• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you hate battling

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
oh i hated the two colour shifting pokemon, this lapras ate sth bitter expy ground water poke and the ghost water jelly fish pokemon.

Nakala Pri

Rhyperior
Sableye (DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
Xeaneaus (or whatever)

Hawlucha is a pain in the BACKSIDE because of his typing and his OP move set. >:( I try to hit him but oooooooooooh-noooooooooooo he outspeeds me, out attacks me and bloody well kills me

Even though Rhyperior is rare, he is so darned bulky that even a bloody Serperior would have trouble taking away 5 HP. >:c

Sableye's Phantom Force, Dark Pulse, such and such is so ruddy annoying. Another impossible typing.

Xearneus, online, is a total pain. With Geomancy and a White Herb? Say hello to the god from Princess Mononokes' unisex kid. >:(

Years
Is nobody going to mention Jolteon? Seriously. Screw that.
It always seems to have Double Team and, as someone who doesn't use Mind Reader, Lock-on and other such moves, that never goes well for me. I probably should use them, but I never really use low-accuracy moves - making them feel like more a waste of space than anything else.

I think some of those who have battled the Kimono Girls in HGSS can vouch for you on that one. Double Team can just fudge off.

Years
I hate battling anything that can throw some powder crap or confuse rays.

I remember hating Shroomish when I first started playing Pokemon games with Sapphire being my first game. Sleep, paralyze powder, you name it.
And in case that's not enough, there are always Zubat and Tentacool and even Wingulls with Supersonic, which usually has 99% rate of success. Unless it's yours, then it's 1% lol.

Anyway, summed up, any Pokemon that can confuse/paralyze/poison/put asleep/freeze/etc my Pokemon. :D

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
If it isn't for capture, one Pokémon I definitely dislike encountering is Zubat.

Zubat could be found in almost every single cave throughout Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, and they could be quite deadly; their encounter rate seems to be sort of high, and when your Pokémon is under-leveled, causing you to be unable to escape, they would snatch up on the opportunity to use moves like Supersonic, which would confuse you, leading you to get hurt and whatnot. It's sort of bothersome. Same applies for Golbat.

Another is Tentacool. This one is like Zubat in many ways, but it resides in sea for most part. We run into it pretty often, and it has tendency to utilize Supersonic a lot. Alongside, it's also got access to Poison Stick (which it isn't afraid to use), and it does have a good portion of chance to cause your Pokémon to become poisoned.

Agreed, man I hate it when Zubat wont let you escape and then uses Supersonic
Also Tympole would also not let you escape as well
Basculin- a tough bad ass water pokemon, sure it is no problem later in the game, but when you first fight them, argh what a tough Pokemon

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Greninja.
Anything that's really bulky and meant to stall - something like Chansey, M-Venu, Quagsire, Blissey, or Slowbro.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Anything with Sturdy. I'm sorry but no matter what your lv. 13 Geodude shouldn't be able to survive a 4x water attack from my lv. 70+ water type.. Roggenrolas were an especially big pain in B/W and B/W2.

Pelippers were also the bane of my existence in R/S/E. q_q I remember being so annoyed as a kid each time I fought one since they used Protect on their first turn 95% of the time and that was no fun, not when you're training your team. You're going to faint anyway, don't delay it. Siiigh.

Just about 500% agree with this, but I especially hate Sturdy Relicanth.

Just effing die. I hit you with a Mega Drain, I hit you with a Needle Arm, I WRECKED you with a Frenzy Plant, and you still insist on surviving and then wiping me out or Yawning me.

on that note just about anything with Yawn or Static. I effing hate those with a bloody, boiling, burning passion.

Years
Walrein. I mean, seriously, what is it with Walreins? Glacia's Walrein in RSE E4 is a huge pain in the backside. I can defeat all her other Pokemon fine, but when it comes to Walrein I'm just like "oh no". Blizzard is always the first move that does crazy damage, then somehow Sheer Cold always hits. Body Slam gets you paralyzed on the first hit, if not the second and Surf is there for the Rock, Ground, Fire etc. Oh well, I guess it's a good thing you encounter challenges throughout the game otherwise it wouldn't be as good :3

Years
Ferrothorn is sooo annoying during competitive battles. There's a lot of ways Ferrothorn could ruin your team like one with Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Toxic, and Protect. It's awful if you can't kill it fast.

Duckface

Eating Souls Everyday
Years
Shedinja, and its stupid wonderguard. Its immune to everything except fire,flying,dark,rock and ghost. The first time I saw it, it was so annoying because I didn't know what damaged it.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
Years
Greninja. Also Greninja. And, of course, we can't forget Greninja.

I really hate Greninja. Well, Protean Greninja, that is. His moveset is nice and varied, allowing him to have a variety of types to switch between. He's fast and so can usually hit you with a powerful attack first and change types. He doesn't have an "optimal" set that most people use...sure there are some moves that pretty much all Greninja have, like Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, but it's really a roll of the dice when trying to predict his first few turns. I really just hate Greninja. Which is sad, because I loved him before I knew how annoying he was to battle against with Protean.

Years
^ Well then you must be pretty happy that he got the boot by Smogon, as he was voted out by a big percentage. ORAS tutors gave him Low Kick and Gunk Shot and made him even deadlier, so he took it for them.

Back