• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Trainer Academy

Silent the Lucario

Novice Mapper
Years
  • There isn't enough information about your character. All that we know physically is that she has brown hair, amber eyes, that she is "pretty tall", and a nice smile. That isn't much of a physical description to me. How tall is she, rather than pretty tall, estimate if you have to. How does she style her hair? Really nice smile? That isn't going to get anywhere. Everyone has a nice smile so I suggest you get rid of that trait and add something else. What happened to her clothes? Does she go out naked or something. No the sprite will not cut it. Look at the other SU's you should get a good idea about how much you need in yours.

History is really lacking. You could have gone more in-depth with her sister and actually done some things that would make her somewhat interesting. Again if you don't understand this SU then just look at the ones before you, you should get a general idea.

Personality isn't much either. She's very nice and somewhat shy? Come on I know you can do better than that. Anyone can be shy, nervous, and be nice. In her personality list things that make your character who she is. Like what she likes, what she hates, her habits, quirks, her drives/motivations, and things like that.

Did you not read the rules?

They never do :/ It's very annoying when people don't read the ****ing rules! Just read them! It's not hard at all!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Name: Nathan.

House: Sub-Zero Articuno.

Appearance:

Nathan is approximately 1.56 meters tall, and has an average body size. His hair is short and mousy brown but not many people see this except for his pokemon, because he usually wears hoods. In the heat of battle he'll take them off. His eye colour is always changing and he is somewhat mysterious looking.

His choice of clothing varies a little depending on the way he feels, but most of the time he wears a striped light red-orange short-sleeved hoody with cargo-pants and three leather wristbands on his left arm. He also wears a necklace embodied with a shiny burning stone rumored to be a piece of excess magma from heatran. They are claimed to be very rare.

Personality:Nathan is an incredibly skilled trainer, but still has things to learn about pokemon like everyone else. His high IQ assisted him greatly in the tests and his ability to plan ahead and research his opponents strengths and focus on their weaknesses, has come in handy.

His experience throughout his home region; Johto has made a deep impact on how he sees things around him and his battling technique. He is always eager to test out new moves, combinations and battling strategies but sometimes closes up after loss.

Nathan can sometimes lose his temper and when he does in battle it usual results in him becoming reckless and losing. He gets extremely nervous at certain things and has a dream of becoming an Elite Four member when he gets older. At the academy many people tease him because of his determination to learn, but they don't realize the more they tease him the better and the further it pushes him to defeat them in battle.

History:
    Little is known about Nathan's history and the only person who knows is himself. He's really defensive about his history as a child and the only thinking some people know is that his mother died not long after he found swablu. The reason for her death is unknown but Nathan believes is has something to do with the necklace she left him in her will.

Soon after his mother's death, Nathan's father disappeared. He left a single note containing one small message. "In the heat of battle you shall rise, do me proud, you were a winner in your mother's eyes." Also attached to the note was an invitation that was sent to Nathan from the Academy. Nathan decided to accept the invitation hoping it would lead him in the direction where he could find answers. He's been at the academy for 2 years now and has been researching Heatran and the mysterious stone he was left with to see if there were any leads to what had happened in the past.

Swablu {Female}:Dragon Dance, Perish Song, Mirror move and Dragon Pulse.

Nathan met his swablu in Johto which is quite rare since sablu normally appear in Heonn. Nathan has trained it well and it was his first pokemon he ever befriended. (Caught) He chased it around the wild, until finally one day he met it in Azalea Forest where it decided to acompany him during his johto journey.

Trapich {Male}:
    Sandstorm, Dig, Crunch and Rockslide.

Trapich was given to Nathan from his father who was elated to know that he had caught a pokemon by himself. As a gift he gave Nathan trapich and was recruited to his team. Trapich has been tricky to raise since it's a newer team member than swablu but has been in his party for over 2 years now.

??? {???}:
    ???,???,??? and ???

Nathan's third pokemon is still a mystery since he hasn't caught one since he recieved trapich. He wanted to find a pokemon that represented his strong will rather than his intelligence. With his thrid pokemon he wants to show people that he is more than just brains. Nathan's been eager to catch a steelix ever since he saw Jasmine of the Olivine gym battle an opponent on TV. But there's also been another pokemon that's caught Nathan's eye but he's been keeping it a secret to surprise his peers.

Last edited:

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • Ok from now on I only comment on the SU's cause it'll be spamming the thread if that happens and I'm only going to right the names that have been accepted, Curious Meerfall and Lol have been accepted. For the rest who didn't make it read the rules and edit I said edit your post any new posting will just make you get rejected from the RP.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Ok from now on I only comment on the SU's cause it'll be spamming the thread if that happens and I'm only going to right the names that have been accepted, Curious Meerfall and Lol have been accepted. For the rest who didn't make it read the rules and edit I said edit your post any new posting will just make you get rejected from the RP.

Just a small, simple question: How many people are we in need of in order to begin?

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Wait, so only Curious and Meerfall are in the RP at the moment? What needs to be expanded upon/improved/lengthened/ better worded in my SU?

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I would like to know what is needed to be done with mine too dajman1996.

lolkipz

PokéNerd♀
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Wait, so only Curious and Meerfall are in the RP at the moment? What needs to be expanded upon/improved/lengthened/ better worded in my SU?

I think that I'm too... because dajman said something about "Lol" being accepted, and I'm the only person here with "Lol" in their name.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Name: Rukimaru Hikari

House: Lightning Zapdos

Apperance: He has a t-shirt that shows a Feraligator using Superpower most of the time also wearing black skinny jeans and a mysterious orb around his neck. He has Silver eyes and grey hair which if you look closely switch when the orb around his neck glows.

Personality: He is mostly laid back but's when it com'es to battleing he goes all out not showing one shred of mercy making most battles go his way unless that person isn't scared of him since he act's like he is possessed. He is always training with his pokemon away from the houses and you will often a hear an explosion when he is training signifing that his pokemon are using their strongest attack. No one's seen him at his strongest but, if he ever does need to do his best. You better not be around unless your the person he facing in a pokemon battle unless you want to get bblown away.

History: Rukimaru lived in a Mansion by himself since he only fought the best of the best and ususally had Ra-chan use Thief on his opponets steal their Pokemon's hold items which usually cost a lot of money. He won by cheating and one day someone fought him and beat him. They showed him the error in his ways and they showed him the pokemon acacdemy. He faced Blaine in a battle His Pidgeottto vs Blaine's Arcainine. He beat Blaine but he got a C+on the written test so he got put in the Lightning Zapdos house. To this very moment he is still angry but glad that he didn't get put in the drop out house.

Pokemon 1: Ra-chan (Rattata)
    Move-set: Hyper Fang, Thief, Quick attack, and Thunder

Pokemon 2: Crawnaugh
    Move-Set: Super Power, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Slash

Pokemon 3: Pidgeotto
    Move-Set: Fly, Aeroblast, Arial Ace, Wing Attack
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Polished enough :D

The only problems with this are the Pokemon. Crawdaunt is the final evolution of Corpish therefore you're breaking one of the RP rules for this plot/game. And just a slight mistake but Pidgeotto cannot learn Aeroblast.

Name: Chell Fitzsimmons

House: Articuno

Appearance: Lightly tanned Caucasian female with black hair that goes down to just above her shoulders. Her hair also has streaks of blue and red throughout and is about 5ft 8in tall at 160lb. She normally sticks to wearing hoodies and with a dark shirt underneath, also wears white running shoes with jeans.

Personality: Chell is someone who enjoys few things, top among them is reading, which accounted for her high test scores. She also has trouble trusting other people which makes it hard for her to make friends, although despite trust issues she is a fairly kind person. She has extreme trouble paying attention to other people, no matter how how hard she tries to concentrate on others. She is also able to come up with great tactics and such if given the time to think which attributed to her success on the battle portion of the test. Despite being a relatively kind person she is someone who can easily become angered by others and is kind of a [bad word] when shes angry.

History: Born into a family with two parents and one sibling[six years older] she had a happy life while she was young. When she was 7 her father got her the buizel that she nicknamed Sea and has kept Sea with her ever since. When Chell was twelve her sister moved out, and during the same year she caught her poocheyena which she soon after nicknamed Spike. A little over a year later Chell was involved in a car crash that ended her parents lives and left her to be taken care of by her older sister. Chell soon left her sister's in order to become a pokemon trainer, and although she wasn't very good at first she quickly learned common trainer tactics and invented several effective ones of her own. She caught her sandshrew when she was fifteen and nicknamed it Stone. Very soon after catching Stone, Chell joined the Academy.

Pokemon 1: Buizel[nickname: Sea]
    Move-Set: Aqua jet, Quick Attack, Agility, Pursuit

Pokemon 2: Sandshrew[nickname: Stone]
    Move-Set: Rapid spin, Defense Curl, Scratch, Poison Sting

Pokemon 3: Poocheyena[nickname: Spike]
    Move-Set: Bite, Howl, Tackle, Sand-Attack
    I find this to be a perfect SU. I have no clue why it shouldn't be accepted.

Name: Mel Howards (Female)

House: Blazing Moltres

Apperance: Her long black hair, that she keeps to make sure it doesn't pass her hips, is tied into a ponytail. She has brown eyes. A small hoop is attached to her ear and she still wears a bracelet that was given to her by her now dead sister. She stands at at five foot five and she often wears a black dress, a red sweater, and boots or heels.

Personality: Mel isn't a sports person. She would rather tend to Pokemon than run. She doesn't like to cut her hair because she doesn't want to live without it because when she was younger her hair was forced to be shaved off because the doctors needed to do surgery on her head. She doesn't like it when people make fun of others or at her and will snap if someone annoys her enough. Mel is someone who would defend her friends, isn't someone who will talk behind people's backs and would tell a person if she has a problem with them or not, and she is a person who will let you know if she is angry. Mel is also a person who keeps things to herself and won't tell anyone, even her friends, her secrets or if she is in any kind of "jam".

History: She lived with her parents and sister. Her mom worked as a lawyer while her father was an electrical technician in a power plant. Her sister, Amy, was younger than her by three years. When she was eight the family was driving home from a holiday at a relative's house when they got into a car accident which killed everyone in the car except for Mel, who needed surgery. While she was bald and was recovering from the accident she missed having hair, how her parents would soothe her just by running their fingers through it and things like styling it or using it as a curtain. After her time in the hospital she was handed to her uncle and aunt who own a motel in Hoenn.

She aspired to become a coordinator at first, which is the reason for her current battling style, but when her sister had died she decided to become a trainer in the memory of her sister who aspired to be a trainer in the first place.

Mel did not do so great on the written exams and got a flat 41%. She was never great at written tests. The battling portion she managed an 78%.

Pokemon 1: Wartortle (May)
    Move-Set: Water Gun, Aqua Tail, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam

Pokemon 2: Snorunt ( Snow White or just White)
    Move-Set: Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Protect, and Ice Fang

Pokemon 3: Eevee (Johnny)
    Move-Set: Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Double Team, and Quick Attack

*FS (I will probably come back and change this later.)
    Nothing wron here, perfect if I'm conernced.

i'd like to Join

Name: Marina Evangeline Silver

House: Sub-Zero Articuno

Apperance: long silver hair, average height, dark blue eyes, wears a black and pale orange tank top, pale orange pants, pale orange sneakers, pale orange and black beret, pale orange box, carries a black bag

Personality: Loyal, hardworking, protective

History: Young trainer from Twinleaf town Marina was separated from her twin sister Sabrina when she took the entrance exam when her sister didn't. Having scored a high score on the entrance exam she entered the Sub-Zero Articuno house. Marina wants nothing more than to become a world renknowned first class Fire Trainer.

Pokemon 1: Growlithe
    Move-Set: Flame-Wheel, Sunnyday, Ember, Flame-Thrower

Pokemon 2: Vulpix
    Move-Set: Fire-Spin, Ember, Will-o-wisp, roar

Pokemon 3: Charmander
    Move-Set: Dragon-Rage, Ember, Rage, Slash

It's good but it lacks deatil. Try and implement some more detail and you'll be fine.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years

thank you i will keep checking to see when its starts

CAN'T WAIT :3

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • I apologize, but I don't understand what the error is in mine. I would be happy to edit my SU, but unfortunately, I do not know what I am lacking.

treecko0

Carpe Diem
    Years
  • Name: Seth Garrard

House: Lighting Zapdos

Appearance: Usually wears a purple dress shirt with a black undershirt and a black/purple sweater vest. Wears a somewhat baggy jeans with a rubber-band at the end because they're too long and wears black basketball shoes. Often is seen with a black retro jacket or a black hoodie. Has black hair and brown eyes. Has a black wristband and a gold chain. Also he always wears a black sports cap with a pokeball in the center.

Personality: He's very quiet and isn't well known. Usually stays at the back of any place until he is called upon. People sometimes think he's Emo/Gothic yet he isn't. Makes very few friends. However he is really good at sports. He's really into poetry.

History: As a young boy he seen other kids outside his window playing with their pokemon. He always wanted one but his parents never let him get one for various reasons. His dad being a coach wanted him to play sports and though pokemon was a waste of time while his mom believed in her son and wanted wanted whats best for him. At age 10 his dad left to manage a major sports team leaving his family behind. One day walking back home from the store he found a hurt pokemon. He took it back to his mom and natured it. His mom saw how well he was with this pokemon she let him keep it and made his dad understand. Now Seth being 15, he had a great bond with his Gible and decided to leave and head to the Trainer Academy leaving his mother, younger brother, and sister behind.
    There he scored a 83% on the written test, and a 81% on the battling portion.

Pokemon 1: Gible (Draco)
    Move-Set: Dig, Dragon Claw, Slash, Take Down

Pokemon 2: Absol (Doom Desire(Doom for short))
    Move-Set: Quick Attack, Bite, Swords Dance, Razor Wind

Pokemon 3: Mudkip (Skip) <working on
    Move-Set: Tackle, Water Gun, Mud slap, Bide

BlackOUT_Ninjuh

Im A Step Up From Ninja
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Name: Taylor Wing

House:Sub-zero Articuno

Apperance: Taylor has Dark-brown ear length unruly hair. Has a skinny build. He is 5'11". Wears a black sports jacket over a white t-shirt and some worn out blue jeans and some sports shoes. Has a tux for all the school's "special" occasions and wears pajama pants to bed.

Personality: Quiet and shy when it comes to actually meeting and interacting with people, but He is extremely confident in his battling skills and his pokemon which keeps him from making "to" many mistakes in battle, but he is far from perfect.

History: Taylor grew up in Olivine City. Life was tough for him, his parents were rich but were always away on business to the other regions, so he was basically raised by the maid and the groundskeeper. Since he hardly had anything to do he spent his time studying and honing his skills. He didn't make too many friends in his child-hood because of his studying though. Every random day or two his mom or dad would come home, but never at the same time, and try to buy his love with a pokemon of some sort ,but he always released the reluctant pokemon his parents gave him. When he was invited to take a test to get into The Pokemon Academy his was relieved and excited he finally got to leave his empty mansion. He said good-bye to the groundskeeper and the maid and left.

During his battle with Blaine he made a maximum of 2 mistakes and won the battle so Blaine place him in the highest house, Sub-zero Articuno, and this year is Taylor' second year.

Pokemon 1: Grovyle (Blitz)
    Move-Set: Double Team, Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, Bullet Seed
    Blitz was Taylor's first pokemon. Taylor had found Blitz as an injured Treeco in his family's garden. Taylor helped Blitz return to full strength with love and kindness. On the day Taylor was going to release Blitz, Blitz wouldn't leave no matter what Taylor did. So Taylor naturally tried a pokeball and from then Blitz and Taylor have been the closest of friends.

Pokemon 2: Sneasel (Cooler)
    Move-Set: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Quick Attack, Sucker Punch
    Cooler was caught after a long and drug out battle with Taylor and Blitz. Cooler is a pokemon that won't quit battling until his opponent has completely over-powered him and won't quit until then no matter what. So after Cooler was defeated and caught he was glad to be apart of Taylor's growing team.

Pokemon 3: Buizel (Skipp)
    Move-Set: Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Sonic Boom
    Skipp was the final pokemon to be caught by Taylor. After saving Skipp from a group of poachers, Skipp followed them all the way back to Taylor's parent's mansion and bwanted to battle with Taylor. Reluctantly Taylor battled with Skipp and caught him with ease. Skipp 's Jolly nature keeps the group in high spirits no matter what they are going through.

Last edited:

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
    Years
  • Name: Taylor Wing

House:Sub-zero Articuno

Apperance: Taylor has Dark-brown ear length unruly hair. Has a skinny build. He is 5'11". Wears a black sports jacket over a white t-shirt and some worn out blue jeans and some sports shoes. Has a tux for all the school's "special" occasions and wears pajama pants to bed.

Personality: Quiet and shy when it comes to actually meeting and interacting with people, but He is extremely confident in his battling skills and his pokemon which keeps him from making "to" many mistakes in battle, but he is far from perfect.

History: Taylor grew up in Olivine City. Life was tough for him, his parents were rich but were always away on business to the other regions, so he was basically raised by the maid and the groundskeeper. Since he hardly had anything to do he spent his time studying and honing his skills. He didn't make too many friends in his child-hood because of his studying though. Every random day or two his mom or dad would come home, but never at the same time, and try to buy his love with a pokemon of some sort ,but he always released the reluctant pokemon his parents gave him. When he was invited to take a test to get into The Pokemon Academy his was relieved and excited he finally got to leave his empty mansion. He said good-bye to the groundskeeper and the maid and left.

During his battle with Blaine he made a maximum of 2 mistakes and won the battle so Blaine place him in the highest house, Sub-zero Articuno, and this year is Taylor' second year.

Pokemon 1: Grovyle (Blitz)
    Move-Set: Double Team, Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, Bullet Seed
    Blitz was Taylor's first pokemon. Taylor had found Blitz as an injured Treeco in his family's garden. Taylor helped Blitz return to full strength with love and kindness. On the day Taylor was going to release Blitz, Blitz wouldn't leave no matter what Taylor did. So Taylor naturally tried a pokeball and from then Blitz and Taylor have been the closest of friends.

Pokemon 2: Sneasel (Cooler)
    Move-Set: Ice Punch, Night Slash, Quick Attack, Sucker Punch
    Cooler was caught after a long and drug out battle with Taylor and Blitz. Cooler is a pokemon that won't quit battling until his opponent has completely over-powered him and won't quit until then no matter what. So after Cooler was defeated and caught he was glad to be apart of Taylor's growing team.

Pokemon 3: Buizel (Skipp)
    Move-Set: Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Sonic Boom
    Skipp was the final pokemon to be caught by Taylor. After saving Skipp from a group of poachers, Skipp followed them all the way back to Taylor's parent's mansion and bwanted to battle with Taylor. Reluctantly Taylor battled with Skipp and caught him with ease. Skipp 's Jolly nature keeps the group in high spirits no matter what they are going through.

you will need to devole Grovyle because of the rules... try re-reading the rules first then edit it or you won't get into the RP

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    you will need to devole Grovyle because of the rules... try re-reading the rules first then edit it or you won't get into the RP

no, it's fine. Only non fully evolved pokemon are allowed, and Grovyle isn't fully evolved. You should take your own advice, to re-read the rules.

lolkipz

PokéNerd♀
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Crawnaugh is the evovled form of totdile :/ not a final evo

You spell it "Crocanaw". (If you don't believe me, you can Google it. It the first result will be: Crocanaw (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

Back