• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Yesterdays Garbage?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    People who say it's out dated are trying to hide the fact that there in love with it so by saying they hate it no one will think thery a loser or something

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    What...? Pokemon was relatively small in '98 and '99. It's now huge. Diamond and Pearl sold far more copies than Red Blue and Yellow did in the same time frame.

Aand, you can't deny that there are haters out there. Everyone has their own opinion. But still, Pokemon isn't going to die out and be yesterday's garbage for a long time.

ummm how old were you? pokemon was HUGE back then in the late 90's.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    The PSP is hardly talked about these days and DS surpasses it with R4. Pokemon is one of the main reasons why the nDS survives today
    The only thing the PSP is good for is playing NES and SNES games. The DS surpasses the PSP in sales because it has games for everyone - Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Brain Age 2, Flash Focus and New Super Mario Bros.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    98-00 was the golden age of Pokemon cards, the gameboy games weren't as popular as they are now but everyone had at least a small collection of the cards. Mostly because a lot more girls were into collecting the cards back then.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Pokemon's still plenty popular. Evidenced by D/P sales.

It's just not nearly as mainstream anymore. =S

Years
    Its true. Most people arent cool enough th play pokemon. Me and all of my friends play and we are 19+ college students. Suburban counter culture.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
    How can it be yesterdays garbage when more than a quarter of fans don't even know anything past the anime/games. There is more to PM...There's PokeSpe... let's see if they will still call it that... Also theres a bunch of great fanfics out here waiting to be read...

Agreed. "Fans" who don't know about the manga and fanfics can't call themselves true fans. They can call themselves "fans of the games" .

Really, do you think Pokemon would die off if it has been going for 10+ years now? I don't think so.

And.. another thing. Do you guys ever wonder why people "hate" Pokemon? They call it dumb, stupid, and, yet, they still buy the games and love them. Maybe they see Pokemon as the anime, which really isn't good anymore. :(

People who say it's out dated are trying to hide the fact that there in love with it so by saying they hate it no one will think thery a loser or something

Exactly what I mean!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    ._.; You have to accept the fact that some people do not like Pokemon. Really, Pokemon has clear reasons to be loved and unloved. You have to get out of this super-ultra-mega-fanboy/girl thing. Point overruled.
    ummm how old were you? pokemon was HUGE back then in the late 90's.
    It started in the late 90s. I'm saying the fans right now, it is HUGE, and bigger than it was in the late 90s.

Back