• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • As I expected, Ash looks horrible in the SM saga 'cause of the animation change imo. I would've been happy about Team Skull appearing weeks ago, but now that Pokemon is becoming a copy of Yo-kai Watch to appeal to little kids more, I expect disappointment. :/

I am actually understanding your point here, because I have watched some episodes of Yo-Kai Watch and I noticed the series has a mainly happy, kid appealing art style. Considering Yo-Kai Watch has been Pokemon's notable threat popularity-wise in recent years, it kinda was expected Pokemon would eventually take ideas from Yo-Kai Watch.

Sun & Moon is a series that I think will resonate with kids, but not long-time Pokemon fans. The drastic change to the anime format of Ash's quest is definitely making veterans salty but we'll see if that stays after the series starts.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • I personally like the new animation. It actually reminds me of the D/P/Pt saga of Poke-Anime.
    On top of that, I have this strange feeling that Ash might have Lillie as a traveling friend in the region for two reasons.

> She is a main character of the games and has a clear role in the anime.
    > All of Sun and Moon's live action trailers actually feature Lillie, so its clear that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company want her to be known as a main line character.

So it just comes naturally to think of that happening.

Reactions: Z25

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I personally like the new animation. It actually reminds me of the D/P/Pt saga of Poke-Anime.
    On top of that, I have this strange feeling that Ash might have Lillie as a traveling friend in the region for two reasons.

> She is a main character of the games and has a clear role in the anime.
    > All of Sun and Moon's live action trailers actually feature Lillie, so its clear that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company want her to be known as a main line character.

So it just comes naturally to think of that happening.

I personally believe all of them will be traveling together as a team to compete against other schools, to win the Trials.

Maybe it will go along with how the Live Action trailers are working. The trailers show a group of friends anywhere between 4 to 6 people, this could be what they do in the anime. I think someone may have mentioned this earlier.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I personally believe all of them will be traveling together as a team to compete against other schools, to win the Trials.

Maybe it will go along with how the Live Action trailers are working. The trailers show a group of friends anywhere between 4 to 6 people, this could be what they do in the anime. I think someone may have mentioned this earlier.

That is an idea I think I agree with. Ash's Alola journey is looking very possibly tied to the live action Sun & Moon game trailers which have the Japanese boy that moved to Hawaii. So, taking that into account I could see Ash having a huge traveling group and competing against other factions to win the Island Trials.

I'm not sure if this will be the case for Island Trials in the games as well, but we'll find out when the games are released.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That is an idea I think I agree with. Ash's Alola journey is looking very possibly tied to the live action Sun & Moon game trailers which have the Japanese boy that moved to Hawaii. So, taking that into account I could see Ash having a huge traveling group and competing against other factions to win the Island Trials.

I'm not sure if this will be the case for Island Trials in the games as well, but we'll find out when the games are released.

If you look at what we have seen with the games, most of the time Lillie and Hau seem to be working with the main character. Especially on the one scene with the boat. But they that might have just been that scene as most of the time, it looks like the trials, you are alone.

But who knows. I actually think Hau is racing you to beat the trials, but can't remember.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I now want Hau as Ash's partner if that's the case. Give him some regular competition as opposed to 'Oh, you got that many badges? Better catch up then'.

Something along the lines of Ash and Hau contantly keeping track of each other's progress which in turn, makes them better trainers as they constantly try and out do each other.

I'm not sure how Lillie would fit in if she's meant to be a companion. According to the ever knowledgeable bulbapedia, she doesn't like Pokemon battles but likes to read. So not sure where she slots into the anime. I think I would probably have to play the game to find out more.

Gah, I just want Gen 7 to come now :/

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well think of it this way, if it is the trials they do, it isn't always going to be about Pokemon Battling. We have seen some of the trials in the game trailers, and some of them are knowledge based or finding something. So Lillie could easily fit in.

Each person could contribute or be strong in certain things like most groups in shows. That could balance out the ability to work together in the trials.

Also I have noticed a massive difference in some trailers. It may just be me. But this trailer has been the best flow. It doesn't lag as much as many of the ones I have seen and the art looks more acceptable. So I am not sure why it looks so different to me in this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHHiyrdZgbo

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Yeah, that trailer looks pretty good. It'll probably have a smoother flow to it come the actual release date, they probably just needed to animate a trailer to hype (or dishearten given the reaction) the SM anime.

It still looks a little choppy, but at least I'm can see some movement instead of having to visually fill in the gaps.

I'm interested in seeing where it goes if I'm honest.

Years
  • I'm actually very hyped. The art style's more unique now and a little reminiscent of cartoons I liked to watch. The reason I don't actively keep up with the series anymore is because it became repetitive but I really do like what they did here even if Ash does look like he's 7 now. Haha. It's cute!

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Yea Ash did look like 7... After 20 years Ash grew even younger XD Part of me convincing myself that Sun/Moon Ash is from a parallel universe and not from XY saga (well, in the newest XY episode Ash is too matured for this school theme...)

Or maybe, I'll just pretend Sun/Moon Ash is the son of Ash and Serena, and his name is Ash junior or something... That took a lot of pretend in me XD

But anyways, the reason I watch anime isn't for Ash anyways, my focus is on the Pokemon and side characters so I still will watch the series. Although in XY saga Ash did caught my attention

Years
  • Part of me convincing myself that Sun/Moon Ash is from a parallel universe and not from XY saga (well, in the newest XY episode Ash is too matured for this school theme...)

I swear, some fans believed something similar in BW. I can't blame people for thinking this now however since Ash looks so different and has the most basic goal now.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • As long as Ash and co. are constantly catching Pokemon and training them then I'm content. I've not watched XY and I just can't get myself to watch it since from what I've seen there's little catching and evolving for any of the characters.

Hopefully S&M fixes this issue

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • As long as Ash and co. are constantly catching Pokemon and training them then I'm content. I've not watched XY and I just can't get myself to watch it since from what I've seen there's little catching and evolving for any of the characters.

Hopefully S&M fixes this issue

It's pretty much just Ash who gets a full team of six (no more than that, so just five captures for Ash) and even then, he focuses on one Pokemon mainly for obvious reasons you'll see. Everyone else either gets an evolution or new Pokemon once every 50 episodes or so.

It's got good animation and soundtrack - and Ash looks competent enough. But looking back, it's been pretty formulaic and has had a ton of fan service IMO. I can't enjoy it as much as I used to. The arc that just finished was pretty lack luster to me despite looking good, but then the story in the game wasn't great and therefore the anime suffered - which meant that plot devices were required to get the story to 'make sense' (but haven't seen the subbed version, so I'll retract this point if I can understand the story once I understand what was said) - and it looks like some plot details are probably going to get dropped (but hopefully they'll resolve them within the 5 episodes left or so).

Catching/showing off a lot of Pokemon is one thing BW did right. I wouldn't recommend it, but BW does have a few positives scattered among the negatives.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The trailer was interesting. It looks Ash will have some kind of physical connection with Pikachu when it showed the electricity flowing from one to the other before Pikachu attacked.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Looks like they will explain why Ash and Greninja can no longer evolve like they did in the next 2 episodes. I have waited for this to happen for a while now. Since the start of XYZ I kinda figured something like this may happen.

Episode 941: One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!
    Episode 942: Farewell, Ash-Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!

Xerosic looks like he is going to some how sever the bond in which Ash and Greninja use.

This also may strongly support that leak that is hard to say if it is real or not. This will give a very good reason to why Ash may be distraught when he is first going into SM. May Professor Oak sends him there say that there may be away to regain that power.

The trailer was interesting. It looks Ash will have some kind of physical connection with Pikachu when it showed the electricity flowing from one to the other before Pikachu attacked.

Pretty sure that is Z-Moves so yeah most likely.

Also here is a new page from a magazine that revealed the new episodes. As you can see, Ash's art looks a hell of a lot better. At least to me.

This one is better that mine. Took it from other thread.
    1474101625004.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm loving that anime art of Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana and Lillie there. Still doesn't help get over my salty feelings of SM's female protagonist getting the Hilda treatment though.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Looks like they will explain why Ash and Greninja can no longer evolve like they did in the next 2 episodes. I have waited for this to happen for a while now. Since the start of XYZ I kinda figured something like this may happen.

Episode 941: One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!
    Episode 942: Farewell, Ash-Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!

Xerosic looks like he is going to some how sever the bond in which Ash and Greninja use.

This also may strongly support that leak that is hard to say if it is real or not. This will give a very good reason to why Ash may be distraught when he is first going into SM. May Professor Oak sends him there say that there may be away to regain that power.

Pretty sure that is Z-Moves so yeah most likely.

Also here is a new page from a magazine that revealed the new episodes. As you can see, Ash's art looks a hell of a lot better. At least to me.

This one is better that mine. Took it from other thread.
    1474101625004.jpg
    Yeah the trailer seems to be poorly made. The look of ash is better here. And his mother and Mr. Mime are here. I wonder are they moving to Alola, or visiting for awhile? Both are very interesting, as they have not been done before.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Episode 942: Farewell, Ash-Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!

So it's essentially "Better Nerf Greninja: the Episode," with Xerosic being the twisted personification of Masashiro Sakurai. And I thought Ash being distraught may have something to do with Serena since he tells Lillie about her according to the leak.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    So it's essentially "Better Nerf Greninja: the Episode," with Xerosic being the twisted personification of Masashiro Sakurai. And I thought Ash being distraught may have something to do with Serena since he tells Lillie about her according to the leak.

Ash talks with Lillie about Serena? Where is that leak ?:o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back