• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeMorph Liberation Force: Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
  • Surge nearly keeled over laughing at Travis's comment. "So, you think you can kill me? Well, if that's not the funniest thing I've heard all day." Travis noted, with chagrin, that despite his laughter the General did not seem to have let down his guard. No matter what the general said, he was anything but a blowhard. His taunts were calculated to cause Travis to attack in anger and lower his guard, while convincing Travis that the opposite had happened. Surge continued his taunts, grinning angrily. "I suppose you're a new recruit into that PLF that's been causing so much trouble? Here to kill me because I took over your precious country, right?" The general grinned. "You're nowhere near ready to take me on. Come back in ten years, and then maybe we'll talk. For now, get out of my way."

Travis dropped to his knees to avoid another bolt of electricity. "Bastard..." he growled, "Don't make conclusions about someone you don't know!" Suddenly, his hand shot to one of his boots. Then, like a coiled spring being released, Travis lunged foward. Surge leaped back, barely avoiding a slash across the face from what looked like a knife, of the type issued to most soldiers. "Dammit," he muttered, lunging forward for another slash, which was easily sidestepped. Travis leaped back just in time to avoid Surge's tail, which came crashing down on the spot where he was standing just moments before, leaving a long crack in the pavement. Iron Tail, eh... and his tail has a longer reach than my arms. So close quarters is out of the question. Dammit! I should've been more subtle when I lunged! Now I've lost the element of surprise. Surge's tail crashed down again, forcing Travis to retreat slightly, hopping back a few feet. Readying himself, he made eye contact with Surge. As he did so, he held his knife at the ready and searched for an opening. If Surge relaxed his tail for a moment, Travis would be ready to spring. "You made one major tactical error, general," Travis commented, saying the last word with a sneer.

"Oh?" Surge asked, stepping back a few paces but still keeping his tail poised for counterattack.

"You thought I was a lower-ranking officer in the PLF, right?" Travis asked, still searching for a ***** in Surge's armor. "Well, not quite. My rank is actually about the same as... well, I think I lost track of it, but I guess you could say that my official rank is 'Special Forces Captain'."

"Special forces?" Surge echoed, searching for a similar weakness in Travis's defenses, "So you're here to assasinate me?"

"Actually, I'm just a freeloader," Travis admitted. "The Strike Force assigned to that mission requested my assistance. And since I knew that I'd be meeting you, I was only too happy to give it."

"Well, then..." Surge mused, his tail still at the ready, "So, why are you so interested in meeting me?"

"Have you forgotten?" Travis asked, slowly and deliberately. "I'm not surprised. Someone who's killed as many people as you have probably wouldn't remember one face out of thousands. Let me try to refresh your memory. I was the boy at the execution of the members of the Sevii Islands resistance. The one whose life you destroyed, along with his best friend. And now, he's come back. Back with a new life. Back with a purpose..."

Just then, Surge lowered his tail. It was only slightly, but Travis caught the movement and lunged. He felt his knife drive into something solid, but before he could celebrate a sharp jolt caused him to stumble backwards a few feet. He stared at Surge, who had taken a slight cut across the shoulder but was otherwise okay. Travis realized with a growing sense of dread that Surge must have dropped his tail on purpose, a bluff. He had shifted his weight at the last second in preparation for the strike, and it had barely grazed his upper shoulder. And the burst of electricity... Travis tried to flex his muscles. As expected, he found the task rather difficult. The electricity had been Surge's ability. He should have remembered that direct contact with a Raichu would result in temporary paralysis.

"Ah, yes... I remember you," Surge chuckled, as he stepped backwards to get a better look at Travis. "You were one of those journalists with the Underground Press. I suppose my bolt didn't quite finish your Smeargle after all, and more's the pity. It would have taught you not to stand up to me."

Travis breathed in heavily, trying to tense his muscles and overcome the numbing sensation of being paralyzed. "You murdered him! You induced a heart attack! If I hadn't bonded with Andre, he would have-" he choked before he could finish the sentence, tears threatening to renew themselves.

Surge smiled cruelly. "Well.... that's something I didn't expect to hear. Shouldn't you just admit to yourself that it was your fault that your poor little Smeargle isn't alive anymore?"

Travis choked again. "What?"

Surge smirked. "You idiot. As I recall, you came after me with my own knife then after I dropped it. Seems you haven't changed much since then," he added, pointing to the knife that Travis's fingers were still curled around. "And you forgot your partner. You didn't realize that he hadn't just fainted until after I punched you around a little. Sure, your PLF friends got you out. But if you had tended to your friend first... wouldn't he still be alive?"

"N-no..." Travis choked out, shocked that Surge, of all people, knew this. "It isn't true... I didn't kill him. I didn't. It was you. You tried to-"

"I tried to kill you, because you had a knife and were coming after me," Surge interrupted. "If you hadn't tried to kill me like that, I wouldn't have launched a bolt at you. And if I hadn't done that, your rat-friend wouldn't have jumped in the way of the bolt. Face it, kid: I'm no more of a murderer than you are."

"No... no..." Travis denied it, trying to step back.

Surge smirked once more. "And so it ends..." he growled, as he readied himself to lunge for a finishing attack. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks, as if he was having trouble moving. "What!" he coughed angrily.

Travis would have taken the oppurtunity to taunt Surge if he wasn't still reliving his worst memory. Since the beginning of the battle, when Surge had tried to hit him with Iron Tail, Travis had been spreading Stun Spore. And it was finally taking its effect. Surge had now breathed enough in that it was seriously affecting his mobility.

Surge coughed for a few moments more, before forcing a grin. "Nice shot, trash-kid. You really surprised me there. I didn't expect something like that from a knife-fighter, y'know?" He smirked again. "Unfortunately, I don't need to move to finish my opponents off, especially if they can't move either." A golden glow suddenly surrounded the former Lieutenant before he lifted his hands and began channeling electricity into them. "I think I'll do you a favor, kid," he called over the crackle of the energy, "And let you die the same way your partner did, okay? Zap Cannon! Fire!" With that, he launched a massive orb of electricity straight at Travis.

Travis knew what he had to do. Just as Surge launched the cannon, Travis inhaled deeply and released a flamethrower. The two collided in mid-air, and the blacklash of energy sent Travis sprawling backwards as the electricity, its course changed, slammed harmlessly into the ground a few feet away from him. Just as he was about to breathe a sigh of relief, another crackling of electricity caused him to stare at Surge, just as the general released another Zap Cannon. With a pang of fear, Travis realized that Surge had a second Zap Cannon charged, and had been holding it back to fire directly after the first. He had no way of avoiding this one- he couldn't charge another flamethrower fast enough. Time seemed to slow to a crawl as his eyes tracked the movement of the electricity, which would no doubt kill him on contact by causing his heart to stop.

Just like Andre.

Travis closed his eyes, and a single tear ran down his cheeks.

Andre...

He's right.

I should have been there for you. I shouldn't have gone after Surge. I should have thought about saving you first, and getting revenge second.

Now it looks like I did the same thing, and I'm gonna die for it.

I guess I was really only going after Surge with his own knife so that I could avoid admitting that you dying was partly my fault. I wanted to convince myself that Surge was the murderer, and that I was avenging your death. I was wrong.

Andre...

...Sorry.

There was a flash. Travis opened his eyes. What he saw amazed him.

A white figure, with a long, brush-tipped tail, was in between him and the rapidly approaching Zap Cannon.

There was an explosion, and everything was confused for a moment.

"What?" Surge coughed, "I missed?"

Travis stared at the ground just behind him. It was charred. The attack... then it hadn't been Andre's spirit? Surge had just lost control of the second Zap Cannon?

Either way, it didn't matter. He knew what he had to do. With considerable effort, he pulled himself to his feet. The effects of the Static ability were fading, and some of the numbness was gone from his limbs. Suddenly, Travis flipped his tail, causing a stream of wet paint to arc from himself to Surge. Surprisingly, instead of staining Surge's uniform, the paint seemed to soak into him before arcing back to Travis's tail. Travis's face broke into a broad grin. "So..." he murmured, half to himself, "So that's how that works. Well, now... I'd almost forgotten how much fun it was to sketch things. Well then, let's see..."

Surge growled, as he began to charge another Zap Cannon. "Don't think this is over yet, boy."

"No, it isn't," Travis replied calmly. "And you're right. It was my fault. If I hadn't attacked you, Andre would still be alive. But I got to thinking..." Travis's eyes narrowed. "Even if it was my fault, I'm not the person I used to be. I got so used to thinking that Andre is dead, that he was gone. I forgot about something very important. I'm not just Travis Varias. I'm Andre as well..." Then, without warning, he let loose.

Zap Cannon was an unfamiliar move to Travis. His first time launching it felt like firing a cannon. The backlash from the attack caused him to skid backwards at least a foot. The remainder of his firepower crashed into Surge, causing the general to buckle and fall backwards. Travis smirked at his fallen opponent, some of his old smugness returning. "Well, that's a weight off my chest," he remarked casually. "Now that I know Andre isn't really dead... well, I guess I don't have much of a reason to feel guilty or to want to kill you personally, Surge." He nodded to the rest of the group. "Could one of you guys finish him? I think..." Travis wobbled for a moment before smiling and collapsing again, "I'm a little too drained..."

OOC: Jeez, all that effort, and I still didn't get this to come out the way I wanted it to. Oh well, here it is anyway. >.<

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    "Holy..." Plum breathed as she watched Travis smote the previously dominating Surge with his very own attack.

After witnessing the colossal fight she had to admit, the Kanto PLF wasn't as bad as she first thought. Of course, there were four high ranking members amongst them but she was convinced that they'd do just as well without their help, especially after today's events and what had transpired right before her. She wasn't the kind of person who'd admit she was wrong or give praise, as a matter of fact she would never do such things but after seeing Travis face his personal demons, she couldn't help but be impressed. Although admittedly, she did have half a mind of joining in the middle of the fight to give the Smeargle-morph a few well deserved whacks herself. If there was something she couldn't stand, among many others, it was when people doubted themselves. In a fight, there was no time for personal insecurities. She wasn't too fond of emotional fights either but she was guilty on more than one occassion with the latter, so she let it go.

"Could one of you guys finish him? I think..." the Smeargle-morph started before smiling as he began to fall, "I'm a little too drained..."

Having been cradling the Charizard-morph throughout the fight, Plum felt hard pressed about whether she should fulfill Travis' request, assist the Smeargle-morph himself or start lugging Omega to safety now that the fight was over. Looking around the desolate warehouse, she suddenly spotted the two other witnesses of Commander Surge's defeat; Cecily and the Shinx-morph.

"Oi! You two!" she hastily snapped, making up her mind and lifting the limp Charizard up into her arms. "Go help Travis and do whatever with Surge! I'm gonna get Omega out of here."

Struggling slightly with the Charizard-morph's weight, the teen slowly but surely carried him out of the building and into the new morning.

"Damn it Clove...where are you?"

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • The pack slowly made its way to Denx, taunting him. They were good at it, too, Denx thought. He couldn't help but laugh, however, at how awkward they looked floating through the air. Denx looked at the pack, his vision blurred and containing doubles of everything. Eight, he counted. But since he couldn't see straight, he figured there were only four. All of the same morphs, minus the Shinx morph. He tried to get up, but came back down when he felt his back's pain.

"You look like a stupid version of Surge!" yelled a Minun.

"Join us, and you won't die!" an Elekid called.

"We could always use a spare battery!" the Magnemite finally chimed in.

"Hold it!" yelled the Elekid morph. He put his hand up to an ear piece that wrapped around his head, connecting to a mouthpiece, "Either the base is playing a sick trick on us, or we're in over our heads!" he finished.

"What is it?" the Magnemite questioned.

"It's Surge. They can't get ahold of 'im!" he yelled. Denx tried to get up again, succesful this time. None of the morphs noticed. He looked over the side of the building. Far to the left, he saw the gym, with a huge hole in the top. Through it, he could only see the floor. Denx then looked down to the side of the building. Nothing to escape with. He pulled out his phone, ready to send a message as to what happened, but closed it when he heard his foes.

" 'Ey, look! He's tryin' to escape!" the Elekid exclaimed. They all flew over, surrounding him.

"You guys wanna.. let me down or something?" he asked. They all looked at him, then looked at eachother, breaking out with laughter, "What, I can't fly like you guys!" he yelled, getting angry.

"It isn't flying, dimwit, it's levitating!" breathed the Pikachu through two chuckles. Denx sat down, ready to be pounded by his foes. He could hear some speech through the Elekid's earpiece.

It's been confirmed that Lt. Surge has ceased by unknown causes. Please retreat to base.

He could barely hear it, but could tell what he heard was true. The four of them stopped laughing, and looked at eachother again. This time, the were sullen and gloomy. Not even caring about Denx, they floated off over the other side of the Gym, out of Denx's sight.

"What about MEEEE!" he yelled, hearing an echo of himself. He covered his eyes from the bright, gleaming sun that made its way above the horizon. Pulling his phone out, he started to type out a message.

This is Denx. Apparently, Surge has been killed. I don't know if it was any of our faults, but I can guess it was. Anyway, I think I need help. I'm on top of a building, and I can see the front doors of the gym. I really can't explain more than that. Can I get some help?

He pressed send, and with a beep, the message disappeared. Closing the phone, he sat with his knees to his chest. His elbows were resting on his knees, and his head sunk. He started to doze off.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Clove lay face down in the dirt for a while, his body was exhausted from a battle like that, there was no getting around the fact that the Jolteon guard had taken quite a bit out of him. Not to mention he had gotten fried to a crisp twice. Even though he had grounded the Thunder attack... that only dispersed the bulk of the energy. That didn't change the fact that 10,000 volts had just shot through his body.

"Need...some help?" Clove heard from above him. Clove struggled to sit upright, looking for the owner of the question. Pulling out a burnt mushroom, the figure was revealed to be Reid.

"It won't taste good..."He warned, "But you will recover..." He said quietly, handing the mushroom to Clove.

Clove eyed the mushroom curiously. It didn't look very good...at all. But Reid seemed to be healthier than anyone here, and Clove didn't have much option if he held any hopes of standing within the next couple hours. He popped half of the mushroom into his mouth after eying it for a moment more. He chewed slowly rolling his eyes around his head trying to picture the taste before immediately grabbing his throat and standing up yelling.

"oh my GOD! where did you find that thing?! How can you eat all those?! This is just awful! That was worse than... than... eating shoe leather marinated in dog vomit! Or...no, that was worse than RENT on DVD... NO NO i've got it now. That mushroom. Was worse than watching an episode of Family Guy from the new season. That mushroom... was SO AWFUL. That I think it might even be worse then Panic at the Disco." Clove exclaimed while standing up straight, hacking and spitting all over the dirt.

He paused for a moment realizing how easily he stood up, and looked to Reid.

"Heh....looks like they work pretty well..." He said to Reid, scratching his head after impaling the mushrooms with insults. "...Thanks Reid, now lets go find out what all that noise was."

Clove sprinted towards the gymnasium, ushering Reid to follow. Quickly arriving inside the gym, he saw nothing he didn't expect. Lt. Surge on the ground unable to move. Clove flung his arm out, spraying a hail of needles, pinning the general to the ground making sure he didn't get back up.

"You wont be needing these, either." Clove said quietly, extending a spike on his right arm and slicing down, swiftly removing his feet from his legs. "Can't have you running away, now can we..."

Travis was also on the ground, and some others from the force standing and watching what had appeared to be a great battle. Clove sighed deeply before heading slowly to Travis' side. He kneeled next to his head looking at the fallen morph, he would be okay obviously, just worn down.

"You really messed yourself up, didn't you, old friend..." Clove said quietly to Travis so only they could hear. "You definitely put up a good fight." He added, lifting him up and holding him over his shoulder. He walked Travis slowly out of the gym in silence, heading to the morning air. Clove's PLF phone suddenly buzzed silently in his pocket. With his free hand, he felt inside his slim back pocket, lighting the phone and reading the message.

"This is Denx. Apparently, Surge has been killed. I don't know if it was any of our faults, but I can guess it was. Anyway, I think I need help. I'm on top of a building, and I can see the front doors of the gym. I really can't explain more than that. Can I get some help?"

Clove laughed silently to himself, while holding the message up for Travis to see.

"Heh... even the rookie is making a name for himself. I wont be able to call him rookie for much longer..." He said quietly.

"Come on everyone..." Clove called as he walked through to the clearing, seeing an old familiar face. Not really one he was too excited to lay eyes on.

"Its been a while Plum..." Clove said through a low toned voice. He didn't give her much more attention than that. He laid Travis down against a tree and flipped open his phone and spoke into it with his official sounding voice once more.

"PLF Headquarters. Commander Clove reporting in from the Kanto unit. The plan hit some snags but was completed at sunrise just as anticipated. Surge has been captured alive. I'll need a Class S morph containment team and make it snappy. I don't want another one getting away. Medic team is going to be un necessary as well. Also as of now, the Kanto Liberation Force...." Clove looked at his team and smiled a bit. He looked towards the harbor with sparkling water that stretched into the distance. "Erm... The Kanto Liberation Force will be taking the rest of the day off. Communication will be re-established in the morning." Clove quickly finished while the commander could still be heard yelling in the phone while he flipped it shut, ending communication. He looked at his team who all looked incredibly tired but also relieved.

"Now don't get all sappy on me." He ordered to the group. "You aren't off the hook yet."

He walked to the center of the group and watched them all. "You all fought well today. Despite minor hitches we did well but i have to say a few things."

He began by walking over to Travis and leaning eye level to him. Without warning, he let loose a swift punch across his face. "Don't you EVER put me in that situation again. Do you understand?! Its crap like that, that gets this team killed!" He screamed at Travis with his fist trembling. He spun around to Cecily as well. "And YOU aren't off the hook either. I'm glad you're making friends but you're still fresh. Don't be so reckless." walking away towards the others now, he switched his gaze to Plum and Brad.

"I don't know what you're doing here, Plum. But you better understand that this team is my call. Got it? And by the way, drop him. Brad. You're fine, get up, I know you better than that, cut the act." He scolded at the two.

"Jade, Reid, you fought hard, take a rest. And that leaves my final issue." Clove paused for a second taking a deep breath and contorting his face into an odd look of confusion. He held up his phone with the message showing on its screen.

"Someone needs to go help Denx... He's stuck on a building..." He said with a tone of voice that seemed aggravated and humored at the same time.

"All that aside.... Good job, PLF. Another town has been saved. Enjoy your time off, you guys earned it."

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
  • Surge has been captured. Alive!
    And we get a break??
    A genuine smile broke across Jade's face at the chance to sit and relax for once and because of their victory. It was a slightly shaky victory, but a victory nonetheless.
    Travis got swift talking to; well, Travis got a punch in the face. Jade grimaced. She almost smiled when Cecily was yelled at but decided that she had really shown some courage, even though her actions were foolish.
    Suddenly, she noticed an addition to their group. She was a Scyther Morph and looked rather intimidating. Her slightly torn clothes probably meant she met a problem or two on the way there. Clove called her Plum and didn't look very thrilled to see her.

"Jade, Reid, you fought hard, take a rest. And that leaves my final issue." Clove sighed. Denx was stuck on the roof, surrounded. If Jade wasn't so worn from her last battle she would have insisted on teaching some bratty electric type morphs a lesson; alas, she greeted the soft ground with relief and laid back, enjoying the view. Vermillion was rather beautiful, minus the rubble.

"All that aside.... Good job, PLF. Another town has been saved. Enjoy your time off, you guys earned it."

This is probably a good opportunity to get to know everybody, Jade contemplated. It didn't look as though anyone was up for talking, but she was determined to make conversation.
    "So...where you guys from? I'm from Lavender myself."

OOC: I love Jade and her awkward social skills. LOL

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The sudden voice literally sent shivers down her spine and in an instant, she knew who it belonged to. Only one person had such an affect and it was no surprise to her when his hollow yellow eyes, ridiculously green hat and overall dark attire came into view. Upon such a person rested another as the supposed leader of PLF entered the clearing where she now stood with Omega on her own shoulder. Giving her a simple greeting and nothing more, she watched on as he gently laid the worn Travis on the ground, propped up against a tree before retrieving his cell and delivering the team's current status and mission report.

Before long, as the Cacturne-morph chatted away, more members of the team started to arrive and it was then that she got her first look at the group in the flesh. Of course, not before her good ol' buddy Clove gave her and Omega some words of wisdom.

"I don't know what you're doing here, Plum. But you better understand that this team is my call. Got it? And by the way, drop him. Brad. You're fine, get up, I know you better than that, cut the act."

Without hesistation Plum complied, but not because of the Cacturne-morph's request but because he was really starting to tick her off. Laying down the still beaten Omega, she prepared to give Clove an earful of what she would normally consider a verbal beating, only to be stopped in her tracks by the now arriving members who awaited their leader's acknowledgment. Shaking in bother anger and frustration, she somewhat managed to control herself in an effort to not make a scene in front of the new recruits. She was modest like that. Swallowing her pride for the moment (so she could throw it up later in private with the Cacturne-morph), the hot-headed brunette folded her arms with a pout before giving the slightest nod of acknowledgment in response to her leader's comments.

The moment he finished, Plum swooped in for the kill...or rather the kidnapping. But before she could make a move, the Tyranitar-morph who she had felt attacking earlier started up. To her surprise, the girl seemed somewhat flustered, that or she was just socially inept, but continued in trying to make conversation regardless. Deciding to save her abuse for Clove at a more private time and place, Plum broke a serrated smile, bending forward behind the Tyranitar-morph and clasped a scarred hand on her shoulder, making sure her in-grown scythes faced away from the pretty girl's frame.

"The name's Plum!" she announced somewhat proudly yet with a hint of contempt. "I'll be helping you rubes out from now on as leader's...well, just call me his personal assistant. Right Clove-chan?"

Making up the last part of her announcement, she shot the subject a deathly stare in an effort to have him comply with her little story, all in hope of looking like good role models.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • "Clove…" Cecily had pulled PLF's leader away from the rest of the group (and incidentally, whatever abuse the Scyther morph had in store), momentarily leaving the Shinx morph, who seemed to have taken a seat on a rather large rock while he waited for her return. Her cheeks flushed, and her expression was one of determination. "I understand that what I did was careless. I violated protocol on…" It was then that she thought back to what Travis had told her, finally finding her answer and repeating it back to the leader. "…six different accounts. But despite all that, I'm not going to stand here and tell you I'm sorry, because I'm not. If I felt that what I did was wrong, I would apologize, but in my heart, I know I was right, and I can only hope that you come to see that." With that, she nodded at him before turning and walking to Travis' side. She kneeled, getting at eye level with him.

"Hey. I just wanted to let you know that what you did…it was really cool. Admirable even." The blonde flashed the Smeargle morph a petit smile before continuing. "And, I know that I wasn't…well, I wasn't any help at all, but…I just wanted to say thanks. For including me. Even if you'd only intended for me to be a pawn in your plan, it still felt good to be needed for something. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed Shinx begin to fidget, obviously tired of waiting. "I've gotta get back to him. I have some…things I need to ask him. About…Volkner." She looked down before reaffixing her eyes upon Travis. "But anytime you need my help, I'll be glad to do whatever I can." Before standing, she placed the handcuffs in Travis' lap, finally getting up and going back to the Shinx morph.

"That took you long enough," he said with a sigh. "I was getting ready to leave." Briefly, Cecily wondered if she shouldn't have kept the handcuffs for use on the boy, but she quickly dismissed the thought.

"I told you, I had some things to attend to." Pausing, she swept her platinum blonde hair up into a high ponytail, her bangs remaining plastered against her face. Despite being dirty from the mission, she still looked cute. "Now, I'm all yours. Because you need to tell me about Volkner. Everything you know about Volkner." Reaching up, she grabbed the boy's ear and pulled him along, eliciting a small yelp from the Shinx morph. He clenched his amber eyes tightly, allowing the girl to drag him a ways before arriving at a coffee shop. The early-morning attendees stared at the two (a few eyes lingered quite heavily on both their tails) as they walked in and settled into a nearby table.

"It's…Eric, right?" The Shinx morph gave her an amused nod, clearly pleased that she had remembered his name. "Now…do you know what Pokémon he's fused with?" Eric shook his head.

"No, I left before the majority of the fusion stuff began, so I can't be any help there. In fact, there were two others who were fused after you, and I left shortly after that. If I had to guess, though, I'd say either his Raichu or his Luxray, since he seemed to favor those two, but I can't really be sure." He frowned, giving her a pensive stare. "I will tell you that when you left, he was not at all happy." His words brought an amused grin to the Pachirisu's face, reveling in the fact that her departure had drove Volkner crazy. Her mood quickly changed, however.

"Oh…um…does he…does he have a girlfriend, by any chance?" she asked hesitantly.

"No, he was upset when you left, but he didn't seek out anyone else. I would assume he became preoccupied with power, but I wouldn't rule out the fact that he missed you, either." Eric offered up a melancholy smile. "After all, despite his somewhat tyrannical behavior towards the end, there was still something human about him. He wasn't like Surge, he was more…" He paused, searching for the right thing to say. "It was more like he was just going through the motions, like his heart wasn't in it." He grinned. "I'd say he missed you, Cess." The blonde rolled her eyes and scoffed at his comment.

She sure as hell hoped so.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Clove…" He heard a voice call, pulling him to the side of the group. "I understand that what I did was careless. I violated protocol on…" She paused for a second, obviously doing calculations "…six different accounts. But despite all that, I'm not going to stand here and tell you I'm sorry, because I'm not. If I felt that what I did was wrong, I would apologize, but in my heart, I know I was right, and I can only hope that you come to see that."

Clove sighed at her words as she walked to talk to a Shinx. He inhaled deeply, definitely frustrated with her antics. He patiently awaited her to finish her conversation, crossing his arms and tapping on his on his elbow with his fingertips. When she finished he walked over quietly, without saying a word he walked her to a small clearing and spun her around fast. Her typical look spread across her face, Clove wasn't one to take crap from anyone. He opened his palm, and gave a slap across her face.

*SMACK*

"I'll let that settle in for a second." He said to her coldly "You think you've got every little detail of whats going on planned out don't you. Emotions are going to be the best way to go and doing whats in your heart and what you 'know' was right. People are DYING Cecily. The sooner you realize how serious this is, the better. This isn't a god damn high school, Cecily, and i don't give a damn whats in your heart. Your naivety is going to get you and everyone around you killed. You think I don't know what Travis did or what he's capable of? I wasn't placed in charge of this team because i'm an idiot. Without my clearance Travis wouldn't have even gotten to fight him one on one. I put my job on the line in order to let him pull that ridiculous stunt. Start looking at the whole situation before you keep 'following your heart'. And don't ever mistake my kindness for ignorance again. Get out of my sight" He finished spinning around without waiting or expecting an answer and heading towards the shoreline.

He arrived at the beach walking slowly to its edges as the water rushed over his shoes before retreating back into the sea. The sea breeze blew around him with the morning air. He plopped into the sand and laid on his back, looking at the blue sky. He folded his arms behind his head a closed his eyes as he listened to the gentle lapping of the waves. He began talking aloud to himself in the peace of the silence.

"Emotions....who am i to preach about emotions. We'll be at Celadon soon and I don't even know what i'll do then. *sigh* Erica.... What am I suppose to do. You put me in a really crappy spot...But I guess until then i still have the others to worry about. Sabrina stands between me and you. I'm willing to take her down myself in order to get to you. I just need to talk to you... why did you join them....ugh... Erica....why..."

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • The fall was a long one. The 100K volts Brad had took had really been like a kick in the crotch multiplied infinitely. Brad's nervous system was shot, and almost immediately, he went unconscious. Almost dead, he melted his way through the roof of the building, and lay on the floor. However, his unconsciousness was not all silence. A few choice words permeated his zapped brain. The first belonged to Surge, who said he wanted to retake an old subordinate. Brad, or rather, his subconscious, reasoned that Surge was the vaunted Nine Star General- Brad himself was a seven star, and the second person to ever do so. His destruction of Orre with his beloved Letter Force earned him that. Since SCOEIA had the first morphs, Surge brought it into the rest of the regions, with Blaine building new machines. Brad's subconscious also worried: the cat was out of the bag about his past. He couldn't remain completely secret, but he would only tell his most trusted comrades on the team, meaning the veterans. The second voice belonged to a weakened Travis, pleading for someone to take out an unconscious Surge. The third and final voice belonged to Plum, the fourth veteran. She was commanding the other bystanders to help Travis and kill Surge, while she herself dragged Omega to safety. Brad would have to thank Plum. He then drifted back to sleep, and woke up later, in front of most of the team.

"Huh... was I out?" asked Brad sleepily. "I heard voices. Plum, I know you heard Surge during the battle- his and yours were some of the voices. Come with me." Brad said quietly. Brad meandered a little bit away from the group, and revealed his secret. He could confide in Plum- she was a good enough person not to tell such a dark past to everyone.

"Look. I have many things to say. First, thank you. For dragging me out. I truly appreciate it." Brad said calmly, with a polite tone not often seen in his voice. "Second, I might as well tell about my past. I was a trainer until 14, but then... I joined a military organization tied to the governments of all four regions, before their overthrow. Until turning 18, I served in a group called the Letter Force. I was their commander, and this is where Omega comes from. My real name- and don't tell anyone else- was Bradley Matthews VII. It still is. In the Letter Force, in the group called SCOEIA, or Supreme Covert Operations, Espionage and Intelligence Agency, I helped invade Orre. It is common knowledge that Orre is a ruined land, filled with crime and hate and anguish. It wasn't always that way." Brad said long-windedly. His tone turned to calm, to informal, and with a tinge of ominousness at the end. He returned to speaking. "I was ordered, along with my 29 fellow morphed agents, to attack Orre. The attack was ordered on intel that said Orre wanted to take possessions like the Whirl Islands, Cianwood, and the Sevii Islands. So I went. I killed. I battled. I burned, pillaged and destroyed. And I lost any disconcertion towards battle. I am still haunted by one of my agents' death. When we found her corpse, it had half-decomposed. She had been raped. Burned, stabbed. The image shocked me, and I learned to obey and kill. When I got back, SCOEIA was disbanded due to internal struggle. Even the Letter Force disbanded. I am still in contact with all of the old members with any prowess. The weaker echelon separated out. I assume they found new homes, new lives, or death. Anyways, that is my past. I never knew why PLF didn't notice that the years from 14 to 18 were missing. I am not a bad person- my group was provoked, and lives were saved. Most civilians were evacuated. They now live in the Sevii Islands, happier." This time, his story was said with a bit of sadness, regret, a harrowing tone. His red eyes burned with sadness of his tale, with nightmares that never went dormant. His face was bent into a solemn gaze, his head bent downward.

"I hope that you do not think I am a monster- I did not kill any innocents. People who do that are absolute monsters. Goodbye- I'm off to find the liquor store." Brad tried to sound convincing, but his social skills were rusty. He walked away, and hoped that Plum could keep his secret. It seems amazing, considering his personality, but Brad trusted Plum. He actually trusted someone.

OOC:

Well, I posted. And I actually made use of social dialogue. Yeah... Brad needs more alcohol. It heals him, and tastes great! (To him. I don't drink.)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Travis slipped up behind Clove, who had snuck off to the beach for a few moments in order to meditate. Or something. Travis wasn't at all sure WHAT the Smeargle was actually doing. He just knew it involved sitting on the ground and muttering something about "Sabrina" and "Erica, why....?". Travis sighed. He had recovered fairly quickly after his battle with Surge, after downing an emergency ration of hyper-potion. It was his last one, and he hadn't meant to use it until he was on the brink of death and had no other choice, but it couldn't be helped. Even if the team had the day to rest, he wanted to be functional. Surge's guards were still in the city, and who knew how long it would be before they showed up and started asking questions? Travis felt nervous about the prospect of taking on an army- that was Omega's job usually, and Omega wasn't quite at his best at the moment. Instead of waiting around for a surprise attack, Travis decided to follow Clove at a distance- he wanted to wait until his old buddy in arms was alone before he said what he had on his mind. It was for this reason that Travis didn't intervene immediately when Clove slapped Cecily, leaving a mark on the young Pachirisu's face. He felt guilty, but there was no helping it. What he had to say was for Clove's ears only.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, tapping Clove's shoulder lightly as he sank into the sand next to his friend. "I'm not quite in the mood for a drinking party with Omega, and spending time with Plum is kind of like hanging out around a living buzz-saw." It was half-true: Travis didn't particularly want to hang out with either of the two, and barring the other newbies that was his only option. He flopped down beside the Cacturne morph with a self-satisfied grin. "You know, you were really too hard on poor Cecily. I told her that what we were doing was against regulations, and I guess she thought that meant you didn't know. I really was planning to go behind your back anyway. It was only luck that Surge showed up the way he did." He sighed, scratching his head. "But, you know, now that Surge is gone, I wonder if I really have a reason to stay in the PLF. I mean, I know I said that I'd kill the gym leaders for what they did..." he paused, lost in his thoughts for a moment, then changed the subject. "Say, what about Erika? I know that normally we'd have to go through Saffron to fight her, but that's gonna be kind of problematic. They say that before she changed, Sabrina was the strongest Kanto leader, y'know. Wouldn't it be better to double through Cerulean and take Misty down first? We can get access to Rock Tunnel that way."

A wave broke just outside the shore, causing Travis to smile in admiration. "Vermillion really is beautiful, right? Reminds me of back home..." he mused. "I wonder what Mom and Dad are doing right now..."

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
  • OOC: sorry this post is not that long my others will be longer, i just didnt want to bunny anyones characters with the introductions or anything.
    IC:"PLF Headquarters. Commander Clove reporting in from the Kanto unit. The plan hit some snags but was completed at sunrise just as anticipated. Surge has been captured alive. I'll need a Class S morph containment team and make it snappy. I don't want another one getting away. Medic team is going to be un necessary as well. Also as of now, the Kanto Liberation Force...." echoed the transmitter given to the Nidoking morph as he turned down the sound and started to get ready to leave the head quarters.

"Ezekiel, are you ready to be deployed and start your mission to aid the Kanto units attempts to subdue Kanto's corrupt gym leaders?" said a deep voice from behind the Nidoking morph. "Yeah, so...am i going to be briefed now or later on the current situation?" asked the Nidoking morph dazing out in thought. "Later, as of now the Kanto unit is waiting for us on the beach in Vermillion city so we can take their captive. Commander Clove said theyre taking the rest of the day off so we are unaware of the next destination, whether it be Cerulean, Celadon or Saffron is unclear. The main priorty is to get you allied with your unit and apprehend the captive gym leader. I will escort you to the containment units vehicle now for deportation".

As the Nidoking morph sat in the vehicle deporting from Headquarters to the beach in Vermillion he stared out the window, lost in thought. "I cant believe all this is happening so fast..just two days ago me and Dante were our own beings and now we are fused, and being deployed for war. Whatever thought, its for the sake of Kanto and Avelyn" thought Ezekiel to himself. "This really is gonna be something to deal with, i just hope we can handle this Dante...i believe in you and your strength i always have.."

The vehicle entered Vermillion city headed towards the beach. Sifting through the sand like a rattlesnake in the dessert, It came to a sudden stop. "Lets go Ezekiel, its time to meet up with your commander and the rest of your unit". "Damn, where here already?..Oh well..time to meet the others...lets just hope theyre all not arrogant." thought Ezekiel.

He stepped out of the vehicle and started to walk through the sands towards the other morphs. He saw a Cacturne morph and a Smeargle morph sitting next to eachother in the sand isolated from the other morphs. Assuming the other 2 morphs wanted some privacy to do whatever they were doing, he walked towards the group of other morphs to introduce himself. "Where is surge?" asked a member of the containment unit in the distance, as he continued to approach the group.

"Hello, Im Ezekiel, im a new addition to the unit." said Ezekiel calmly but with a hint of nervousness in his voice as he approached the others.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Before she could receive any input from the group, Omega pulled her to the side at which he pointed out that he had heard her voice among others during the sturggle against Surge. Seeing the Charizard-morph's more docile side as he started to thank her, Plum couldn't help but grin. Of course, as he continued to explain his past, she could feel her attention slipping but not because he was boring or anything like that but because she had an incredibly short attention span. However, considering it was Omega, she forced herself to listen, with a few "ohh"s and "uh"s in between pauses. By the end of his recount, she had learnt quite a bit about his past that she could otherwise never have found out through some case report or biography, these were his own personal confessions. Thus, being the only one to hear such emotion coming from the Charizard-morph, made her happy.

As he finished justifying his case, the older teen made way to leave, stating he would be running an errand by the nearest liquor store before regrouping. But before he could take off, the Scyther-morph quickly ran up behind him, locked her left arm around his neck and punched him hard on the head, a broad and cheeky smile spreading her lips.

"Listen Omega-chan," Plum started in a matter-of-factly tone, casually hanging off the larger Morph's back as if it was nothing to the boy, "what's happened in the past is past. I'm pretty stupid so I don't understand a lot of things and can only look forward. So as far as I'm concerned, you're not a monster, no matter what happened back in Orre. You're strong and fought for what you believed in, right? You don't have to explain anything, be proud and stop getting all soft on me!"

With that, the Scyther-morph leapt off the Charizard's back, giving him a dangerously supporting smile before making her way back to the group. It was then that she heard the unmistakable sound of flesh hitting flesh. Looking over towards the commotion, she spotted Clove finishing off whatever kind of rant he had been spouting at one of the newbies before turning on his heels and heading off towards the shoreline.

"Oi Clove! Give the Pachu a break!" she shouted, her comment falling on deaf ears. "Geez...what's his problem now?"

Preparing to go over to the Cacturne to give him her own kind of abuse, she was stopped in her tracks by Travis, who swiftly accompanied the leader down to the shore. Huffing out of annoyance that she had lost yet another chance to confront the boy privately, Plum decided to redirect her attention to the victim of his guidance. Striding up to the girl and the still undecided Shinx-morph, she gave the girl known as Cecily a hard stare. Seeing the slight reddening in her cheek from Clove's slap, the brunette heaved a tired sigh as she put her bladed arms on her hips.

"Whatever Clove said..." she started without much emotion, "is right Pachu. Just follow his orders and do what he says. That bastard knows what he's doing and is without a doubt the best agent here...and that's hard for me to admit, so don't piss him off."

Cocking her head, she gave the girl a light smile before finishing, "But if he ever starts to pick on you again, I'll beat the crap out of him, okay?"

Now turning to the awaiting Shinx, the Scyther-morph's expression immediately changed. "And what the hell are you still doing here?" she started, making small waving actions with her hands at the rodent. "Shoo...go away."

Without much more thought, Plum double backed towards the group to the same place she had been dragged away from earlier. Plopping herself down next to Jade before wrapping a casual arm around her socially awkward neck, the Scyther-morph patted the Tyranitar for a late 'job well done'. It was then that a new Morph suddenly appeared before them, bulky in size and covered in what appeared to be external armour.

"Hello, I'm Ezekiel, the new addition to the unit."

Despite his size and appearance, the Nidoking-morph seemed somewhat timid. Of course, just by looking at him, she could tell he'd be a great asset. Now if she ever needed a meat shield during battle, she didn't have to look far.

Sonichero190

Sonic Boom
    Years
  • Reid was frozen from the mouthful of insults thrown at him by Clove because of the mushroom, but shook it off, he knew that it may have tasted bad from being burnt by the explosion, but he didn't know hw would hate it that much....

"So...where you guys from? I'm from Lavender myself."He heard Jade say,

"Viridian..."Reid answered back quietly,

Reid then remembered that he should stock up with some more items.

"I should...after all, they refill us at maximum energy when we eat...they are easier to get than potions." Reid thought about it for a few moments and then started off to Diglett Cave.

As Reid came to the entrance of Diglett Cave, it suddenly started raining out of the blue.

"Odd....it was clear and nice a few seconds ago..."Reid shook off the thought and headed inside the tunnel.

All of a sudden he stepped in something....gooey? Reid looked down to see what he stepped in and saw a stange pile of muck, and then he started to realize....

"Ambush!"The Muk morph raised up and trapping Reid in it's poisonus glop, he felt it cover him almost to his head.

Reid struggled against the morph, but the harder he struggled the woozier he felt,

"Ah! Ah! Ah! Mistress Misty want's you alive, but if you struggle I'll cover you head to toe...and that won't be fun for you will it?"The Muk chuckled, forcing Reid's body to walk.

"Force Palm!"Reid growled fiercely, but all his hand did was pass through the Muk,

"Force Palm! Force Palm! Force Palm!" No matter how much he tried nothing happened.

"That tickles! Why don't you do more than your stupid light trick if you really want to harm me!"The Muk laughed at him,starting to engulf Reid's head.

Reid grinned "You asked for it...."Reid's body started to glow,

"Aura Sphere!" Twos balls appeared from Reid's hand, he then stuffed it into his stomach,

The Muk felt strong pain as it takes the hit, but this didn't harm it, it just made it madder. "That's it! I was gonna take you quietly but now you made me angry!" The morph started covering Reid's mouth,

Reid felt woozy and started feeling tired, he fell into deep sleep quickly,

Reid's body stiffly was forced out the other end of Diglett Cave and neared Cerulean City.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    "Mind if I join you?" a voice from above Clove came softly. His eyes wandered to the sky to see Travis taking a seat next to him. I'm not quite in the mood for a drinking party with Omega, and spending time with Plum is kind of like hanging out around a living buzz-saw."

Clove winced at the sound of Plum's name. He could have almost forgotten that the PLF assigned her to his team. If anyone knew how ridiculous she was when it came to any situation, it was Clove. Travis continued to talk about Cecily and the little plan the two of them had.

"Travis... We're friends, and you know that. You don't have to go behind my back to do these things and I know perfectly well that you're capable of handling yourself. But you're bringing fresh recruits into this isn't what i wanted. We have a strong team... a really strong team, theres no denying that. They were all exceptional trainers and perform even better synced with their partners. But raw fighting talent isn't a substitute for good judgment. This isn't just defeating gym leaders, this is a war. A war which we're definitely the under dogs. I didn't mean to be hard on Cecily, i just worry about the team and their safety. If anything were to happen to anyone on the force I don't know what I'd do." Clove said calmly as he looked out over the water.

The two sat in silence for a while before Travis piped up again. "Say, what about Erika? I know that normally we'd have to go through Saffron to fight her, but that's gonna be kind of problematic. They say that before she changed, Sabrina was the strongest Kanto leader, y'know. Wouldn't it be better to double through Cerulean and take Misty down first? We can get access to Rock Tunnel that way." Travis had clearly been thinking about this for a while which was a relief to Clove that he was at least taking the situation seriously. Clove couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh at the mention of Erica. He didn't respond for long time as memories of her face and old times at the gym flooded his mind.

Vermillion really is beautiful, right? Reminds me of back home..." he mused. "I wonder what Mom and Dad are doing right now..."

Clove chuckled at the sudden change of topic. Travis seemed ot know the right things to say. Clove recollected his thoughts and sat up, leaning forward on his knees.

"We aren't going around. Leaving Sabrina for later is just going to leave us tired when we fight her. We're heading straight north in the morning. Taking out Sabrina is going to open their eyes and take out a massive pillar of power in Kanto. Although... I'm a little worried. I checked the files we have on Saffron city and our eye in the sky satellite." He paused for a second and returned to a serious look on his face. "Don't tell the others yet...but we're in for a fight. Sabrina managed to block our visuals using a massive psychic barrier around the city as soon as news reached saffron of Vermillion's downfall. Her power has gotten immeasurable and she's growing stronger..."

Clove hated to give the gloomy news but he had to share it with someone. Exactly what they were getting themselves into.

"We'll need to move extra careful... her strength is frightening. The labs have calculated her powers in measure to normal pokemon. Although only two attacks have been confirmed from her from spies. Hyper Beam and Focus Blast... not two things i want to run against. In mathematical terms, her focus blast has been condensed to the equivalent of 10 atmospheres of pressure in a 3 foot ball... and her Hyper Beam...*sigh*" He paused for a moment as he let the information sink in once again for himself. "The strongest hyper beam ever recorded was from Lance's Gyarados 5 years ago during the last pokemon league tournament. It had enough force to shatter an Aggron's protect in the blink of an eye and plaster the pokemon in a 200 foot crater in the side of a mountain 5 miles away...The PLF measured Sabrina's' at roughly 10 times that, much stronger than my Solar Beam... They gym leaders are preparing themselves for us, Travis. These fights aren't going to be as easy, and they're playing for keeps now..." Clove was trying his best to mask his fear of fighting type attacks, especially one of the magnitude but knew he probably wasn't fooling Travis in the slightest. Suddenly and without warning, a thick rain covered the city and began to come down in sheets.

"Wasn't it just perfectly sunny a moment ago?" Clove wondered aloud. He quickly stood up, turning to the team. The new recruit had arrived with the containment team. The leader of the team rushed to Clove almost on cue, giving him a debriefing of the situation.

"Sir, we have contained Surge and proper procedure has been taken to make sure he stays powerless. We'll be leaving now. New recruit, Ezekiel. He's in your care sir, I know you wont let him down." The man finished his debriefing with a salute and left to the containment vehicle. As they left Clove called to the team.

"Hey team! Lets get out of this rain and find an inn we can stay at for the night. We've got a lot of planning to do, anyone who isn't here right now we can call on communicator when we find a place." He said as he approached the team with thick water droplets pounding down on them. He turned to the armor clad recruit who had just joined them. "Ezekiel was it? Welcome to the PLF Strike Force. I'm your commander, Clove. Nice to meet you, now lets get outta this rain, shall we?"

Last edited:

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
  • "Hello, I'm Ezekiel, the new addition to the unit."
    Jade had been somewhat of a failure when she tried to conjure up conversation and so turned eagerly to this unfamiliar voice. A Nidoking, she smiled. "Hey there!" she popped up from her gloom, "I'm Jade. Nice to meet you." It would be nice to have another bulky Morph on the team; she hadn't really connected with any of her teammates and she hoped that maybe she could find a friend in this Nidoking Morph amongst this chaos.

It began to rain. She hoped it wasn't an omen. "Hey team! Lets get out of this rain and find an inn we can stay at for the night. We've got a lot of planning to do, anyone who isn't here right now we can call on communicator when we find a place," Clove chimed from behind, Travis following close. He, too, greeted the new recruit. She began to follow her leader but tried to stay in the back of the crowd; she needed to think.

This entire thing really got her mind realing. I've never been this close to death before, she thought to herself. It was only figurative but that last fight with the Ampharos had woken her mind to a morbid reality. Slowly she took out her communicator. At first she only stared at it but as the tears began to invade her eyelids she started dialing. Her eyes were closed as the phone rang; it seemed like eternity passed before someone finally picked up the phone.
    "Hello?"
    Her eyes opened, a tear managing to escape, and her heart beat stopped. She couldn't find words.
    "Hello?" the sweet voice spoiled her ear drums and she felt herself falling in love all over again.
    "Hey Oliver" she finally managed. The one she left at home; the one she was fighting to protect; the one she loved more than anything.
    "Jade?" his voice cracked and she couldn't help but laugh at his innocence; so pure for a 17 year old young man.
    "Yeah. Hey, I...." she searched for words, "I needed to hear your voice again," she confessed honestly.
    "It is nice to hear yours. Oh, God, I've missed you so much," he also confessed. "Are you hurt?" Oliver asked, suddenly panicked.
    "No," she lied, just then noticing a sharp pain in her forehead, "I'm fine."
    "Jade, when are you coming home?"
    Her heart ached at his longing, "I don't know Oliver. I mean, if we keep getting lucky like we have been then maybe soon. I just don't know."
    He sighed and she could practically see his pout in the other end of the line. "Oh," was all he could manage.
    "Look, I dunno if I'm even supposed to be calling you on this thing so...."
    "I love you."
    Her tears finally won and she didn't have the strength to wipe them away. "I love you too"
    "Stay strong, Jade. You're all I got," and the call was disconnected.
    You're all I got too
    She finally wiped her tears with her rough skinned hands, hoping her teammates didn't see her crying.

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • Plum listened intently as Brad did the impossible- poured emotion out. His facade was flawless- everyone, even Travis, Clove, the clever ones, bought the fact that he was a reckless, drunken idiot who fights with big explosions and mass murder. His real personality was kept under wraps- he was much more elegant than what everyone saw. Before Brad could leave, Plum got him in a headlock of sorts, and replied to his secret. Brad had wanted to bond- he had always yearned for some companions after he lost constant contact with his Letter Force comrades- and it looks like he may have accomplished it. Plum talked in a matter-of-fact tone, and she was somewhat open to admission that she was not the sharpest scythe in the field. But she sounded comforting.

"Listen, Omega-chan, what's happened in the past is past. I'm pretty stupid so I don't understand a lot of things and can only look forward. So as far as I'm concerned, you're not a monster, no matter what happened back in Orre. You're strong and fought for what you believed in, right? You don't have to explain anything, be proud and stop getting all soft on me!" Plum said. Brad then flew off, contemplating the comment.

"I never thought I was a monster. I just need their trust and friendship- genocide isn't usually well recieved. At least I only killed evil with evil... I'm glad Plum is around. She doesn't need explanations, elaboration... I guess simplicity is beauty in some cases..." Brad thought. His thoughts were sometimes gentle, but years of death and gore had hardened his mind. He flew through Vermillion, but no liquor store could be found. He decided to just go flying. He loved flying, the air rushing past him, the serene sky acting as a calm counterbalance to the turbulent tangle of facades and secrets that he lay immersed in. Brad just flew. He then saw a familiar shape- the S.S. Anne. It was docked in a cove, in disrepair. Brad flew in, his sunglasses on his eyes. His fedora and what little alchohol he had left was in his bag, which he kept on his leg. He had left it for the battle, but had gotten right before Rotom. He raided the cruise ship, stocked with the best cognac, bourbon, brandy, champagne, and vodka the world had. It was all in great condition, still fresh, and at the best caliber. By his age, Brad was a connosieur of alcohol- an alcohol snob, if you will. In the same room, he found a torn poster. On it was a reminder of his past, 8 years prior.

"Come see the worlds best battle of wits! Sabrina vs. World Champion Brad Matthews- who is smarter? Who shall win? It's the chess match of the century!"

It was an old reminder. Brad was shocked, but also nostalgic. On that ship, he not only beat Sabrina in chess, he beat her in battle, and his Charizard even survived her Hyper Beam- by the skin of his teeth. Brad loved chess- a game of strategy, the best military game in history. Such an elegant game, Brad thought. He knew Sabrina hadn't played since him- no one else was a match for either of them. Brad awaited fighting Sabrina again. The nostalgia was staggering. However, as the memories of chess started, so did the rain. Brads elegant, chess-playing side would have to lay dormant just a little longer.

Everyone was gathered, including a new rookie. Brad immediately assumed the disguise of his rash, arrogant form once more. The facade could not crack, or a chasm of secrets would burst. Brad pulled out his cup, a crystal skull with no scalp. He had found the skull in Orre, and, fascinated, he brought it home, and found it made a great glass for bourbon, brandy, cognac and vodka. He poured the bourbon, and drank. The energy felt great.

OOC: Yes, I know, Brad is supposed to be a lone rider. And he is. But every needs bonding, and besides- looks aren't always what they seem...

Sonichero190

Sonic Boom
    Years
  • Reid woke up to find himself on a small isle in the middle of a big pool, inside the pool was so many water type morphs, he couldn't even count.

"How do you like my gym?"A female voice said,

Reid heard the voice echo through the room, he looked around to come face to face with a woman with Starmie-like features, the most notable was that most of her body was covered with a thick gray shell except fror her head and she had a giant red gem at the middle of her chest.

"I am Gym Leader Misty, and you must be part of the group that's trying to get rid of me and the rest of the gym leaders aren't you?"The Gym leader said smirking,

Reid sneered and then looked towards the door, if he could just...

"You think you're gonna be able to get out thateasy? All of the morphs in the pool will tear you up before you get close!"Misty laughed, noticing Reid look at his only chance for escape,

Reid just looked down into the pool to see that there were many water types swimming around, he saw that people could even morph with the biggest of pokemon, which really wasn't going to help him,

"Now what should I do first....interrogate you? Or torture you? I'll be thinking about that tomorrow..right now I better get some sleep...bye idiot!"Misty said cheerfully and walked off, leaving Reid alone with a pack of Sharpedo circling around his small isle.

"Damn....I should of seen it coming...Should I show my sorry face to anyone after this?"Reid pulled out a communicator that was somehow left unharmed. Reid stared at the electrical device with unease and looked around to make sure no one saw, and then turned on the link and sent a message.

"Attention...I got stuck in a dilemma...I am-"Reid suddenly felt a strong blast of water soak his communicator and smash it into a wall, he stared at the Sharpedo below him. The Sharpedo then did another strong blast, soaking Reid.

"This sucks....."Reid sighed deeply and started to think up a plan to get the hell out of this gym.

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
  • "Hey there! Im Jade. Nice to meet you." said the Tyrannitar morph all of a sudden and it kind of shocked him because he didnt expect the first person to respond to be a Tyrannitar morph, he thought she would be more rugged. "Nice to meet you all too, Im a nice person despite my appearence seeing as im fused with a Nidoking. Me and Dante...we are nice people we just like to protect our friends and stuff, so if anyone was wondering if im unfriendly or arrogant im not, only saying this because i wouldnt like to get off on the wrong foot with anyone here"said Ezekiel back to the group smiling reassuringly.

It started to rain as the rougher looking Cacturne-morph walked up and introduced himself. "Ezekiel was it? Welcome to the PLF Strike Force. I'm your commander, Clove. Nice to meet you, now lets get outta this rain, shall we?"said the Cacturne morph. "Nice to meet you too, ill try my best not to let you down.." replied Ezekiel as they started walking to the town. "Yeah sounds like a good idea, im not a big fan of the rain" he added.

After being greeted by his team members they started to head back into the city because it started raining.

If i heard correctly, Clove said we were going straight to Saffron city next..perfect way to start out, the psychic morphs in that city are going to be a problem thought Ezekiel to himself as he walked back into the town with the unit.

He looked back and saw that the tyrannitar-morph known as jade was trailing behind the group and was trying to cover up the fact that she was crying. He thought about it for a moment "ehh, she probably doesnt want to be bothered right now.." but decided to trail behind a bit just so the tyrannitar morph and him walked side by side so he can ask anyway.

"Rough day huh?" he asked quietly. When he didnt recieve an answer he decided to take a chance and ask the question he really wanted to ask. "Hey, im not trying to be nosey or anything..but is there anything you want to talk about? im here if you need someone to talk to" he asked in a calm, quiet, and friendly tone while smiling lightly.

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
  • "Rough day huh?"
    Jade was shaken from her crying frenzy by a concerned voice next to her. She had been so caught up in her thoughts that she hadn't even noticed the new recruit make his way stealthily toward her. She didn't know what to say but wiped her tears out of embarassment.
    "Hey, I'm not trying to be nosey or anything..but is there anything you want to talk about? I'm here if you need someone to talk to" he asked in a calm, quiet, and friendly tone while smiling lightly.

She shrugged, putting on a smile, "Thanks, it has been a rough day. I'm just..." Jade's voice cracked and she tried to stop any more tears, "We're heading to Saffron next and it's right next to my home town, so I'm just a little worried about someone I care about. He's a major reason I even joined the PLF. I didn't want to start a life with him yet if it meant living in this madness," she gestured around them at the rubble, "But I'm also here because if there's anything in this world I can't stand it's selfish, power hungry tyrants ruining everyone else's lives, you know? Injustice is disgusting." Jade clenched her fists. "It's what keeps me going," she confessed and left it at that, not wanting to talk Ezekiel's ear off.

Why is everyone else here? What gave them the initiative to morph, changing their lives forever, to save the lives of an entire nation? Four entire nations?! Did they leave someone at home, too? Were they betrayed? Is it revenge?
    She glanced over at Travis as she thought this. Jade was exhausted but if there was anything she'd never run out of, it was determination.

OOC: hahaha, sorry about my extra cheesy posts. I'm just in this weird, 'cheesy-narrative', mood. Forgive me? Please? =D

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • CRASH

..zzzt..

The Riachu morph sent a strained bolt at the base of the lightning rod. Since the lightning rod would only absorb the electric, he directed it at the base. Hopefully it would work, Denx thought. It stood there for a second, the supports crisped as could be. It still wouldn't come down. He walked up to it, and kick the fried supports. As planned, they crumbled into dust and came down with a crash. The lightning rod came out by itself, popping out from the impact. He grabbed it. Fairly long, he thought, must be at least twenty feet. It was pretty heavy, too. He grabbed it, and started to run toward the edge of the building. The rod stuck into the ceiling, and Denx lifted off the ground. He arcked through the air, and slammed down on a building across the boulevard down below. This building actually had a fire escape.

Running down and finally reaching the ground, he stopped and wiped off a sweat.

"Whew.. I'm getting pretty good at this mid-air crap.." he huffed grumpily. He went to the front of the gym, but no one was there. He circled around, but still no one. His eye stung for a second, and Denx recoiled. A rain drop had hit him in the face. He couldn't feel the rain, but he could certainly see it now that he was reminded. He was so tired that his senses were nullified. He walked like a zombie down the alley behind the gym. There was no one here, definitely. He went back out front to investigate what happened, but the scene was just a huge blur. He was too tired to comprehend much. From Viridian to here, he had only gotten a minute of sleep. It didn't help he hardly got any sleep the night before meeting up with the PLF. He doubled over, holding his stomach. It started to ache horribly.

That damned mushroom and doughnut really don't mix He thought to himself.

He sat there with his hands over his stomach, and the pain miraculously vanished. He got up slowly, and stepped into the empty gym. The lights were still on, blaring down on an obvious battle scene. The lights vanished for a split second, then returned. He turned around, but there was no one messing with the light controls. They were off for a second, then on. This time, he found himself on the floor, sprawled out and head throbbing. He must've fallen, he thought. He must be losing conscious. He sat up, but came down when the pain in his stomach came back.

It wouldn't be stress.. I don't believe. What the-- ow..

He groaned. He couldn't get up, couldn't move, couldn't yell. He laid there, staring at the ceiling with intense pain.

"I need an Aspirin.." he said aloud. He gathered energy, and stood up. "Or an Aleve.. Tylenol would work well, too.." he struck up a conversation with himself.

"Even a no named brand.. *grunt* ..That hurts.." he was walking. He didn't like that gym. He was staring straight ahead, when a transparent figure stood there. It was the Riachu he morphed with.

"Denkaa, what are you doing here?" he yelled. "I thought you were a part of me, now! Get back in me!" he yelled furiously. "Oh, I can't stay mad at you.." he said, holding his arms wide, expecting a hug from it. Finally, he fell over unconscious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back