• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Yesterdays Garbage?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Apparently Pokemon isn't in now. I heard it from a friend of mine at school who also plays Pokemon.
    He said Pokemon is yesterdays garbage cause' its old & outdated.
    For me as to reply, Pokemon isn't yesterdays garbage, like i mentioned in the other Thrd's: POKEMON FOREVER!

I want to know your comments about this comment, so plese speak your opinions.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    Yesterday's garbage? Please. Pokemon is still a huge franchise. And while it's not quite as popular as it used to be, there are obviously still plenty of us who love it.

I will always have a soft spot for Pokemon.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    Says who? I know way more people with a DS than a PSP.

Plus, Pokemon's not just all about the game.

There's still the anime and the manga.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    As long as the children are buying, it'll go on forever, by the year 2022, they'll be over 9000 new Pokemon, 50 new games, and 4500 new episodes.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    You all right, i should look on other pokemon feilds as the advantage...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Those who say the games are crap have yet to see its serious competitivity in battles.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    He said Pokemon is yesterdays garbage cause' its old & outdated.
    Dude, how can it be outdated... I thought Pearl and Diamond or better yet, the new pokemons were... kinda recently like came out...
    It wont be yesterdays garbage or whatever... *shrugs*
    Pokemon will keep on expanding its franchise... the franchise... it'll grow... with us...
    The next thing you know it, you're buying the latest pokemon video game for yer kid...

Gosh... i feel so old...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've always been under the impression that Pokemon has slowly been going downhill in popularity. Nonetheless, it's something from the 90s, and like anything from before the 21st century it has some antique-like charm to it (at least in my opinion). It's not outdated per se, just a classic game/anime that has left an impression on the youth of today.

I do think, though, that Pokemon (along with other franchises) has been worn down a bit due to Nintendo's habit of releasing practically the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and... you get the point.

Years
    I wouldn't say Pokemon is really out-dated.Just because it is old dosen't mean it is out-dated.It is still going strong.I can be called old because it has existed for a long time but that dosen't mean it is bad.
    I mean look at Diamond and Pearl!In less than a week it sold over 1,000,000 copies of the game!If u ask me that is pretty good!

Years
    pokemon still has a huge fan base like i think a lot of older kids in high school loke it but are worried about wat there friends might say not every one can be as open with it as others

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    If only they had a Manga show for Pokemon....

Pokemon would just take over.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    I wouldn't say Pokemon is not popular, but I would say there are more children players then there are teenagers and adults.

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
    If only they had a Manga show for Pokemon....

Pokemon would just take over.

What's a manga show?

Anyways.. I think that Pokemon IS on the "slow" decline.. but I still think it's widely popular. My sister's 7 years old, and her and her friends play the games, and with the cards. It's popular at her school, at least.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well, Pokémon will always have its "cult following."
    It doesn't really matter how long it's been out; good things can carry on for a really long time.
    Just look at the Mario series, or the Zelda series. They are still going strong without even a word of cancellation in the air.
    So, do I think Pokémon is "yesterday's garbage?"
    No, I don't. ;D

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Dude, how can it be outdated... I thought Pearl and Diamond or better yet, the new pokemons were... kinda recently like came out...
    It wont be yesterdays garbage or whatever... *shrugs*
    Pokemon will keep on expanding its franchise... the franchise... it'll grow... with us...
    The next thing you know it, you're buying the latest pokemon video game for yer kid...

I mean its being overtaken by the PSP & others...But...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I mean its being overtaken by the PSP & others...But...
    They both have entirely different games and differing control systems. It's like comparing the Wii to the Xbox, the former has all the fun party games while the latter has many of the more the adult-oriented ones, but both are popular, just among different people. By this, both the DS and PSP are also equal.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I know, but DS has been overtaken by the PSP...

Psp has not taken over the DS,
    i got my psp as soon as it came out and got bored within 3 months.
    With my ds, i got the ds lite when it first come out and havent been bored yet.
    It's the same with the playstation and the wii, so im glad to see pokemon games on the wii.

Back