• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Twilight

Years
  • Howdy! The eye candy is nice, and I like the dual screen battle system. On top of that, the mapping looks nice too. I look forward to updates.

Years
  • Also, that game is/was a hack.
    Thanks for pointing it out anyway, but i've had this as the title for well over two years now, so i'm just gonna stick with it.

small update, selection screen is coming along nicely:

Spoiler:

just got something small to add for the topscreen and it'll be almost done.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    I Like it more then the HG/SS looking 1 :D
    If I was you though i wouldn't use those icons, i would get the walking frames from hg/ss and make them walk facing downwards (Top row of sprites)
    ^ i will add an example to show what i mean

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    The new selection screen looks fantastic. The dimensions and proportions are perfect. My only qualm is the color. It's a bit too bright for my tastes, but that's just me. (Never been a fan of orange; more of a copper / burnt man, myself.)

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Also, that game is/was a hack.
    Thanks for pointing it out anyway, but i've had this as the title for well over two years now, so i'm just gonna stick with it.
    eh, no, it was made from scratch, even the battle engine, everything was from scratch... I had been in the old community when it was still new... Just made in Game Maker

edit: plus, even if it was inactive for a while does not give anyone the right to steal...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well i don't want to seem like a little kid, but i came up with the name after i'd finished one of my exams in 2008, which was may/june, which is before that topic was started.

All that aside, it's not really stealing as i'd never heard of that project before i started, or up until yesterday. I mean, Pokemon Jade is one of the most overused Pokemon Fangame names, but people still use it because it sounds good.

Basically what i'm saying is i'm gonna be sticking with the name as quite a few people know my game by this name now, and to be honest, i quite like it.

@Zingzangs, at the moment i don't need any mappers and/or storywriters, because i have 3 of each :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • eh, no, it was made from scratch, even the battle engine, everything was from scratch... I had been in the old community when it was still new... Just made in Game Maker

edit: plus, even if it was inactive for a while does not give anyone the right to steal...

So you're saying using a name that people choose is stealing?
    Cause really there are alot of games being made and there's bound to be a name used more than once so I don't see a big problem.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    So you're saying using a name that people choose is stealing?
    Cause really there are alot of games being made and there's bound to be a name used more than once so I don't see a big problem.
    I do, it causes of multi million dollar law suits because of even slight name references... I would like it if the fan community respects older trail blazing games... Im pretty sure Pokemon Twilight was the first successful Pokemon fan game made from scratch in Game Maker...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I do, it causes of multi million dollar law suits because of even slight name references... I would like it if the fan community respects older trail blazing games... Im pretty sure Pokemon Twilight was the first successful Pokemon fan game made from scratch in Game Maker...

1. For completely different reasons, though.

2. How can people respect it when many haven't ever heard of it?

3. So?

You can answer those however you feel, but I'm going to stop here, because I rather let your thread about this dispute become cluttered with this rather than this thread.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • First of all none of these names belong to anyone, the pokemon name is © 1998 -2010 nintendo corp. Twilight is a game on game maker and it isn't complete yea it was an ambitious project but it isn't complete neither is this game. So if CNG finishes this game then he should be allowed to keep the name. Now forget about the name thing and focus on the game's features before this topic gets outta hand.

Years
  • First of all none of these names belong to anyone, the pokemon name is © 1998 -2010 nintendo corp. Twilight is a game on game maker and it isn't complete yea it was an ambitious project but it isn't complete neither is this game. So if CNG finishes this game then he should be allowed to keep the name. Now forget about the name thing and focus on the game's features before this topic gets outta hand.

I agree with KingCharizard :rambo:

Back