• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
  • what: description of what palates are being selected instead of just numbers
    what:ability to open d/p/p?

the first thing i do not understand...

sorry it is ADVANCEMap not DPMap^^

What: GBC Compatibility
    Description: Make Advance Map compatible with R/B/G/Y & G/S/C. It will be great to have Gold Map and Advance Map together.
    Importance: -1=Super Important

sorry it is ADVANCEMap not Gold-/Poke-Map^^

and it wouldn't make any sense:
    1st there are other tools that can edit them
    2nd the most people hack only one version
    3th no one could handle all this different data structures in on program.
    i have problem in AM already because there are so many things in it.....

greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Almost all these things people posted would be a whole different project/are impossible.

One thing that is confusing to me is the animated tiles. I know how to edit them with UzGBA or whatever it's called but when you edit them in AM it can get hairy. Maybe a menu for the animated tile editor, or more simply a window showing which tiles have animations, and which blocks they use in sequence, etc.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Almost all these things people posted would be a whole different project/are impossible.

One thing that is confusing to me is the animated tiles. I know how to edit them with UzGBA or whatever it's called but when you edit them in AM it can get hairy. Maybe a menu for the animated tile editor, or more simply a window showing which tiles have animations, and which blocks they use in sequence, etc.

Yes of course, some things are not Possible or are things for a other Tool.
    And some Questions like the DP or GB/GBC questions came 5-10 times...
    But between this ones there are always good ideas, which i can use for next/over next release.

the Animating thing would be in a separate Window...

the last part of your post seams to be a good idea, but i do not understand it correct:
    Maybe a menu for the animated tile editor, or more simply a window showing which tiles have animations, and which blocks they use in sequence, etc.

can u please describe it more?

greetz LU-HO

Years
  • What: Tutorial
    Description: Optional Tutorial to access at anytime to explain how to use advanced map
    Importance: 1

What: Movement Permissions Key
    Description: A Notepad file included in the program's zipped folder explaining what each of the Movement Permissions do or mean
    Importance: 3

What: Solid Items
    Description: Have solid items from a menu to choose to put on the map at anytime with movement permissions automatically put in so you don't have to draw whole things over and over
    Importance: 10

What: Editor Options
    Description: Highlight pieces on the map to copy, cut, move, paste, or delete
    Importance: 7

Years
  • What:tile search function
    Description: sometimes I want to edit a tileset but I'm afraid it may infuence other map. So can you add a tileset and tile search function to search the whole rom and show which map contain the tile?
    Importance: 5

By the way, it's better to show the tile's behaviour information in the status bar, bucause some tiles are similar and I have to see them in tile editor to see what are different by the behaviour information.

Last edited:

Larsie13

What: Limit People Event No to 254 instead of 255.
    Description: Now, you can give an OW a people event no of 255 (FF), but that's the people number for the hero, so you wouldn't be able to do anything with that person.
    Importance: 10 (Nice to have).

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • What: Editor Options
    Description: Highlight pieces on the map to copy, cut, move, paste, or delete
    Importance: 7

I am going to have to add to this, by saying that this would be a great addition to A-Map, since I often forget that CTRL+Right click-Drag makes the grosser block, so a function like this would be great, and I would like to add that a more in depth fill function would be nice.
    For instance:
    Example:
    Highlight the blocks you wish to fill, select the fill time, and the entire highlighted area would be filled with the selected tile.

I want to bump this features importance from 7 to 4
    Importance: 4/10

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Well I have another idea:
    you can select (in advance map) to see alternate names for the music (under the header called "header") to what they were called in past games ie: in r/s the music called oceanic museam can be switched to s.s.anne and in fr/lg the one called water labyrinth can be switched to being called lake of rage.

importance:
    9/10
    (10 is lowest, right?)
    Reason: some people might not remember the "new" name that the music has, but remember the old name it had.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Well I have another idea:
    you can select (in advance map) to see alternate names for the music (under the header called "header") to what they were called in past games ie: in r/s the music called oceanic museam can be switched to s.s.anne and in fr/lg the one called water labyrinth can be switched to being called lake of rage.

importance:
    9/10
    (10 is lowest, right?)
    Reason: some people might not remember the "new" name that the music has, but remember the old name it had.

The music names where send me form a user, and i integrate them.
    everyone can change the titles of all music in the "ini/musik_en.ini" file.

Years
  • something I noticed is that in the Events tab you can't make flight positions

What: Make Flight Positions
    Description: Be able to make flight positions so if you wish to add a town or make a place that has importance to give a flight position for going there more conveniently
    Importance: 4

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    something I noticed is that in the Events tab you can't make flight positions

What: Make Flight Positions
    Description: Be able to make flight positions so if you wish to add a town or make a place that has importance to give a flight position for going there more conveniently

i agree with this, i had thought you could, but i just checked and you cant

anyway my idea:
    What: a block rotater
    description: rotates tiles (would be in block editor)
    importance: 5-7

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Yes of course, some things are not Possible or are things for a other Tool.
    And some Questions like the DP or GB/GBC questions came 5-10 times...
    But between this ones there are always good ideas, which i can use for next/over next release.

the Animating thing would be in a separate Window...

the last part of your post seams to be a good idea, but i do not understand it correct:
    Maybe a menu for the animated tile editor, or more simply a window showing which tiles have animations, and which blocks they use in sequence, etc.

can u please describe it more?

greetz LU-HO

Sorry for the vagueness. To put it more simply, an window that either helps edit tile animation. Maybe a function to insert an animation to a particular tile, although I'm not sure that is possible.

Anything that could tell you what blocks are used for each animation would be extremely useful.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • What: Importing png, gif and other popular high quality images in the block editor
    Description: Instead of using a .dib image, you can load a .png or .gif image (or other format that has high quality) into the block editor.
    Cause af far as I know .dib images are paint or windows only, so it's not possible to edit tiles on other operation systems.

An alternate version could is that you are able to draw the tiles within a-map, like ow editor and iconED have.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • i agree with this, i had thought you could, but i just checked and you cant

anyway my idea:
    What: a block rotater
    description: rotates tiles (would be in block editor)
    importance: 5-7

Describe what you mean with "rotates tiles"...
    ever see some thing in the ROM where such a function is used?
    i can only add things that work already in the ROM.

What: Importing png, gif and other popular high quality images in the block editor
    Description: Instead of using a .dib image, you can load a .png or .gif image (or other format that has high quality) into the block editor.
    Cause af far as I know .dib images are paint or windows only, so it's not possible to edit tiles on other operation systems.

An alternate version could is that you are able to draw the tiles within a-map, like ow editor and iconED have.

I Plan a function for other Image formates.
    DIB is the same as BMP.
    Advance Map "work only" on Windows for the moment, therefore...

but i plan also to make it work on Linux/Mac Natively (not by Wine...)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The newer version, AdvanceMapDP, which edits Diamond/Pearl/Platinum maps when possible
    Rating: 10

Map tester- the ability to test a map when you want to, to see if everything is correct.
    Rating: 2

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • The newer version, AdvanceMapDP, which edits Diamond/Pearl/Platinum maps when possible
    Rating: 10

Map tester- the ability to test a map when you want to, to see if everything is correct.
    Rating: 2

Lu-Ho said in a previous post that this is ADVANCE map, not a 4th gen editor, it is a Game Goy ADVANCEd pokemon map editor.
    Sorry

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • I would like the ability to save all the tileset pictures at once to .png, .jpg, or .bmp with the correct palleteor an easer way than one at a time and then having to load the next one sucks if you want all 67 of FR/LG's tilesets example:
    [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

The current way
    : Click this to save the block pallete picture
    #2: This is the block pallete which is limited to to two tile sets at once. so once its save you would have to load new tilesets.

My New way would be: Click Save all Tileset pictures function, then all the tileset pics located on the ROM would be saved with the correct pallet to the selected location so you dont have to save one at a time then load the next ones which takes about an hour for 67 of them if your fast!
    This would be incredible useful to graphic rippers!

Importance: 9.5

liam7653

(o)pokemon scientist(o)
    Years
  • 1)i would like a region map changer
    example:be able to change wat the map looks like with paint
    importance:7/10

2)als0 i would like the ability to repeat 1 tile over and over
    example:like being ble to take a whole tree and being able to place it as one tile
    importance:4/10

3)being able to easily able to insert a tile set
    example:put a whole tileset you made or found and easily add it by finding the tileset in your computer
    importane:3/10

and lastley 4)being able to add a clock and day and night system to any game
    example:you know how fr and lg dont have clocks well what if we could have a clock script available and have a night and day start time editor so pokemon like umbreon and espeon are able to be obtained withought cheating
    importace:5/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back