't read through this entire thread so if i copy someone i apologize, my main speculation is that sun and moon take place in the Ferrum region introduced by Pokken! It makes sense it is surrounded by water so it has the tropical feel we saw in the teaser video, it has 4 major cities with tons of buildings if we go by the mapping in Pokken. Has some mountain ranges as well as an island for surfing too with small islands in between. What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    so i haven't read through this entire thread so if i copy someone i apologize, my main speculation is that sun and moon take place in the Ferrum region introduced by Pokken! It makes sense it is surrounded by water so it has the tropical feel we saw in the teaser video, it has 4 major cities with tons of buildings if we go by the mapping in Pokken. Has some mountain ranges as well as an island for surfing too with small islands in between. What do you guys think?

Only issue with the speculation is that Ferrum is owned by the company that made Pokken. Since it's a spin off title, it won't have any real relevance in the main title series. Gamefreak doesn't tend to borrow any aspect from spin off games, and regions from spin offs tend to not exist in their world. A lot of lore from the Spin offs tend to contradict or aren't heavily compatible with main series games, though the main series does have a tendency to rework their lore compatibility with older titles as time goes on (Zinnia's Alternate world theory).

While Ferrum would seem to be a good choice, it's not likely to happen. GF will create a brand new area just for themselves.

Also to note, Spin Offs CAN and usually DO reference main series events, but the main series, to the very best of my knowledge, do not acknowledge the existence of the spin off games. This is pretty much why we have never seen Shadow Pokemon, or the Ranger series Pokemon Rangers in the main games. I think there was one reference to the Ranger series from a Pokemon Ranger in one of the main titles as a localized English blurb only, making it an unofficial nodding. (Cannot even find this mention in any of the fansites so I don't know if I am misremembering or not)

Years
  • That is a very good point and i did overlook it... lol
    i just got so excited playing pokken and the fact it seems to fit well with what little we know about the gen 7 game. i really do hope they do well by the 7th gen only cause 7 is my favourite number :P

Back