• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wonder if Mega Rayquaza's stats will be a mix of Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon as it's current self shares it's defense stat with Kyogre and it's special defense with Groudon.

Years
    I wouldn't call Rayquaza irrefutably superior to Groudon and Kyogre; all three of them are ♥♥♥♥ing beastly.

True, they're certainly more equal than not! I feel like Rayquaza is the strongest of the three due to its competitive battling prowess, but that's not to say the other two are chumps in Ubers, either. If Groudon and Kyogre get alternate forms, their battle with the player will become much more interesting.

Years
    True, they're certainly more equal than not! I feel like Rayquaza is the strongest of the three due to its competitive battling prowess, but that's not to say the other two are chumps in Ubers, either. If Groudon and Kyogre get alternate forms, their battle with the player will become much more interesting.

I hope that they show off the Megas/ formes in battle. I had hoped that Mewtwo was going to be in it's Mega during our battle with it.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think they'll be formes based off them holding the actual Red/Blue orb... if they hold the corret orb they'll be in their true forms.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Tbh I want to see them use Groudonite or Kyogrenite than the Blue/Red Orbs since the orbs didn't have that power in RSE and it is kinda weird to just simply retcon and give them that power.

Years
    Tbh I want to see them use Groudonite or Kyogrenite than the Blue/Red Orbs since the orbs didn't have that power in RSE and it is kinda weird to just simply retcon and give them that power.

I think it could work. Perhaps the orbs weren't in their true forms either in the originals could be used as the explaination . Perhaps they'll add a part where the evil team after our mascot decides to awaken the true form of the orb to get an upper hand over the other team (if they follow the Emerald Plot, hopefully they do).

Years
    If I remember correctly, the Orbs didn't have any use to the player, so maybe they change its capabilities to transform Groudon and Kyogre into their new forms. As a Pokemon trainer, I'd want to catch legendaries who can mutate into stronger forms in battle, so it would give the player realistic incentive to catch the legendary and get the Orb from Team Magma and Aqua.

Last edited:

Years
    If I remember correctly, the Orbs didn't have any use to the player, so maybe they change its capabilities to transform Groudon and Kyogre into their new forms. As a Pokemon trainer, I'd want to catch legendaries who can mutate into stronger forms in battle, so it would give the player realistic incentive to catch the legendary and get the Orb from Team Magma and Aqua

The only use they had was to activate the battle with them in RS. In Emerald they had less of a role due to both teams having them, and the Jade orb wasn't introduced yet (interestingly Rayquaza in the opening of Emerald radiates a yellow light similar to when the other two when their orbs are activated...). In HgSs they had a larger role, which was to summon them to the tower. So their role being increased once more is likely.

I hope they aren't formes. If they are then will they keep their ability like Deoxys and Rotom do (I think these are the only two that can change back and forth, which have stat changes that keep their abilities)? I hope so.

I think the symbols have to do with them being "Super Ancient Pokemon" as they're called in the games. They've lived a long time. So I think we'll see their true power. You know, formes would play nicely with that. Or they're Pokemon that de-evolved over time and now can only return to their true selves during battle using a Mega stone.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    I hope they aren't mega forms because they look too badass for that (and I've not completely bought the whole mega thing anyway). I think it could be a form activated by the orbs or something because their markings have been seen to glow under the orbs' effect (in game and in anime iirc). That'd be cool.

Years
    I hope they aren't mega forms because they look too badass for that (and I've not completely bought the whole mega thing anyway). I think it could be a form activated by the orbs or something because their markings have been seen to glow under the orbs' effect (in game and in anime iirc). That'd be cool.
    I don't know, Shoko (I think that was her name) mentioning that they look like Megas makes me think that they are what she thinks they are. Or are a special kind of Mega.

Years
    I think it's worth bringing this image back up:
    Spoiler:

There are lots of details that point in opposite directions regarding what exactly those new concepts of Groudon and Kyogre are, but this is an interesting piece of information, especially since all the other Pokemon boxed are Hoenn-native. Coincidence?

Blake Belladonna

Years
    I don't know, Shoko (I think that was her name) mentioning that they look like Megas makes me think that they are what she thinks they are. Or are a special kind of Mega.

Well, unless Shoko or whoever it is works for Game Freak (even then why would said person even leak it), I think it is up for debate what they could be. Just my 2 cents', because they also said the same thing about never-before-seen pokemon for Kyurem (which was clearly not a Mega).

Years
    Well, unless Shoko or whoever it is works for Game Freak (even then why would said person even leak it), I think it is up for debate what they could be. Just my 2 cents', because they also said the same thing about never-before-seen pokemon for Kyurem (which was clearly not a Mega).

While she may not work for GF she and the others on the variety show in Japan seem to know something. They hinted at Sylveon being of another type. Also she was the one who accidentally leaked that Zekrom was part Electric...

They wouldn't just say something like "it looks like a Mega" only to troll us in the end. I'm sure it's mega related. Also I never mentioned anything about them calling it a "never-before-seen Pokemon", though they have. Them saying that they look like Megas is much more reliable than that for as you said it's been used for Pokemon formes too.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Either way, if they hinted at that, I'm pretty sure something is up and wouldn't just blabber about it without any quizzical notions.

Blake Belladonna

Years
    They wouldn't just say something like "it looks like a Mega" only to troll us in the end. I'm sure it's mega related. Also I never mentioned anything about them calling it a "never-before-seen Pokemon", though they have. Them saying that they look like Megas is much more reliable than that for as you said it's been used for Pokemon formes too.
    I didn't say you said it. I was referring to this.

Anyways, I'm just hoping they won't be Megas (or they might be special Megas like orb-activated or whatever, I'm fine with that). I'm not gonna debate whether what whoever said is true, because right now everything is purely speculation. It's not like I know anything anyway. >_>

Last edited:
    Years
    Their modified designs are cool, no doubt. For a number of reasons I'm going to assume that they are new formes of the mascots rather than Mega-Evolutions - even though Soul Dew was replaced with Lati@ite, I don't think they're going to re-introduce the Red and Blue Orbs as 'Groudonite/Kyogreite', precisely because of the points raised by some people; Mega Evolution occurs when a Trainer has bonded enough with their Pokémon (at least in game logic), something that couldn't really be achieved in the Pokémon games by anybody but the protagonist.

I'm hopeful Groundon and Kyogre's new abilities will be modified versions of Drought and Drizzle, and perhaps be of some relation to their change in appearance. I honestly doubt their different look will mean much of an impact on the story, but it's hard to assume anything about the Pokémon games nowadays.

Years
    Their modified designs are cool, no doubt. For a number of reasons I'm going to assume that they are new formes of the mascots rather than Mega-Evolutions - even though Soul Dew was replaced with Lati@ite, I don't think they're going to re-introduce the Red and Blue Orbs as 'Groudonite/Kyogreite', precisely because of the points raised by some people; Mega Evolution occurs when a Trainer has bonded enough with their Pokémon (at least in game logic), something that couldn't really be achieved in the Pokémon games by anybody but the protagonist.

I'm hopeful Groundon and Kyogre's new abilities will be modified versions of Drought and Drizzle, and perhaps be of some relation to their change in appearance. I honestly doubt their different look will mean much of an impact on the story, but it's hard to assume anything about the Pokémon games nowadays.
    Lysander managed to make Mega evolution work on his own. Maybe Archie/Maxie try to do the same but after they mega evolve them the Pokemon stops listening and doesn't turn back to normal.

Years
    Lysander managed to make Mega evolution work on his own. Maybe Archie/Maxie try to do the same but after they mega evolve them the Pokemon stops listening and doesn't turn back to normal.

Oh I know, yes, but that was different - that was a Gyarados, though, and Selena/Calem (whatever) made it a point to say he must have bonded with it sufficiently to achieve Mega Evolution. This would be different; Maxie and Archie originally lose control of the legendaries, immediately, without ever 'owning' them as a Pokémon.

As I say this, I've changed my mind a bit, though. I mean, Ghetsis technically controlled Kyurem in B2W2, so something of the sort could easily happen with ORAS, with the respective Team Leaders Mega-Evolving the legendaries.

I would still prefer it to be a form change, but really anything is possible here.

Back