• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree with Xander re: the region name. I mean I'd have loved for Orre to have appeared in a main series game but the chances of that happening were pretty much impossible. It would be cool though if they did reference it, and discuss an alternate world where battles are constantly happening. Probably not though!

@Jetfire: It would be cool to have but they'll probably end up making something even more convenient. The day care could actually call YOU for once. Each game improves in regards to technology so bringing in a smartphone that'll let you know of these things is pretty possible. I could see them combining all the different things of the past into in-game smartphone apps. Poketch, Pokegear, etc, it can all make a comeback!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Don't know if this is worth bringing up, but it's starting to drive me insane.

Ok... remember last year when we got that "flowers" hint? If some of you don't remember, here's what it was:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com...ting-director-teases-flowers-in-series-future

Now I'm going to show you a tweet from Masuda only 3 hours ago:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/711768368211058689

The thing about this tweet that's been bothering me is that he has been tweeting about this event since around August/September of last year, and not just once but multiple times. If the "flowers" hint ain't about AZ's Floette, this is the only other thing that pops in my mind. Could the location of this festival be a hint towards where the region in S/M might be?

Hey, wait a minute: Bulbapedia's article on the Sevii Islands says in its 'Origin' section that the archipelago is based on that of the real-life Izu (and Bonin) islands! Does this mean that we're returning to the Sevii Islands!?! I'd really like to go back there since some of those islands' terrain was pretty neat, but we probably won't get to visit them again since they're linked with Kanto…sigh.

f we do get a new region linked to them, its eith[er] gonna be E,[ ]W or S of them as [K]anto is to the north. t would also be the first time in awhile that a clean link between regions has been made.

If this 'new' region were to lie to the west of the Sevii Islands, I'm not very confident that it would actually be completely new, per se: if you compare Bulbapedia's map of the Orange Archipelago to its map of which real-world locations the Japan-based Pokémon regions are based on and overlap with, you see that the Orange Islands and the Sevii Islands definitely overlap, though the former do extend somewhat farther to the west than the latter.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

RandomDSdevel I agree with you on that:-)

I take it that you're responding to my region speculation?

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I do think that we might return to the Sevii islands, but in their full glory. Originally they were intended to have more islands according to the games coding, and an old lady (irc) on 7 island mentions that there are more than 7 islands. We could see the creation of a league, perhaps spearheaded by Lorelei and possibly Agatha.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I do think that we might return to the Sevii islands, but in their full glory. Originally they were intended to have more islands according to the games coding, and an old lady (irc) on 7 island mentions that there are more than 7 islands. We could see the creation of a league, perhaps spearheaded by Lorelei and possibly Agatha.

That would be awesome! Imagine Mt. Ember, Cape Brink, Icefall Cave, Sevault Canyon, Tanoby Key, Tanoby Ruins, Tanoby Chambers, and all the rest in glorious 3D…

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    My biggest hope regarding Sun and Moon is that these games are actually fleshed out and ambitious. I was looking through the content in HG/SS recently and man... it was pretty great. Makes me wish I had appreciated it more when it was first out ha ha.

I want a couple of continents with an interwoven story and I would love for them to play on nostalgia. Most of all, I want a varied amount of post-game content. A new Battle Frontier, Pokemon World Tournaments, and regions with lots of varied high level Pokemon to just train in. It would be great if they actually made the game so becoming the Champion opened up a new set of responsibilities. Rematches, defending your title, and possibly training others (however that would work).

I want to pick these games up and be awed like I used to be, not underwhelmed at the latest gimmick in the latest iteration of the franchise. I have faith in them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That would be awesome! Imagine Mt. Ember, Cape Brink, Icefall Cave, Sevault Canyon, Tanoby Key, Tanoby Ruins, Tanoby Chambers, and all the rest in glorious 3D…
    Connected to the lady I mentioned before. (From Bulbapedia's Trivia section): The name possibly combines the number seven and the Roman numeral for seven, VII. The Japanese name Nanashima literally means "seven islands". According to an old woman on Seven Island, they were named the Sevii Islands not because there are seven (two event items reveal there are in fact nine), but because they were made in seven days.
    Now, just what kind of being made these islands? Groudon? Another legendary?
    Another unsolved mystery was that of pattern bush. They might be a reference to Nazca lines (someone wanted a legend connected to them in an earlier page), or crop circles (which can be aliens in this case, and aliens bring to mind space).

Years

I know we've never returned to a previous-gen location other than Kanto in the Johto games, and while I think it'll be unlikely I would still love to see more of Sevii Islands.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We probably won't return to the Sevii Islands... there's no reason for it to reappear. Kanto, yes, because of 20 years. Johto, probably not, unless they gave us Kanto and Johto in one. Hoenn, maybe, because everyone loves Hoenn but we only just returned to it so no. Sinnoh maybe, we are expecting a remake after all. Unova there's no real reason to return to it (unfortunately). Kalos, yes, probably the biggest reason of all - due to Zygarde. But Sevii Islands doesn't really hold much importance, or a reason to return to it over Kanto, Sinnoh or Kalos. Those are my three picks, nothing else is likely to come back for now at least. Keep in mind that these were only in FRLG. That was roughly 10 or so years ago, and they weren't a huge part of the games... The celebration is 20 years, not 10. It's more about the roots of the games than anything else.

Yeah, there's connections to the number 7 but that's all. Nothing substantial enough to make it warrant a return. I'd love Unova or Johto to return more but that's just me :')

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Here's an interesting question... since Ohmori is appearing on Pokenchi next week with Masuda, I wonder if that means he's acting as a Director for S/M's developement? IIRC, wasn't he in charge of the plot ORAS?

Morimoto's appearance also makes me wonder if there's any noteworthy changes to the battle mechanics in these games.

Years
  • Here's an interesting question... since Ohmori is appearing on Pokenchi next week with Masuda, I wonder if that means he's acting as a Director for S/M's developement? IIRC, wasn't he in charge of the plot ORAS?

Morimoto's appearance also makes me wonder if there's any noteworthy changes to the battle mechanics in these games.

I do remember Ohmori worked on OR/AS, so maybe this means he might be the Development Director for S/M as well. But as for battle mechanic changes, I feel like I am done with new formats so maybe we'll see more changes for moves and abilities.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I know many people would like to see another female professor...

but what I'd like even more than that is a female villain team leader. I think that would be really cool to see.

I'd like to see a male champion this time, since the most recent male champion we've had is Alder and he was bit...eh.

Years
  • Perhaps this isn't the most original idea ever, but it would be a cool to add trainer abilities to the game like the ones pokémon have. It would add another element to battling. Some potential abilities could be like add 10% base power on all offensive moves, be able to use two megas in a battle at once or maybe give a bonus for restricting themselves through things like monotype teams e.g. if you use six fire types then fire type moves are boosted by 30%+ or something.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • It would be interesting to see the "Third Legendary" (i.e. Rayquaza, Girantina, Kyurem etc.) be some sort of opposite of Zygrade, thus furthering a possible Kalos tie in (Even though there's already loads of speculation it most likely will be). The "Third Legendary" can be a Poison type, and possibly be some sort of "Environment Pollution" legendary.

Back