• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y ........ Last gen?

Do you think X and Y will be the last Official Pokemon Games?

• Yes, sadly.....But by the name of Arceus, POKEMONS MEMORY SHALL NEVAH FADE!!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • NEVAH!! The will of Arceus and his disciples shall never waver, there shall be more! ^.^

Votes: 121 98.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    It seems like I see one of these topics every day.....

Really now, Pokemon has moved 219,000,000 units, I don't think it'll stop any time soon.

Also, lol @ the poll results.

Years
    I don't think they will be. Since millions of people are still playing it, they're more than likely going to continue. They'd most likely have a third game (ala Emerald, Platinum and BW2), anyway.

However, as i'm sure some of you may think, it would be better for a franchise to end while people still love it, and not get run into the ground and end on a shameful note. As I may have said, I would not have been upset at all if BW2 were the final main series games, but i'm sure there are many people who can't make the same claim.

Years
    I honestly thought the last gen was the last one. I thought so for a long time as well. So really, I've already been prepared for life without Pokemon....only to then find out they were making X & Y!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I don't think there will be another Gen but I don't think they will stop making the pokemon games

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    considering they talking about the transfering pokemon to later games in the series with the global link

also i think we can all see pokemon Z coming

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I definitely would be shocked if this was the last game. At the very least before the series ends, I think they'd remake Gen III. It'd be an easy way to keep the Pokedex from becoming too unwieldy and I'm sure they'd make a killing off it. In fact, I'd love to see them redo all of the games in Gen VI style before the series ends, if they aren't going to move the mechanics forward anymore.

I would also love to see them introduce a full console version of some of the games. I mean, how cool would it be to run around Kanto in a fully 3D environment (like the Legend of Zelda games)? I'd love to see a Wii U installment like that. One where you can send your Pokemon over to the 3DS games as well...

But with the introduction of Pokemon Bank, it seems like they're planning more installments for sure -- they said that one of the reasons they are charging for it is so Pokemon users can use the service in the future as well. I doubt they'd introduce something like that and only make it useable in two games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The Pokemon series seems to do better and better with each additional game. It would be foolish if Pokemon XY were the last ones. I highly doubt that they are, there is just so much more that GameFeak can do with these games and I'm positive that there will be many more installments to come.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Is there something wrong with your computer? Because if not I find it baffling that you would waste time posting something as meaningless and irritating to readers as "koff~" at the end of every sentence.

Another thing worth noting is that if it was the last generation, they wouldn't leave us hanging. We'd have been told in advance, because it'd be an incredible boon to sales.
    I think he adds "Koff~" to the end of his sentences for the same reason Homer Simpson
    says "D'oh!".

& as everyone has been saying, this is NOT the final generation of Pokemon!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Considering the recent interview with sugimori talking about his hopes for the 7th gen, we can put this topic to bed.

As if there was much doubt to begin with.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I've extended the blue bar and said no. There will be more Pokemon, whether imaginary or real, hopefully including Boilurn into the mix as well. {:3} However, I can't rule out a possibility that after we reach 999 the generation that helped to reach this margin will be the last.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The generation I really though would be the last one was four...as they didn't show any Gen V Pokemon until Zoroark. Gen V was a little worrying but not as much as IV.
    This generation isn't worrying as a guy hints that he comes from a new region, and says we'll see it soon enough.

Gen II however was the closest to being the last one...thankfully they decided to make Hoenn, then after that the others :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I heard Pokémon X and Y sold 4 million copies in the first few days. I doubt they would stop making games when it's so popular and highly anticipated. :)

Years
    Ahaha, i'm glad you all think this. And to those who are saying "i need to think twice next time' I'm probably one of the most Avid Pokemon Fans out there. Now, having said that, i don't think the gen is ending...however, i DO have faith in our Games Producers, Nintendo is not like sony and microsoft. They aren't MoneyGrubbers. I honestly believe they care more about our happiness then getting as much money as possible, think of the 2ds.

Again, i hope to high heavens this isn't the last ^.^

Mmm.... I wouldn't be praising Nintendo too much. They keep a cleaner public image, thats for sure.. but they are a business, and businesses only care about money. If there is no money, there is no business.. and no business means no games.. no games means no pokemon.. etc. I like to think of Nintendo more like Apple vs PC .. and I'm not suggesting which one is superior to the other, it's just Nintendo has the same kind of feel and general additudes to games and the people who play them like Apple does.

Pokemon is prefectly safe.. People obiviously care enough to hack into the system to see all the hidden goodies, which says a lot. If there's people to buy it, it will sell.. so long as Nintendo can adapt and change with the times.. and that's what worries me more. It doesn't seem like Nintendo -- In general--.. doesn't really get what most people want out of videogame hardware and rely more on gimmicks and innovations which are sometimes a double edged sword. You often end up with developers who can't make heads or tails out of Nintendo's specialized non-sense.. and I feel it hurts them a lot.

Last edited:

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    highly unlikely... not going to happen for a decade or so.. that's what i think :)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    It won't stop especially because each game is targeted to the same age group 9-11 year olds, while it brings most of the old fans back, it always gains new ones with each game IMO. Plus with it's profits, it's doubtful of it being the end.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    No. Hell no. It had BETTER NOT be. I mean it. Not after they introduced all this new stuff like mega evolution and Pokemon Amie to delve even further into.

They. Had. Better. Not. End. It. Here.

I'll be so pissed if they do. Especially if they end it without giving me a main-series game that brings back Red and allow us to encounter and interact with him more.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    lol No.
    Why would they stop now? People are still gonna buy the games, so there is no reason on earth to stop.
    Also I just read an interview recently about the makers of X/Y saying, what they would like to change in the future. It really doesn't look they plan on stopping now or in the near future.
    There is no reason to believe we are near an end in my opinion..

Also if they don't end the series with a game in which you can travel to all regions I'm gonna be pissed. I mean, isn't that the most requested thing the fans want since the dawn of the Pokémon franchise?

-- Matt

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    To OP: I also want to add that there is solid evidence that there will be future pokemon games. Best explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0
    basically, there's a line that states on the OFFICIAL POKEMON WEBSITE, when you look up info about the pokemon Bank, that an annual charge will allow the service to be maintained long-term to secure support for FUTURE POKEMON TITLES.

FUTURE POKEMON TITLES. Meaning there's more to come after X/ Y.

And in the official X&Y guidebook- page 384, there's a page that explains about berries that there are 14 berries not found in X and Y, and could only be obtained by trading from OTHER REGIONS.

REGIONS. PLURAL

Going back to Pokemon Bank's info, it states that no held items (like berries) can't be held by a pokemon and stored. Meaning that you can't bring berries over from gen 5 over to gen 6.

And in the X & Y game, there's dialogue from the hotel backpacker that there IS A NEW REGION that none of the main games have touched on, that we haven't seen, but we'll be seeing soon.

If all that doesn't provide proof that X & Y isn't the end of the franchise, i don't know what is

Back