• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

President Barack Obama Awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Personally, I think this is a stupid thing to discuss internet, because it just leads to flame wars and hardly anybody has given any decent justification for good or bad things Obama has done.

All I can say is that he's done more for foreign relations, than Bush did in the last 8. He's in the process of re-opening the west to the middle-east. While it may be to soon for him to receive the award, he's been ding leaps and bounds for the USA. Plus, those of you in this thread who are Americans, remember the event though you may not like him, the country voted for him, so now you've got him. While I may not have supported Bush, I certainly didn't go around saying he's done done nothing and can't get better. There's always room for improvement.

Proof: https://us-foreign-affairs.suite101.com/article.cfm/obamas_middle_east_foreign_policy

Last edited:

christian_irony

Gold's Disciple
    Years
    The award was garbage. A slap in the face to all those men and women that have devoted their lives to peace. He has done nothing. I've never heard of someone receiving the Nobel PEACE Prize while escalating troops in Afghanistan.
    I'm a highly socially liberal American, but Obama doesn't deserve this award at all.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The award was garbage. A slap in the face to all those men and women that have devoted their lives to peace. He has done nothing. I've never heard of someone receiving the Nobel PEACE Prize while escalating troops in Afghanistan.
    I'm a highly socially liberal American, but Obama doesn't deserve this award at all.

At least now the US is in the right country. It ups international peace, no-one wants the Taliban, at least no one in the Western Hemisphere

alucard_989

.:The Dyslexic Vampire:.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • TN
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Flame was thread! INCOMING TAKE COVER! Nah really I started reading this and since I can't say anything bad about him, I won't say anything at all.

Back