• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible New Anime Info (BW)

JukainPwns

Bored
    Years
    Pokemon Anime Set to Change?

We might be saying goodbye to Ash and Pikachu and hello to a whole new era...
    According to Japanese site Gigazine, with the release of the 5th gen and Pokémon Black & White, the Anime is set to get a makeover too.

This is not just the usual "ditch the girl, travel to new land, start again" though. This time, the whole series is set for a revamp, with the whole set of characters being replaced!

I've actually been thinking for a while that this series wasn't following the usual patterns, with Ash already having two fully evolved starter Pokémon, with the rest of his team not looking too bad either... Maybe he'll finally become a Pokémon Master this time?

So if Ash and Pikachu are gone, does that mean we need a new mascot for Pokemon?

I know who I'm rooting for.

Article on GamesRadar if you can't read moonspeak and don't wanna take my word for it.

*Update*

Yet more evidence to suggest Ash and co. might be removed from the anime, curtesy of Bulbapedia.

A blog comment by storyboard writer Takahashi has revealed information on the newest Pokémon anime: Black and White. Both Takeshi and Hikari will be left behind, according to the animator. Only the first three episodes were said to have been filmed, so it is impossible to speak for future episodes of the Black and Whiteanime beyond that point.

A translation of the blog post is provided below:

"Finally, filming Pokémon has begun!

It was three episodes of the new series, but it looks like the heroine isn't the main girl from the games.

I went "Huh!?" when I saw the character chart last time, but it really looks like the heroine is an original child. It appears that Takeshi isn't in it, and a new rival character who is similar to Shinji is in it too.

By the way, the heroine is cute but amazing... her hair style is pretty."

-- Takahashi's blog

The current anime series, Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl, will end this fall, with the Grand Festival already finished and the Shin'ō League tournament set to begin July.

I know some of you are strongly against this, but I am soooo glad.

Last edited:

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    What!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It can't be. You are kidding. I don't mind the girl leaving, but Ash, Pikachu, Brock and everyone else can't leave. It is all I have left from when I was younger, besides my DVD's and VHS's. If this is true I might not watch the new series, unless it is worth watching.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ok, don't go blowing things out of portion.
    It didn't even say a thing about Ash.
    He would have, had Ash left or not cuz he's been the main character for 10 years. He just said Brocks gone for three episodes, which we still aren't sure about, cuz he could return at episode four like AG. New girl yup, she sounds intresting. Didn't mention Dawn, but its 90% chance of her leaving, every girl has been switched but than again so much difference has been about her in the series, advertizement wise and Ash and Dawn's Aventures. Don't go, giving people heart attacks man.

Years
    A blog comment by storyboard writer Takahashi has revealed information on the newest Pokémon anime: Black and White. Both Takeshi and Hikari will be left behind, according to the animator. Only the first three episodes were said to have been filmed, so it is impossible to speak for future episodes of the Black and White anime beyond that point.

A translation of the blog post is provided below:

"Finally, filming Pokémon has begun!

It was three episodes of the new series, but it looks like the heroine isn't the main girl from the games.

I went "Huh!?" when I saw the character chart last time, but it really looks like the heroine is an original child. It appears that Takeshi isn't in it, and a new rival character who is similar to Shinji is in it too.

By the way, the heroine is cute but amazing... her hair style is pretty."

-- Takahashi's blog

The current anime series, Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl, will end this fall, with the Grand Festival already finished and the Shin'ō League tournament set to begin July.
    This says nothing about Ash. If it did, this guy would be sure to point it out.

I'm willing to bet money that Ash is still the main character in the BW anime.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    How sad. I feel like two childhood friends are moving away. Oh well. As long as the new cast isn't full of douchebags like the current one, I'm game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It wouldn't happen. They would never make a mistake as great as giving up on Ash.
    Besides, there is little to no evidence that he would leave.
    We only have a little evidence for Brock and Dawn, which is still sad because I didn't want Brock to leave.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    If they introduce a new main character, then they really should try to keep a connection with the old ones, like Ash became a Pokemon master and had a kid, who turns out to be the new main character.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    i bet they keep ash and ditch dawn and brock
    Although id love if they ditched ash

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Considering that the Pokemon League arc is coming next month, it is possible that Ash will win the league this time instead of losing to a rival, then in August we will see him fight the Elite Four followed by Cynthia, which would result in him being the Pokemon master he wanted to be from episode 1 and foward.....

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I think I just may start watching the anime again... Let's just wait until more info is leaked though before I make my decision ;)

Years
    I'm sick of Ash being 10 or 11 see Captain Tsubasa and copy that evolution, you see the first two sagas you see all, is always the same recipe, with the same ingredients cut in others shapes.
    Ash, starts from 1, the Girl from 0, her bike is trashed, Pikachu is knocked out by some lame pokemon after defeating all legendaries, Ash and is pokemon alone save the world and the other lame trainers, then the lame trainers beat Ash.
    Ash think girls stink, female character think boys stink...
    It's stupid if I had a Charizard and other kick ass pokemon why would I ditch them for other lame level 0 pokemon? just for the fun of losing?

Pokemon is on repeat since Johto, Its, cool if you're 11 ou 12 but for me that saw the original saga it's just boring.

Back