• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I have a feeling these primal forms that they are taking on here are what they looked like when they amassed the lands and the seas. So perhaps this really is a sort of 'active form' of the two, causing an increase of power in their abilities. Maybe Team Aqua and Magma plan to activate this form in the two dormant legendaries to rewire their original powers from when they constructed up the lands and seas, in order to fulfill their idea of expanding the land/sea. Because I doubt that kind of power can be achieved without first putting them both in active form, in other words, their ancient and most primal forms.

That's just my theory anyway. Seems pretty likely!

I like the 'active form' idea, and it makes a lot of sense too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I love how its been revealed what Groudon and Kyogre's appearances are, but no one knows exactly what they are.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I love how its been revealed what Groudon and Kyogre's appearances are, but no one knows exactly what they are.

They're probably how they looked like originally before having gotten weaker due to sleeping or due to time.

I think that Arceus could maybe get one of these seeing how the Dex says it had 1000 arms and clearly what we've seen of it it doesn't have 1000 arms.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I think these will work the same way as Mega Evolutions do because of they have screenshots of the beginning of the battle, which might be the animation of de-evolution for them.

Or it could be where you find them and they are in their prehistoric form when you do.

Years
    I think they'll be in their RSE forms when they awaken. I think that the scene where Groudon is surrounded by Lava and Kyogre by water is the scene when we capture them in Origin cave. After all in Ruby Groudon was surrounded by Lava and in Sapphire Kyogre was Surrounded by Water. Also it looks like a battle scene.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    What if the whole Mega Evolution/Prehistoric Pokemon theme will set the story for Gen 7? A battle against future and past. Past being the discovery of Prehistoric De-evoluitions and future being the discovery of Mega Evolutions?

I'm getting ahead of myself now.

Years
    What if the whole Mega Evolution/Prehistoric Pokemon theme will set the story for Gen 7? A battle against future and past. Past being the discovery of Prehistoric De-evoluitions and future being the discovery of Mega Evolutions?

I'm getting ahead of myself now.

I really hope it's something like this, if not, it should be exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. This release creates the opportunity for so much speculation regarding how defined the Hoenn storyline becomes in ORAS. Sounds like they're going to make it a focus with this new form, similar to what they did with X and Y's storyline due to Mega evolution.

Years
    I really hope it's something like this, if not, it should be exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. This release creates the opportunity for so much speculation regarding how defined the Hoenn storyline becomes in ORAS. Sounds like they're going to make it a focus with this new form, similar to what they did with X and Y's storyline due to Mega evolution.

Yeah, I can see them focusing on this new form of "evolution" per say. I just hope they don't derail from the rest of the story like in XY.

Years
    Yeah, I can see them focusing on this new form of "evolution" per say. I just hope they don't derail from the rest of the story like in XY.

With the revamps to most of the important Magma and Aqua members, it's hard not to see them immersing the teams into backstory about these prehistoric forms. In the originals Archie and Maxie sought to control weather with the two respective legendaries, and in prehistoric times, humans believed nature was controlled by weather gods, possibly what Groudon and Kyogre's new forms represent.

Years
    With the revamps to most of the important Magma and Aqua members, it's hard not to see them immersing the teams into backstory about these prehistoric forms. In the originals Archie and Maxie sought to control weather with the two respective legendaries, and in prehistoric times, humans believed nature was controlled by weather gods, possibly what Groudon and Kyogre's new forms represent.

They actually represented that in their original forms too back in RSE. I think their Prehistoric selves are the creator god having become weaker over time, but regaining it's original power later.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The trio are kind lore is kind of similar of the Ancient Greece one in the beginning, with Uranus/Ouranos ( Rayquaza ), Gaia ( Groudon ) and Pontus/Pontos ( Kyogre ).

Years
    They actually represented that in their original forms too back in RSE. I think their Prehistoric selves are the creator god having become weaker over time, but regaining it's original power later.

I would say more so now than before, seeing as they're literally called prehistoric forms now, haha. The additional markings may represent olden times in how writing was made up completely of symbols and signs. Purely speculation of course, but now that the official names of these forms are released, it sheds a lot of light and what importance they may serve in ORAS.

Years
    I would say more so now than before, seeing as they're literally called prehistoric forms now, haha. The additional markings may represent olden times in how writing was made up completely of symbols and signs. Purely speculation of course, but now that the official names of these forms are released, it sheds a lot of light and what importance they may serve in ORAS.

That would make more sense if Groudon and Kyogre hadn't crafted the sea and the land long before Humans were around. I wonder though how humans knew the crashed with one another...perhaps their clash in RSE is their third clash?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    These "Prehistoric" forms don't surprise me at all, I'm just wondering how they are going to explain their existences. Why would they be prehistoric at all? Why would they suddenly gain new forms?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    These "Prehistoric" forms don't surprise me at all, I'm just wondering how they are going to explain their existences. Why would they be prehistoric at all? Why would they suddenly gain new forms?

I honestly think it's simply a necessity for the plot. Perhaps something like, Groudon and Kyogre in their current state cannot truly create more land and sea, but in their prehistoric state can--and Magma and Aqua need to utilize those forms to reach their goals.

Because everyone (including myself, I'll admit) loves to joke about how Kyogre making it rain would only take water from the ocean and put it back into the ocean, not making the sea levels rise at all--but let's be serious here (or as serious as we can be discussing a fictional universe): Groudon and Kyogre created the Pokémon Earth as we know it. Their powers go far beyond a simple Drought or Drizzle. Groudon can create continents from nothing, and Kyogre can expand the seas at will. These forms are the forms they were in when they did so to create the surface of the planet, and it's that kind of power that Magma and Aqua need to achieve their ultimate goals.

Personally, I'm interested in how these forms are activated. I honestly hope they just utilize their Orb and basically act like Mega Evolutions but with an extra step necessary to activate it--that way it wouldn't be too complex of a method to introduce, and it would tie in with Steven researching Mega Stones/Evolution (as he did play a role in helping stop the legendaries in the original games).

Years
    I think it'll involve the orbs. Hmm...perhaps the orbs hold the Mascot's original power which could've been pulled away from them during their sleep. It'll be similar to how Kitsune and Dragons are said to have special orbs that hold their power and if they lose it they become weak and anyone who finds the orbs will be able to control them.

After all the orbs are said to contain an ancient Power irc. Also note that their Prehistoric selves look like their made of pure energy with Groudon's mouth having lava, and the insides of Kyogre remind me of bubbling water in a tube. Considering that they were created from those forces according to their dex entries their appearances fit.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I think it'll involve the orbs. Hmm...perhaps the orbs hold the Mascot's original power which could've been pulled away from them during their sleep. It'll be similar to how Kitsune and Dragons are said to have special orbs that hold their power and if they lose it they become weak and anyone who finds the orbs will be able to control them.

After all the orbs are said to contain an ancient Power irc. Also note that their Prehistoric selves look like their made of pure energy with Groudon's mouth having lava, and the insides of Kyogre remind me of bubbling water in a tube. Considering that they were created from those forces according to their dex entries their appearances fit.

Im starting to think here, I think this is Game Freak's way of giving legendary Pokemon, an ultra form, such as the Prehistoric forms. "Primal"?, come on guys, we all know, that came from Mystery Dungeon's Primal Dialga. Legendary Pokemon always had some form of backstory to it, with an item connected to it, in this case, the orbs. Maybe, if ir ever happens, we might even see, how the Sinnoh orbs, play into new forms, of the Creation Trio, as well as Reshiram and Zekrom fusion(as they were a single Pokemon before the games) with the Light and Dark stones, and even Mew, who is the ancestor of all Pokemon.

These Prehistoric forms, in my opinion, is going to introduce, how Legendaries can be even more, legendary. So doessss this meeannn....yep

Uber Ubers smogon tier confirmed.

Years
    I think so too, I see all legendaries getting something whether be it Mega or Ancient Devolution, or something completely different.
    Ancient Mew seems the most likely of the legends other than Rayquaza to get an Ancient Devolution.

I wonder what abilities they'll have...eternal swimming uh I mean Rain and eternal Summer...uh I mean Sun.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    These forms are the forms they were in when they did so to create the surface of the planet, and it's that kind of power that Magma and Aqua need to achieve their ultimate goals.

Oooohhh, I hadn't thought of it this way actually. That makes a lot of sense, since they were sleeping for a while they won't have all of the power that they originally had.

Back