• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I hope James catches more Pokemon and enters in things, why only Jessie? Why can't James be a rival for Ash this time? I love James character :(

I do think it's odd how they removed the Serena fan art due to copy right issues, I want it to mean some thing but....

Years
  • I do think it's odd how they removed the Serena fan art due to copy right issues, I want it to mean some thing but....

I think it's because the artist in question (NoVaNoah) draws in an art style that very heavily resembles the actual anime art style and since the Sun & Moon anime isn't a thing yet I guess it was taken down as a measure to avoid misleading people into thinking Ash will wear the male protagonist's exact outfit (he wears outfits based on the male protagonist but still slightly different) or that Serena would accompany him to Alola.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I truly hope Ash becomes a sort of big brother type guide character to a new trainer in Alola. Maybe he just wants to learn and get new pokemon or develop ones he has for some bigger picture or new type of battle frontier. We all know Pikachu will get a Z-crystal attack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    So... what will Ash do now that he's gotten Runner Up status instead of Champion status? We know he can't participate in a Pokémon League in Alola because there is no Pokémon League or Gyms thanks in large part to changes in Sun and Moon, which means Kalos was essentially his last chance for a good long while to win a League.

Also, since GamesCom was supposed to release new footage of those games, is there anything of note regarding Sun and Moon?

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Starting to think gyms might be anime exclusives this time around but what's the point why would I wanna follow a character through 100+ episodes to watch him lose at the end again

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Starting to think gyms might be anime exclusives this time around but what's the point why would I wanna follow a character through 100+ episodes to watch him lose at the end again

Don't know about that. I doubt the anime's going to insert something that isn't even in the games for the new saga. Otherwise, they'd have no problem bringing Dawn to Unova and competing in Contests despite Black and White and its sequels lacking contests.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • This will be the 20th Season and 20th Ann of the anime. They have taken note of that, so it should be good.

I still don't think gyms will be in the anime this time around. It will be a nice break. And I mean an extremely nice break. Even with Ash losing Kalos, I still can't wait for Alola with these writers. We won't have to worry about Ash losing the League again if there are no gyms.

Waiting till about mid September before a new thread goes up about catches and releases if someone doesn't beat me to it by then. I still think it is a little early to make one.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    This will be the 20th Season and 20th Ann of the anime. They have taken note of that, so it should be good.

I still don't think gyms will be in the anime this time around. It will be a nice break. And I mean an extremely nice break. Even with Ash losing Kalos, I still can't wait for Alola with these writers. We won't have to worry about Ash losing the League again if there are no gyms.

Waiting till about mid September before a new thread goes up about catches and releases if someone doesn't beat me to it by then. I still think it is a little early to make one.

Maybe, but at the same time, I get irritated when Ash doesn't even follow through with his goal at all. Besides, did they really have to have Ash lose against Alain to force him to continue the show? All they needed to do was have Ash lose against an Elite 4 member. That way, he could technically win the league, yet at the same time still require some degree of improvements before he can truly achieve the title of master.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Bewear is too powerful for James .
    It like giving him a Dragonite , Tyranitor , Tyrantrum or Snorlax.
    Bewear hugging gag can be used for Ash since he too get abused by his Pokemon! Plus , Bewear is perfect pokemon considering he's cute yet strong.
    Those the type of pokemon Ash need , Pokemon with cute appearance but extremely strong.
    Example : Goodra and Snorlax.

No it's not. There has been no indication of Bewear's power other than a description; and the game descriptions always overhype the Pokemon. The gag would also make sense and I wouldn't be surprised if they went through with it.

This "cute yet strong" theme you seem to want so badly needs to stop lol, Ash's team has NEVER been based on that. When his team was "cute yet strong" I.e the original series, was because they were showing evolution doesn't necessarily mean power and that he can have a bunch of "weaker" (not cute) Pokemon that can still fight.

Basically there is absolutely no way to guess Ash's anime team because they don't run on patterns which all of you seem to cling to. Never would I have thought that Ash would have 3/6 flying types in Kalos as well as 2/6 dragon, no grass types (they like their GWF cores). They do switch things up and it makes predicting his team impossible and rather pointless. I mean, discussion is fine but getting annoyed when your pattern doesn't come to is annoying for everyone else.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Mallow join Ash then I want him to become a straight-man who often gets angry by Mallow's bizarre personality and Rotom-Dex's mischievousness .
    In fact , I would love Ash calling Mallow an idiot .
    Basically , I want him to be A Straight-Man like Keita (Youkai Watch).

I would also like Funny Parody like Ash turning into A Super Sayan after being Motivated or angry.
    Or Ash and Rival mimicking the expression from Jojo's bizarre Adventure when confronting one another.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • If Mallow join Ash then I want him to become a straight-man who often gets angry by Mallow's bizarre personality and Rotom-Dex's mischievousness .
    In fact , I would love Ash calling Mallow an idiot .
    Basically , I want him to be A Straight-Man like Keita (Youkai Watch).

I would also like Funny Parody like Ash turning into A Super Sayan after being Motivated or angry.
    Or Ash and Rival mimicking the expression from Jojo's bizarre Adventure when confronting one another.

That sounds really out of character for Ash. All I can see as a running gag that only Ash could stand Mallow's terrible cooking, reading her bio from the game website, and watch as shippers use this as a sign that Ash will be falling for Mallow because of her cooking.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would hate if Ash acted like you described. That is the main reason I hated Ash in Kanto and Johto. And it got a bit better as it went on. Not even Unova made him have a terrible personallity like he did in Kanto and Johto.

And i really hate how you want ideas from other animes to come into play. I don't know if you are trying to make pokemon like other animes so there is no difference or what. But it is a terrible idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I would hate if Ash acted like you described. That is the main reason I hated Ash in Kanto and Johto. And it got a bit better as it went on. Not even Unova made him have a terrible personallity like he did in Kanto and Johto.

And i really hate how you want ideas from other animes to come into play. I don't know if you are trying to make pokemon like other animes so there is no difference or what. But it is a terrible idea.

Regarding Unova and the original series and Ash, at least Original Series Ash didn't mistake a human for a Pokémon that doesn't even LOOK like said Pokémon in any way, while he did in fact do exactly that regarding Iris and Axew (who don't even look alike at all). The closest OS Ash ever got to mistaking a human for a Pokémon was when he, Misty and Brock were arrested for poaching after he mistook Jenny for a Chansey in The Kangaskhan Kid, and let's be fair, she was mostly obscured by bushes, and the only thing he could see was Jenny's Chansey hat, so it's understandable that he would mistake her for a Chansey.

And... I don't know, DP DID have him arguing with Dawn whenever she made a mistake, and I know in AG, Ash had a pretty dark expression when seeing Max fried by May's Torchic about the first time it happened. I'd argue the bit with Max was even WORSE than in the Original Series. While he has been a conceited jerk in the Original Series, a bit of a brat, and all of that, I don't think it ever got as far as to almost be sadistic in watching a kid being burned, even in response to a smart-alecky response from the latter. Probably the closest it EVER came to that was with that ill-timed (and somewhat mean-spirited) prank where after Brock got electrocuted due to mistaking Pikachu's tail for Ash's hand when he managed to spook Misty and Brock by wearing a skull mask (which earned him a very well-deserved electrocution at the hands of Pikachu as a result).

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    I like how Ash is now and Ash becoming like his original series persona shouldn't happen not because I don't want it but because there is something called character development.

Making Ash noob again in BW was an error and because of that Idea some people thiught that BW takes place after Kanto or Johto but before Hoenn.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Making Ash noob again in BW was an error and because of that Idea some people thiught that BW takes place after Kanto or Johto but before Hoenn.

That's impossible as all of Ash's Pokemon from Kanto to Sinnoh were seen in Oak's Lab. A good guess, though.

I don't think Ash is gonna pull a total noob reset in Sun/Moon, but I do want to see Ash have trouble with the Island Challenges at first, so he can learn them, a complete reset would definitely be no fun. I also don't want the anime to pull a "Pikachu gets sick with an electric overcharge" stunt again, either, like they did in Hoenn and Unova. Kalos didn't do that, at least.

Now, I do wonder who the male companion is gonna be. Maybe this time, Ash will take a new boy under his wing instead...? Probably not, but.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    That's impossible as all of Ash's Pokemon from Kanto to Sinnoh were seen in Oak's Lab. A good guess, though.

I don't think Ash is gonna pull a total noob reset in Sun/Moon, but I do want to see Ash have trouble with the Island Challenges at first, so he can learn them, a complete reset would definitely be no fun. I also don't want the anime to pull a "Pikachu gets sick with an electric overcharge" stunt again, either, like they did in Hoenn and Unova. Kalos didn't do that, at least.

Now, I do wonder who the male companion is gonna be. Maybe this time, Ash will take a new boy under his wing instead...? Probably not, but.

Actually, having Ash take a boy under his wing would definitely be something new, and besides, if they do that, they could easily leave room for Misty especially if the hints are accurate regarding her return.

Either way, though, if there's no league in sight, there's definitely no way Ash is going to make much verifiable improvements.

Years
  • I don't think Ash is gonna pull a total noob reset in Sun/Moon, but I do want to see Ash have trouble with the Island Challenges at first, so he can learn them, a complete reset would definitely be no fun. I also don't want the anime to pull a "Pikachu gets sick with an electric overcharge" stunt again, either, like they did in Hoenn and Unova. Kalos didn't do that, at least.

Your idea is one I agree with since the reset Ash went through in Unova resulted in bad reception from fans, so I'm sure the writers don't want to make that mistake again. Ash not knowing what an Island Challenge is at first would be very plausible since he's expecting Alola to have Gyms not knowing how different the region is from everywhere else he's been.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I like how Ash is now and Ash becoming like his original series persona shouldn't happen not because I don't want it but because there is something called character development.

Making Ash noob again in BW was an error and because of that Idea some people thiught that BW takes place after Kanto or Johto but before Hoenn.

I think so too

ArcJamie

ArcJamie
    Years
  • It's all just a wonder what will happen next. I personally don't think there will be a noob reset so it'll be interesting to see how Pikachu with fare in Sun& Moon. The only excuse I'll give is that Ash doesn't really know about Alola forms and what not, but Pikachu is still OP and should stay OP, it's just stupid what they did before.

I agree it'll be interesting to see how he goes against the challenges, I like how they approached it differently this time though.

Back