• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
  • Here's an interesting question... since Ohmori is appearing on Pokenchi next week with Masuda, I wonder if that means he's acting as a Director for S/M's developement? IIRC, wasn't he in charge of the plot ORAS?

Morimoto's appearance also makes me wonder if there's any noteworthy changes to the battle mechanics in these games.

I do remember Ohmori worked on OR/AS, so maybe this means he might be the Development Director for S/M as well. But as for battle mechanic changes, I feel like I am done with new formats so maybe we'll see more changes for moves and abilities.

Just out of curiosity, did anything interesting ever come out of that Pokenchi episode?

Not really. Masuda did say jokingly that it'll have 10+new Pokémon.

Well, that's annoying…*grumble grumble grumble.*

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Just out of curiosity, did anything interesting ever come out of that Pokenchi episode?

Not really. Masuda did say jokingly that it'll have 10+new Pokémon.

Well, that's annoying…*grumble grumble grumble.*

Yeah, it's how we all felt. Hopefully we'll get something next issue. Some have suggested Silhouettes of the mascots for the next corocoro...

I suppose we'll just have to look forward to seeing those, then.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    you know, you could have just turned it off.
    turning it off puts the exp increase rate at almost exactly the same as with the 5th gen games. rather then claiming its unbalanced, stop playing on easy mode.

I didn't realize you could do that until way after I beat the elite four. Honestly maybe when they said you could do that I clicked past it or something.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    you know, you could have just turned it off.
    turning it off puts the exp increase rate at almost exactly the same as with the 5th gen games. rather then claiming its unbalanced, stop playing on easy mode.

That doesn't solve the problem, because

1. I have no way of knowing it's supposed to be an easy mode because it's not labelled as an easy mode, and I have no idea if the game is going to be balanced around it if I haven't actually played the game
    2. There's no other way of giving EXP to your Pokemon without having to switch them in and out manually, nor is there any way to pick and choose which pokemon get more exp instead of slowly overleveling your entire party

It absolutely isn't the same as gen 5 if you turn it off. All you get is two crappy extremes instead of a nice middle ground.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I hope they chagne the Exp. Share.

I love the Exp. Share. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm a lunatic so I like getting my Pokemon to level 100 even though you really don't have to nowadays and with the way it is. But with the Exp. Share you can get them to 100 fairly quickly.

But I hope they change it. Give us an EXP. SHARE that only shares it to one pokemon. Then after we beat the elite four/get the national pokedex give us an EXP. ALL. That would be perfect. My Pokemon were like ten levels higher than anyone else's in the game. Like all six of my party members.

No it needs to stay as it is. I don't like leveling pokemon one at a time. It makes things easier. There is no need to make others pay for something you think is unbalanced when it is a single player game and has no effect on meta game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I kinda disagree and agree with the original poster. If they have lots of post game content why not reward players, making it easier on them? Right now it makes the games too easy if they keep it as it is. The game is quicker if it's easier yeah but it also raises the entry barrier on previous games because of being used to it being 'easy' instead of putting it more on par with previous games.

So personally I'd prefer if a few things were harder, if only to make it easier to return to the past games.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    No it needs to stay as it is. I don't like leveling pokemon one at a time. It makes things easier. There is no need to make others pay for something you think is unbalanced when it is a single player game and has no effect on meta game.

Don't you think it makes the game lightyears easier? I didn't have a single challenge throughout the entire play through. I remember certain gym leaders being difficult in Ruby and Sapphire but in ORAS I just demolished them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As Meloetta said, we mainly need to hope the male protagonist needs to look distinctly different from the last few ones we had a.k.a. Hilbert, Nate and Calem. At least it seems like Game Freak actually put more effort into designing the females, with all the different designs we've had for them so far.

Well Gold/Ethan, Brendan, and Lucas were Red expies. Hilbert was a slightly different take on them. The male characters have never truly been very different from the others.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well Gold/Ethan, Brendan, and Lucas were Red expies. Hilbert was a slightly different take on them. The male characters have never truly been very different from the others.
    except wes, he stood out.
    theres also that rumor that he was supposed to go all evil overlord in xd but it got scrapped due to being to dark for a kids game... can't seem to find where that rumor started or if it was true or not

speaking of xd, i always wondered if lovrina was related to mira...

they might be cousins... this might even tie into the Poke-Illuminati that might be tied to all the evil teams...

pkmin3033

In a series as long-running as Pokemon, there are bound to be a few expies cropping up here and there; recycling designs is not a sin...every once in a while. Every game with every male protagonist - I don't count spinoffs here - is definitely tiresome.

It'd be interesting if they tied all the evil teams together in Sun & Moon, but I can't see that realistically happening...after all, presumably every other evil team that would follow on from that would be derived from it in some fashion, and thus nowhere near as threatening or important? A coalition of previous evil team leaders would be great, but then it'd seriously downplay everything that would follow on from it, in my opinion. It'd be like Arceus which, much as I love, think was a mistake to include. It kinda puts a damper on Legendaries that follow it in terms of how powerful and important in the grand scheme of things they are when one that comes before is essentially the God and Creator of the Pokemon Universe.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Don't you think it makes the game lightyears easier? I didn't have a single challenge throughout the entire play through. I remember certain gym leaders being difficult in Ruby and Sapphire but in ORAS I just demolished them.

No. The game's are probably getting a little more easy, yeah. But I had a balanced team and didn't over level anything in XY or ORAS. I kept changing my pokemon in and out. I don't just use 6 pokemon like most. This kept my team balanced through the game.

What is making the games easier is the fact we know what we are doing versus what we used to know. We are 20+ year olds playing games aimed at 5 to 10 year olds.

Saving time on leveling pokemon is a good thing. I never bother raising pokemon to level 100 until XY because it was such a massive waste of time.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No. The game's are probably getting a little more easy, yeah. But I had a balanced team and didn't over level anything in XY or ORAS. I kept changing my pokemon in and out. I don't just use 6 pokemon like most. This kept my team balanced through the game.

What is making the games easier is the fact we know what we are doing versus what we used to know. We are 20+ year olds playing games aimed at 5 to 10 year olds.

Saving time on leveling pokemon is a good thing. I never bother raising pokemon to level 100 until XY because it was such a massive waste of time.
    at this point, its not aimed at just one age group anymore.
    hell, sun & moon's initial trailer should be proof enough of that
    not to mention the robocop reference in b2w2...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    All I want is a game that's actually optimized.

XY and ORAS are technically inefficient. Sub-30 fps on top of all the frame drops that occasionally happen, and about the only thing I can compliment are the Pokemon models. I hope Sun and Moon use the N3DS's capabilities to ensure a stable 30fps at the very least.

It's Pokemon, so I'm hyped regardless. But standards should be higher.

Years
  • New Features: What do YOU want

HI everybody. I'm making this thread so everyone can talk about the things they want to be in the new games. There are a few guidelines that should be followed so the discussion is as fun for everyone as it should be.
    1. Please don't state the new things that will obviously be included in the games. This includes new Pokemon, new Mega Evolutions, etc. We all know these things will be included, so don't state them. Please.
    2. Follow all the PC rules. This should be obvious.
    3. Have fun!

Years
  • My hopes for Sun and Moon are simple.

- Higher difficulty. XY and ORAS were too easy, even with the Exp. Share turned off. If they still want to make it easier for those kids "who give up easily when challenged", why not add difficulty settings? BW2 had them, even if unlocking them after the game was rather silly.

- A good story. XY's story was kinda disappointing. I barely remember the characters and Team Flare felt more like a parody of Team Rocket in Gen 1. I was so disappointed about this, especially when Gen 6 gave us Team Plasma and other fleshed out characters.

- Post-game content. Yet another disappointment from Generation 6 is the lack of stuff to do after beating the Elite Four and Champion. I am still bitter about no Battle Frontier in ORAS. :( Please Sun and Moon, have great stuff for us to do after the game!

- Keep character customization! I worry that they will remove this as it was a "Kalos thing". I loved dressing up my character and it was a feature I wanted for a very long time. It was great too for fans who have darker skin tones.

- Gym Leader rematches. I don't get why XY and ORAS didn't even have gym rematches, especially in ORAS case as you'd think they would show the Hoenn gym leaders using some Kalos Pokemon.

- And finally... a Dark-type gym. It's been 5/6 generations since the Dark type was introduced and still no bloody gym? Steel and Fairy types got a gym in their debuting generations!

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    no body ever suspects the butterfly!

HI everybody. I'm making this thread so everyone can talk about the things they want to be in the new games. There are a few guidelines that should be followed so the discussion is as fun for everyone as it should be.
    1. Please don't state the new things that will obviously be included in the games. This includes new Pokemon, new Mega Evolutions, etc. We all know these things will be included, so don't state them. Please.
    2. Follow all the PC rules. This should be obvious.
    3. Have fun!

1. there's absolutely no proof that there will be any new mega evolutions restricting the descusion of new pokemon & potential mega evolution literately go's against the very topic of this thread, "speculation"
    2. you do not have the authority to make these rules nor should these be instated.
    3. your guide lines prevent the fun parts of this thread and would make it as it should not be
    also this is my 666 post

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    1. there's absolutely no proof that there will be any new mega evolutions restricting the descusion of new pokemon & potential mega evolution literately go's against the very topic of this thread, "speculation"
    2. you do not have the authority to make these rules nor should these be instated.
    3. your guide lines prevent the fun parts of this thread and would make it as it should not be
    also this is my 666 post

I officially need this as a Mega-evolution.
    Bonus points if it can have a time related ability to tie into the Butterfly Effect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    --Pokemon World Tournament

-- Pokemon world Contest

-- Battle Frontier

--Multiversal Pokemon

--Angel Pokemon

--New form of Charizard that outmatch all version and evolution of Greymon

--Ridable pokemon.

Back