• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y ........ Last gen?

Do you think X and Y will be the last Official Pokemon Games?

• Yes, sadly.....But by the name of Arceus, POKEMONS MEMORY SHALL NEVAH FADE!!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • NEVAH!! The will of Arceus and his disciples shall never waver, there shall be more! ^.^

Votes: 121 98.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    I can't see it being the last, it is one of the biggest handheld video games series.

Years
    Haha ONE person voted that it's going to be the last game!
    I for one would like to see a gritty pokemon game directed at the people who played the original games kinda like how pokemon origins was. That was amazing!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I don't think this will be the last games. They're still very successful and a really popular franchise. I just feel like Gamefreak wanted to just attract fans of all kinds with these games new and old. Plus since they're really promoting Pokemon Bank to be accessible to future generations indicates to me at least that they still want to make more Pokemon games for years to come. That's why they've placed a yearly fee on it so the servers can remain open for future generations of Pokemon fans. All and all , I don't think Pokemon's ending anytime soon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    only way pokemon can died if Satoshi Tajiri and Junichi Masuda die some how that how the pokemon would end

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    No, koff~

Pokemon has a good decade left in them at least. More than likely we'll see them break the four didget mark in the games before they stop producing them, koffi~

Years
    Like the others said, I don't think X and Y will be the last games. Pokemon is a very successful franchise, in fact the second biggest-selling video game franchise only behind the Mario games. So yeah Pokemon will continue for many years to come given the fact they are racking in loads of money. Pokemon won't be ending anytime soon, period.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I think, like anyone said earlier, this might not become the last of Pokemon franchise. I think Game Freak, Nintendo and the others are still creating innovation for this popular franchise, and I think they'll never run out of ideas, so Pokemon will still stay and won't end soon.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
    Like everyone's been saying; I doubt it will stop anytime soon as they are still earning a lot of money out of this.
    Whether that's a good or bad thing I don't know. :') many franchises miss the right time to stop but the way Pokémon is going right now I am not too worried about it going downhill.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    Pokemon is one of nintendo's fattest cashcows. I bet many people didn't even look at 3DS until Pokemon XY has been announced this year, which is a testament on how influential this game is to the console.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Pokemon is one of nintendo's fattest cashcows. I bet many people didn't even look at 3DS until Pokemon XY has been announced this year, which is a testament on how influential this game is to the console.

This is true for me, koff~

When I said I'd only buy one if they came out with a Metroid Anthology or another Advance Wars, a Pokemon game seemed to slip my mind. Well, I'll be buying one now thanks to them, koffi~

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
    Years
    As everyone else said before me, no I don't believe this will be the last generation, Pokemon makes waaaaaay too much money for Nintendo, so why would they no longer wish to continue making new generations? If anything with the introduction of the updated graphics, and all the new features in X&Y I'd be more inclined to believe that they would branch out and create more Pokemon games (Pokemon MMORPG? Well a man can dream).

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I really doubt this will be the last generation of Pokemon, for many different reasons. Pokemon is a trademark of the Nintendo Universe, and the 2nd biggest (and most money-making) franchise they have. If you look at games like Mario or Zelda, they haven´t stopped making them either, so why should they stop with Pokemon? and finally, i think rather than answering to many fan requests as a goodbye, this means it´s more like a "re-boot" of the series in the new 3d "era".

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Don't we get this every gen? I can faintly remember people going "maybe, with Black/White, they're making it all new Pokemon because it's the last game?" etc. etc. :p I think they're just doing something special since it's a big change for the franchise, in terms of gameplay, hardware etc. :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Ah yes, the infamous question of every new generation that passes by. Will this be the last generation of Pokémon? No. It's really quite simple really, and a lot of others have said why, but GameFreak and Nintendo are a business and so long as they are making a respectable profit, they will keep the franchise going for as long as possible. Unless a mutual agreement within GameFreak is decided that it's time to end the game series, and inevitably the anime and TCG, then there will be many more generations to come. Heck, our own kids might even be playing a new generation of Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Ah yes, the infamous question of every new generation that passes by. Will this be the last generation of Pokémon? No. It's really quite simple really, and a lot of others have said why, but GameFreak and Nintendo are a business and so long as they are making a respectable profit, they will keep the franchise going for as long as possible. Unless a mutual agreement within GameFreak is decided that it's time to end the game series, and inevitably the anime and TCG, then there will be many more generations to come. Heck, our own kids might even be playing a new generation of Pokémon!

that all ready happen if your age 26 mostly like some of you might have kids all ready.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years

On another forum there is a mother of two who is buying Pokemon X and Y for her kids and herself. lol Just a fun fact based on your last sentence I thought would be fun to share.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Ok... first of all this comes up every generation. Second of all, why would they make Pokemon Bank if this was the last pokemon generation and say we can use it for future games? Third, why would they make the first 3D game and then stop for the handhelds with the main pokemon games? And last of all, why would they stop when they are just now visiting other areas like France and America? That would make other main countries left out. I can see us having at least 4 more generations.

Not to mention this franchise still make a ton of money. I think it is the 3rd best seller for Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Ok... first of all this comes up every generation. Second of all, why would they make Pokemon Bank if this was the last pokemon generation and say we can use it for future games? Third, why would they make the first 3D game and then stop for the handhelds with the main pokemon games? And last of all, why would they stop when they are just now visiting other areas like France and America? That would make other main countries left out. I can see us having at least 4 more generations.

Not to mention this franchise still make a ton of money. I think it is the 3rd best seller for Nintendo.

i see 10 more pokemon games 10 more pokemon anime of ash lol

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    No, koff~

Pokemon has a good decade left in them at least. More than likely we'll see them break the four didget mark in the games before they stop producing them, koffi~

Is there something wrong with your computer? Because if not I find it baffling that you would waste time posting something as meaningless and irritating to readers as "koff~" at the end of every sentence.

Another thing worth noting is that if it was the last generation, they wouldn't leave us hanging. We'd have been told in advance, because it'd be an incredible boon to sales.

Back