• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you hate battling

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
What Pokemon are you like "oh ****" when you encounter them in the wild or they're sent out in battle?

Umbreon:
Its defense is so high that it's always effort to take down quickly.

Zubat/Golbat:
Being unable to escape and getting confused, it absolutely infuriates me.

CroagunkToxicroak:
Can be hard to beat, always poisons you and leaves alot of damage.

Aerodactyl:
Way too fast and I rarely have anyone on my team who can hit its double weakness.

Braviary:
Always kills me with Brave bird.

Bronzor/Brozong:
The Defence/Special Defence topped with powerful psychic attacks.

Boldore/Gigalith:
Sturdy. I have nothing else to say.

Years
Aegislash: It uses the spam move kings shield meaning a quick KO is difficult.

Anything with sandstorm ability

Anything with static: limits you to S attack only

Anything using roar: can mess up your plans of attack.

Anything that uses what I consider spam moves (moves that prevent a one kit KO ie protect or detect or give your poke a status problem but does no damage ie Thunder wave, will o wisp)

pkmin3033

Pokemon with obscene HP totals, annoyingly high defence stats, or with a fondness for inflicting status ailments. Basically, ones that like to make a nuisance of themselves. Milotic and Snorlax are two I've never liked battling in the games, because they take forever to chip away at even when you're several levels above them. Slaking is also quite annoying, because you can practically guarantee the first thing it will do is use Yawn. Shuckle I loathe.

As for status inflicting Pokemon...Zubat and other Supersonic users, and most grass types, since they mostly have one type of powder or another. They're aggravating, as I don't usually carry many status healers, meaning I have to trek back to the nearest town...

Oh, and Starmie. I hate Starmie.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to Pokemon that I hate battling, it is not the Pokemon. It is actually certain moves. I hate battling Pokemon that use any of the following moves:
Protect
Detect
Double Team (correct response to that move is "Double Team Noob")
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Poison Spikes
Confuse Ray
Swagger
Supersonic

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Garchomp - Fast and Bulky Pseudo-Legendary who'll annihiate your team if you don't either of its counters.

Dragonite - Two words: Multi Scales.

Gyarados - This is mainly due to the fact that I have little room to add an Electric type in my team.

A properly-used legendary - pretty self-explanatory.

Blissey - Switch bait staller.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

anything with Arena Trap when I forget i'm passing thru an area infested with these little devils

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Aegislash will forever be a thorn in my side. It's one of those pokemon that seem a little too overpowered if you give it the chance. It could use a Swords Dance/Shadow Sneak combo, or, even if you have high defense from stat raising (using a move like cotton guard) it could use Sacred Sword, negating the defense raise and OHKO you.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Chansey.... Just Chansey..... I hate that pokemon...... Why wont jump kick work?!?! Its supe effective but u only get less than half damage....ok lets try again... Missed dang it..... Ok lets try high jump kick....soft boiled...WHY!?!

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
Zubat- It always confuses one of my pokemon before I can easily take it out
Electrode/any exploding pokemon- Always using self destruct -___-
Druddigon- in Victory Road in X it always gave my Charizard a hard time
Tentacool/Tentacruel- I seem to attract them one after another. Even though I love calimari doesn't mean I love Tentacool line.
Pokemon that use toxic spikes >_>

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
anything with Arena Trap when I forget i'm passing thru an area infested with these little devils
ugh I accidentally ran into an Arena Trap Trapinch when EV Training and forgot to turn off my Exp. Share, so I had to defeat it and stuff up my progress. But I don't really EV train in Trapinch-infested areas, so this isn't a common problem for me.

A Pokemon that I've historically hated battling in-game was Snorlax. A gigantic HP stat and great special defence meant that taking Red's lv76 Snorlax was hell on Earth. At the time, I didn't understand the concept of stats very well and didn't really pack any physical attackers or fighting moves on my team, so I resorted to just bludgeoning it with hard-hitting moves, only to be thwarted when it used Rest and I had to start all over again. I hated Snorlax. Of course, now I just punch any Snorlax I see with whatever Fighting-type move I happen to have on me and call it a day~

I don't like battling walls in general, however. Want to hit it with a super-effective move? It'll eat it up and then recover the damage. Want to set up on it? Nope, here's a burn. Oh, you're a specially-based setup sweeper? Try setting up with a Toxic timer ticking away.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I am very surprised no one has brought up hawlucha haha, it was my worst nightmare in xy. To be fair, i have a bad habbit of having way too many grass types on my team, but flying press was a killer o_o. On a less recent note, chansey and milktank were torture for me back in the day. I mean, who can forget whitney's milk drinking milktank :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If it isn't for capture, one Pokémon I definitely dislike encountering is Zubat.

Zubat could be found in almost every single cave throughout Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, and they could be quite deadly; their encounter rate seems to be sort of high, and when your Pokémon is under-leveled, causing you to be unable to escape, they would snatch up on the opportunity to use moves like Supersonic, which would confuse you, leading you to get hurt and whatnot. It's sort of bothersome. Same applies for Golbat.

Another is Tentacool. This one is like Zubat in many ways, but it resides in sea for most part. We run into it pretty often, and it has tendency to utilize Supersonic a lot. Alongside, it's also got access to Poison Stick (which it isn't afraid to use), and it does have a good portion of chance to cause your Pokémon to become poisoned.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Zubat line has always been quite annoying, haha.

I also have disliked Pokemon with Sturdy, especially when I know that I would have knocked out that Pokemon in one hit. It's another turn where they can knock off your HP and delay the inevitable.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Typical 'zubat pls' sort of person, right here.

I don't like running into any form of Miltank. Gym leader or not, they're all dead to me. :( High damage, easy recovery with Milk Drink, a chance to paralyze with Body Slam and incredibly fast. Makes for a pretty frustrating experience especially in the earlier stages of the game.

I don't like Zubat as stated previously. It isn't that hard to kill but the sheer fact that one pops up every few seconds is enough to make me go 'MY GOD STOP' and then make me buy an endless supply of Max Repels just to stop running into them.

I also don't like Wobbuffet. You don't have a choice to run from it and depending on what you do - it could either Destiny Bond, Counter or pull up some stupid trick. It's pretty dangerous VSing one and I'll admit that it scares me a little each time I do so. :'D

Years
WOBBUFFET, my god. That shadow tag is a serious pain in the ass. I swear I almost quit X when I got to that cave that was absolutely filled with them. I'd take a wild zubat over a wild shadow tag wobbuffet any day.

ALSO THE FEMALES MAKE ME CRINGE.

Years
A lot of the Bug-type Pokémon that you encounter early in some of the games. When I started playing Alpha Sapphire the other week one of them in Petalburg Woods only used Harden to raise its defence over and over again. It was like I was punching a brick with my bare fist. I'm not too fond of Pokémon that use Attract, either.

Back