• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
Yeah, but to keep with the times (unless they wanna copy the ability exactly), they'll have to rename it or give it a different effect, something like "Makes weather sunny/rainy for X amount of turns" when it comes into the field. That'd help solve it without overkilling all 4 weathers, although sun/rain needs it.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Yeah, just report it if he starts trouble again, but DO NOT RESPOND TO HIM.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Can do, no problem at all.

I was thinking, they sorta effed up this time 'round, huh? It would be nice to have, I don't know, a Fire/Grass type? Hohoho, 'm spouting nonsense.

But they made fun in the sand all too powerful. Three types of pokes can benifit from it, and they gave Rock types an uneeded boost.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, back to the Duggy thing I've been asking about for quite a while, I personally think he should go to BL, since _Prince_ and me are pretty much the only people I know that have one, and I go to Marriland and Smogon as well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Well, back to the Duggy thing I've been asking about for quite a while, I personally think he should go to BL, since _Prince_ and me are pretty much the only people I know that have one, and I go to Marriland and Smogon as well.

I use Duggy, sometime i love it, but sometimes i hate it =/. Its set is just pretty much EQ/filler/Filler/Filler XP

Im not sure it does one thing and one thing well : - Revenge Kill. I too havent seen many, but on shoddy

36. Dugtrio (12461748 points)

36 on weighted usage

38. Dugtrio (9606 usages)

On unweighted usage, 38 is quite high.

Its actually used more that Gallade, Wobuffet, Deoxys -E, Dragonite, Roserade.

So i dunno =/

ABYAY

Years
Duggy is the bliss killer if it doesn't have Ice Beam to its name, so it gets major points off that. It also makes Deoxys-A cry when it revenge kills with Sucker Punch, one of the only pokemon that can revenge it for good.

I think it's way too frail though. That's about enough to give it BL ranking, but again, it's a major staple in ridding of a severly powerful pokemon if certain conditions are met.

Ooka

Years
Duggy is the bliss killer if it doesn't have Ice Beam to its name, so it gets major points off that. It also makes Deoxys-A cry when it revenge kills with Sucker Punch, one of the only pokemon that can revenge it for good.

I think it's way too frail though. That's about enough to give it BL ranking, but again, it's a major staple in ridding of a severly powerful pokemon if certain conditions are met.

BL means that it's strong enough for OU, but isn't used enough to be OU.

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2008
To bad that I may not post here anymore. :-(

Though its kinda what In deserve, for not agreeing. (And for my horribel English grammar.)

ABYAY

Years
Oh yeah...forgot about that. Well, that nulls my next argument about Regirock and why it isn't in OU. "Because it's not used enough, but is strong enough."

Anti

return of the king
Years
UU -> BL is bases on strength
BL -> OU is based on usage
OU -> Uber is strength again.

In other words, BL is useless.

Duggy is 38th in usage on Shoddy, which is good enough to be OU in my books.

Also, Wobby is OU is ridiculous. Shoddy's test is totally false. Wobbuffet is uber, period. I support the other two changes (Garchomp and D-E), but the Wobby one is ridiculous. I votw that it is banned back to ubers, seriously ._.

Ooka

Years
UU -> BL is bases on strength
BL -> OU is based on usage
OU -> Uber is strength again.

In other words, BL is useless.

Duggy is 38th in usage on Shoddy, which is good enough to be OU in my books.

Also, Wobby is OU is ridiculous. Shoddy's test is totally false. Wobbuffet is uber, period. I support the other two changes (Garchomp and D-E), but the Wobby one is ridiculous. I votw that it is banned back to ubers, seriously ._.

I agree. I mean, could you imagine that thing used in conjunction with Perish Song? Use perish Song with Jynx, then switch to that....

_Prince_

Pikachu?
Years
I never supported Wobbuffet moving out of ubers. Shoddy made an incorrect move there imo. As for Duggy, it's OU I'd say. I only use it occasionally, it's not the sort of pokemon I would expect much of actually apart from taking down blissey, anything else is a bonus. =P

Anti

return of the king
Years
Reading through Wobbuffet's usage analysis, I've noticed several problems.

First of all, they talk about how it didn't change the metagame in the week it was unbanned. First of all, I doubt half the people even knew it was unbanned. Secondly, OU -> Uber isn't based on usage or even over centralization (though the latter is a factor), it's based on power. If Mewtwo came to standards, it would be uber whether or not it over centralized the metagame. and if nobobdy used Mewtwo, it still would not prevent Mewtwo from being an uber pokemon. It's ridiculous really.

Wobbuffet can't be countered and is very difficult to take down in general. When used properly, it can dismantle any kind of team, from a stall team to something BeachBoy would run.

Ooka

Years
I know this is really off topic, but a few minutes ago, I had out some Sunlight in a battle, and my Arcanine OHKOd a Gliscor with Flare Blitz. No crit... Is that normal?

ABYAY

Years
Sunny Day Flare Blitz barely even 2hkos standard sponging Gliscor, and that's not accounting Leftovers (48-54% I think) However, it it was the bizarre SD Sweeping Gliscor, it does like...82-97%. That's not accounting extra HP EVs either.

I'd have to say no unless it was something like Lonely or Hasty with poor defense IVs.

Anti

return of the king
Years
It woukd utterly destroy Beach Boy's team. In every sense of the word, without trying. That's not good.

It would utterly destroy my stall teams even worse or about any other team. I actually played against Wobbuffet and owned it, but that's because the user's switching patterns were predictable and easy to pick up on.

As for Arcanine, I have no clue. It's probably correct though, since Gliscor really don't take neutral hits that well (at least strong ones like CB Meteor Mash)

The REAL Shadow Chaos

The one and only REAL Chaos!
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2008
Wobbuffet should be in ubers. Even if you have a counter against him, you cannot switch it in so pretty often Wobba will kill something anyway....

He was in ubers in Advance to, I know that the ability has changed, but preventing your opponent to switch to his counter pretty much makes it impossible for him to have a real counter because a real counter is supposed to be able to switch in....

Sorry for posting and disagreeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back