• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I know....
    Ancient Mew: Ancestry(gets STAB boost from all moves)
    Ancient Ho-Oh: Sacred Dance(attacking moves' accuracy reduced to 70% or boosted fire moves)
    Ancient Lugia: Aero Dance(status moves' reduced accuracy reduced to 70% or boosted flying moves)
    Prehistoric Groudon: Contential Shift(as well as +1 priority to all ground moves, they also get a 20% boost in power)
    Prehistoric Kyorge: Typhoon Drift(as well as +1 priority to all water moves, they get a 20% boost in power.)
    Skipping Rayquaza
    Primal Dialga: Temporal Void(gets +1 priority to all moves)
    Primal Palkia: Spatial Void(all moves have 20% more accuracy)
    Primal Giratina: Phantom Void(loses -1 priority to all attacking moves, but a 30% boost in all moves)
    Primal Arceus: Alpha Void(becomes immune to supereffective moves; depends on its form, plates still determines type)
    Zekrom/Reshiram Fusion: Terafusion(all moves will hit despite type, ability, or substitute)
    Awakened Xerneas: Creation Aura(all stat-boosting moves; are doubled, effects all allies)
    Awakened Yveital: Destruction Aura (all attacking moves are boosted by 50% when at full health; effects allies)
    Awakened Zygarde: Equal Aura(all abilties and moves that effect stats, are nullified)
    These are just my ideas though

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Was it confirmed somewhere that other Pokemon would be getting... "Ancient Devolutions?" I feel like this is something specific to Kyogre/Groudon/possibly Rayquaza if not.

DJTiki

Years
    Was it confirmed somewhere that other Pokemon would be getting... "Ancient Devolutions?" I feel like this is something specific to Kyogre/Groudon/possibly Rayquaza if not.

No, but it is fun to consider the possiblities of other Legendary Pokemon getting something similar in the future remakes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    No, but it is fun to consider the possiblities of other Legendary Pokemon getting something similar in the future remakes.

Maybe, I just think that the title of ancient etc. is being a little blown up. :p Then again it might be a segue into something really cool and I'm excited to see Rayquaza's Mega... that'll be rad as hell.

DJTiki

Years
    Maybe, I just think that the title of ancient etc. is being a little blown up. :p Then again it might be a segue into something really cool and I'm excited to see Rayquaza's Mega... that'll be rad as hell.

Mega Rayquaza is gonna be soo rad. Mega Rayquaza = Shenron, calling it

Years
    Looking at prehistoric Kyogre and Groudon, the new Rayquaza form is definitely going to be amazing. It will be interesting to see if they get any new abilities, moves, stat boosts, and more. Not that Rayquaza needs any of those, haha, but I'm excited to see what they do with that. :]

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm happy these aren't Mega forms.

I'm going to laugh if these are just aesthetic changes or just alter the stats by reshuffling them instead of plainly increasing the stats.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm happy these aren't Mega forms.

I'm going to laugh if these are just aesthetic changes or just alter the stats by reshuffling them instead of plainly increasing the stats.

If serebii's translation was right, they're said to be similar to Mega Evolutions (I think they're Megas but with an emphasis on the past unlike the typical kind). So I expect them to have some stat boosts to show that they are stronger than the originals. If not then Keldeo won't be the only one with a fancy forme...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If serebii's translation was right, they're said to be similar to Mega Evolutions (I think they're Megas but with an emphasis on the past unlike the typical kind). So I expect them to have some stat boosts to show that they are stronger than the originals. If not then Keldeo won't be the only one with a fancy forme...

If they aren't Megas then they aren't Megas. If they don't use a Mega Stone, the bracelet and a deep bond between Pokemon and Trainer then they aren't Megas.

Its not that difficult for them to be completely different alternate forms. Not that unlikely either. The picture of them doesn't have a megastone double helix symbol on it. So it could be like Kyurem who powered up through another source. Maybe the evil teams tried to experiment and unlocked a dormant power in the "Super Ancient" Legendary Pokemon. This power causes them to revert to a time when they were stronger, Like the hag from Yuyu Hakusho that taught Yusuke how to use his powers. When she used her full power she reverted to when she was younger.

Their Prehistoric forms really aren't that different from Deoxys' mode forms, or Castform's Weather forms. It'll have a trigger as formes tend to have. This can be an out of battle trigger like Deoxys/Rotom/Shaymin, item holding trigger like Giratina, or in battle trigger like Castform, Cherrim, Meloetta, and Keldeo.

The lack of the Double Helix symbol in both the artwork's page and in the screenshots with them in battle seems to mean that these most likely aren't Mega Evolutions. There appears to be no special symbol by either name for Groudon's picture so a normal form change it seems to be.

They don't really seem to be close to Mega Evolutions at all unless they'll be battle temporary, which still doesn't put them the same as Mega Evolutions. I'd chock that little excerpt up to being another bad Serebii translation. Its that or Gamefreak is simply playing up the Form change like they do all the time. making it more extravagant than it really is. (See Keldeo)

Years
    It's possible that the Mega Bangle will have the power to Ancient De-evolve. The Mega Guru said that there's more to Mega Evolution that has yet to be discovered. I hope it'll work similarly.

Years
    I think we should make a fan umbrella term for both forms...like Ultravolution or something like that ^_^.

I'll like to see Ancient Rayquaza. I imagine it'll look like it has air moving inside it's body like how. It'll have Delta marks over it's head. Groudon seems to have Magma and Kyogre Water.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    God GF you never cease to amaze me :)

Instead of Mega Evolutions, we instead get Devolutions. What would GF do with them power-wise? Will they make them a little weaker or more uber?

I can't wait to see what will they do with Prehistoric Rayquaza.

Years
    God GF you never cease to amaze me :)

Instead of Mega Evolutions, we instead get Devolutions. What would GF do with them power-wise? Will they make them a little weaker or more uber?

I can't wait to see what will they do with Prehistoric Rayquaza.

Tbh I'm not surprised. I expected them to be similar to Mega Evolutions but special in some other way.

I think they'll make them more Uber as they were likely more god like at the beginning of the world.

I imagine Prehistoric Rayquaza will have blue and red lines opposite to Prehistoric Ground and Kyogre's yellow lines. It'll proably have fangs and have a longer body with larger claws. Also it's mouth is probably green (for wind) like how Groudon's is red with magma (I bet Kyogre is blue inside as it looks like it has water past it's semi transparent white spots) to represent the primal elements that made them up.

I think more than ever that Primal Groudon will be Ground/Fire to represent hot magma rather than cooled down magma.

DJTiki

Years
    Tbh I'm not surprised. I expected them to be similar to Mega Evolutions but special in some other way.

I think they'll make them more Uber as they were likely more god like at the beginning of the world.

I imagine Prehistoric Rayquaza will have blue and red lines opposite to Prehistoric Ground and Kyogre's yellow lines. It'll proably have fangs and have a longer body with larger claws. Also it's mouth is probably green (for wind) like how Groudon's is red with magma (I bet Kyogre is blue inside as it looks like it has water past it's semi transparent white spots) to represent the primal elements that made them up.

I think more than ever that Primal Groudon will be Ground/Fire to represent hot magma rather than cooled down magma.

Ground/Fire would be awesome for Groudon, but no love for Kyogre, i dont think it can have a good duel type. Water/???, we will never know.

Years
    Ground/Fire would be awesome for Groudon, but no love for Kyogre, i dont think it can have a good duel type. Water/???, we will never know.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that Kyogre will be like Xerneas, the only one that's pure typed out of the three (well for it's Prehistoric Devolution). Coincidentally they happen to have the same color blue...hmm...and Blastoise didn't get a second type (unlike Sceptile) and it was the blue mascot too. Guess Dialga is the only blue mascot meant to be dual typed...

DJTiki

Years
    Yeah, I'm thinking that Kyogre will be like Xerneas, the only one that's pure typed out of the three (well for it's Prehistoric Devolution). Coincidentally they happen to have the same color blue...hmm...and Blastoise didn't get a second type (unlike Sceptile) and it was the blue mascot too. Guess Dialga is the only blue mascot meant to be dual typed...

It was planned, Dialga conspired with Arceus to make sure no one else can have dual types if they are the blue mascot. Hold up wait, Swampert.

Years
    It was planned, Dialga conspired with Arceus to make sure no one else can have dual types if they are the blue mascot. Hold up wait, Swampert.

Swampert is not a mascot so he's fine xD. Has anyone other than me noted that the dual Water starters share a type with a fellow Mascot of the dual Pair they're introduced in Swampert has Ground (Groudon), Empoleon has Steel (Dialga), and Greninja has Dark (Yvetal). Coincidentally the first two mention share a type with the other member of the pair (water xD).

Only type I can see Prehistoric Kyogre adding is Psychic.

DJTiki

Years
    Swampert is not a mascot so he's fine xD. Has anyone other than me noted that the dual Water starters share a type with a fellow Mascot of the dual Pair they're introduced in Swampert has Ground (Groudon), Empoleon has Steel (Dialga), and Greninja has Dark (Yvetal). Coincidentally the first two mention share a type with the other member of the pair (water xD).

Only type I can see Prehistoric Kyogre adding is Psychic.

No I havent noticed.
    Or has anyone ever noticed the symbolism between Fire, Electric, and Ice types, or is that just me? o.o

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As fitting as Ground/Fire would be for Groudon, I really don't want it to have even more of a weakness to Kyogre's Water-Type. It's the Continent Pokémon, not the Magma or Lava Pokémon, so if they both keep their mono-typing I think it would be acceptable.

Back