• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Pics of Your Collection! (Remeber the Four Word Rule!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2011
    Here's what I've gotten so far. I've been focusing mainly on the black and white series, but I do have some call of legends and HGSS triumphant cards.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    base set, jungle set, fossil set.

My camera quality is ridiculously lame, I'll try to get some pics up when I can but I've FINALLY put together the entire base set from back in the day and I'm only a couple cards away from the entire fossil set, jungle set, and rocket set.
    (I'm not trying to brag, It's just a HUGE accomplishment for me! I've been after these cards my entire 16 years)

But the new B&W cards look pretty cool from what you guys have posted, I should probably start collecting more relevant cards!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • When I was a bit younger, as in about 10, I had over 1,000 cards, with 200+ being holographic cards. That was really impressive for a little kid with not a ton of money. I sold off most of my collection when I was about 12, and I seriously regret it.

Very recently, as in, within the last week, I've gotten into collecting again. I'm collecting the latest generation of Japanese cards and I'll be getting my Victini battle deck within the week, along with 12 packs and quite a few promos. :3

I'll have to do a better count, but I think I might have over 1000 now.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
  • Looking through this thread really makes me want to start collecting again.
    The more I think about collecting, the more I want to facedesk for getting rid of all the cards me and my two brothers collected when we were younger.

We collected them for a rather long period of time too, so needless to say our collection on a whole was pretty impressive.

I regret it so much now .____.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Wow, it's really cool to see everyone's collections! I wish I would have been around to post earlier on this thread and comment. Here are some pics of mine. The photo quality is laughable. Sorry, I'm not a camera owner or a knowing-anything-about-photos guy. The binders are my actual collection organized by generation. It's interesting that gens 3 and 4 take two big binders each and 1 and 2 seem small by comparison. Yes, there is no binder for gen 5! Honestly I collect for the art and I really don't like the design of the new gen. Of course there are thousands more to collect for me in gens 1-4 so it's not like I have nothing to do. The white binder is just random cards I like and scraps of the POP sets, which I sort of collect. The box is not part of the collection, just doubles that I need to sell or give away to other collectors. I've burned through lots more cards and resold them or there would be a few more boxes. I only collect one of each card so I end up keeping a lot less than I come across. How many there are in the collection is in my sig! I also have the big Darkrai/Cresselia Legend card that came with some promo box from Target in a frame on the wall above my desk, that's an awesome card.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Great collections guys! I used to have tonnes of cards as a kid, but sold all my doubles and just kept the sets. I couldnt tell you how many I have in my set right now...maybe 4-500, plus around 150 doubles (I've only just started collecting again so this number will grow-rapidly) :D

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • Wow, nice collection piecemeal. I only have around two binders with cards spanning all of the generations. How many boxes do you buy in a year, or do you just purchase the booster packs? I've never considered framing pokemon cards before, but I'm sure with something as nice as a legends card they would look nice.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Hey thanks, TheCondor. In fact I have bought zero boxes and no more than a dozen boosters since I started collecting in Spring of 2010. I obtained the bulk of the collection through lots on eBay. It's now getting to the point that collecting that way is not efficient anymore because most of what I got in those lots were commons and uncommons.

For example, right now I have 65% of the commons, 55% of the uncommons, 30% of the rares and 11% of the ultra-rares that I need to complete my collection. This is almost all through eBay lots. You can see that getting more lots becomes less efficient as the collection grows, assuming the lots are primarily made up of common/uncommons -- I'd be pulling lots and lots of duplicates. I did just go in for a rare-only lot, which should be helpful, but I am going to have to adapt my strategy and take a more targeted approach to fill in the gaps, which for the common/uncommons may end up costing me a little more than the lot approach but I figure is worth it since it will save me time and effort (no sorting through mountains of cards, though that is really fun). Big gaps in the collection (I have zero cards from sets after HGSS) I will consider filling in with boxes.

What I'd really like to do is trade rather than buy/resell, but I haven't put much thought toward it yet.

Yes, the oversize Legend card does look awesome in a frame! It's a special card that I had no other use for.

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • Don't mind me, just posting up pics what I've managed to squeeze in my new card carrying case. I think I squeezed in well over the stated capacity of the case.

donavannj, the massive brick of cards in the plastic 2000+ case is just awesome looking. Are those the cards from your longboxes/shortbox in your original post transferred to a new home?

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    Here are a few pics of my collection.

The binder has the complete base set, as well as a ton of holos and rare from the first few sets. No commons/uncommons.

The cards in toploaders in between the boxes are my ultra-rares.

LAF

:D
    Years
  • I've started putting up opening videos on YouTube now. I've got a few and i have a 5 videos of all my rare cards too spanning base set until black & white. Just after recording them, I realised I had a shadowless Drowzee from base set which I always thought was weird looking. Anyways, I only need 23 cards to complete the B&W set :)

My YouTube channel is called PokeMolestor

I need 2, and about 40 reverses.

Those 2 cards are playing hard to get :'(

LAF

:D
    Years
  • Pikachu and Serperior Ability.

The ridiculous thing? Here is what I have opened:

• 1 Booster Box
    • 5 Tins (2 Zekrom, 3 Reshiram)
    • 7 Triple Blisters (3 Snivy, 2 Oshawott, 2 Tepig)
    • 1 Victini Box
    • 1 Binder Box
    • 2 Single packs
    AAARGGHH!

Years
  • donavannj, the massive brick of cards in the plastic 2000+ case is just awesome looking. Are those the cards from your longboxes/shortbox in your original post transferred to a new home?

Totally didn't notice this question. Most of my cards in my longboxes and shortboxes are actually still in those first boxes. What's in the plastic case amounts to some more recent acquisitions as well as taking the cards you see in that first post outside of longboxes and shortboxes and putting them into the plastic case. I still have a lot of cards outside of boxes.

Back