• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    As fitting as Ground/Fire would be for Groudon, I really don't want it to have even more of a weakness to Kyogre's Water-Type. It's the Continent Pokémon, not the Magma or Lava Pokémon, so if they both keep their mono-typing I think it would be acceptable.

Maybe Groudon gets an abilty that gives it STAB power to all Fire type moves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    As fitting as Ground/Fire would be for Groudon, I really don't want it to have even more of a weakness to Kyogre's Water-Type. It's the Continent Pokémon, not the Magma or Lava Pokémon, so if they both keep their mono-typing I think it would be acceptable.

If they gave it Solid Rock (it fits the continent Pokemon) it'll weaken water somewhat. Also Ground/Fire only has two weaknesses which are Water...and Ground (hey MegaSwampert is the ultimate counter!) so it won't have to worry about Grass and Ice moves anymore. Also remember that there is more sea than land so the large imbalance would make sense.

DJTiki

Years
    If they gave it Solid Rock (it fits the continent Pokemon) it'll weaken water somewhat. Also Ground/Fire only has two weaknesses which are Water...and Ground (hey MegaSwampert is the ultimate counter!) so it won't have to worry about Grass and Ice moves anymore. Also remember that there is more sea than land so the large imbalance would make sense.

Groudon needs to lift if he thinks he can take on Mega Swampert

Years
    Groudon needs to lift if he thinks he can take on Mega Swampert

Lol, Groudon will just fall over it to test out MegaSwampert's strength (Prehistoric Groudon is probably heavier than the current Groudon). Imagine if they gave Groudon Heat Crash...it'll bring out all of that move's power.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Personally I could see Ancient Kyogre being Water/Electric, maybe. Water, oceans and storms yano. Or Maybe Water/Ice. But even then, I wouldn't mind it just being a Water type.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Maybe Groudon gets an abilty that gives it STAB power to all Fire type moves.
    That's not a bad idea, actually. I was thinking of something that might negate the weakness to Water altogether but that's a pretty neat Ability idea, too.

Yeah, that's why I'm okay with the current advantage Kyogre has over Groudon. But to give Kyogre even more of an advantage I would feel is just not that fair.

Years
    That's not a bad idea, actually. I was thinking of something that might negate the weakness to Water altogether but that's a pretty neat Ability idea, too.

Yeah, that's why I'm okay with the current advantage Kyogre has over Groudon. But to give Kyogre even more of an advantage I would feel is just not that fair.
    Something that negates the weakness to water altogether? That'll be as if they had given Mega Swampert Sap sipper...

Well the larger advantage could be a reference to how the world irl is said to to be becoming even more sea...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Something that negates the weakness to water altogether? That'll be as if they had given Mega Swampert Sap sipper...

Well the larger advantage could be a reference to how the world irl is said to to be becoming even more sea...

It wouldn't necessarily negate the attacks, nor would taking the Water attack give it any sort of boost--it would just make the damage 1*. I definitely don't think Groudon should ever get Water Absorb or anything of the like, ha ha! That would be something out of this world!

DJTiki

Years
    It wouldn't necessarily negate the attacks, nor would taking the Water attack give it any sort of boost--it would just make the damage 1*. I definitely don't think Groudon should ever get Water Absorb or anything of the like, ha ha! That would be something out of this world!

Maybe Kyogre should get an ability that works similarly to Groudon's just something that isn't a weather ability.

Years

Ah, so something like a more extreme version of Solid Rock but that works on only Water then?

Years

If this is about making Prehistoric Groudon and Kyogre be on more similar footing, I think Groudon's Ability could do more than just eliminating its Water weakness and still be reasonable.

All this Ability would do is make Groudon take regular damage from Kyogre's STAB Water attacks, an advantage which Kyogre already has over Groudon simply because of its type.

And then of course Kyogre would still probably have an advantage over Groudon, since Kyogre could also get another new Ability that gives it some boost that Groudon won't be able to have because its Ability is already set on just reducing the damage it takes from Kyogre.

Years
    I think they'll get abilities that increase the power of Ground and Fire moves for Groudon, and Water moves for Kyogre sort the Auras of Xerneas and Yvetal (Zygarde could break the auras for these two too) and the orbs for the creation trio do. Ancient Rayquaza could Aerilate or a Aura that increases flying type moves.

Years
    Haha, just think about how terrible it would be for Nintendo if they gave Groudon's form Water Absorb as an ability. I honestly shudder thinking about it. That's certainly not going to happen, but something more in the ballpark of increasing his attacking prowess instead of completely erasing one of his premier checks would be reasonable.

DJTiki

Years
    Haha, just think about how terrible it would be for Nintendo if they gave Groudon's form Water Absorb as an ability. I honestly shudder thinking about it. That's certainly not going to happen, but something more in the ballpark of increasing his attacking prowess instead of completely erasing one of his premier checks would be reasonable.

Make everything OP day. That should be an event on the PC battle server, just make a team with just illegal moves and abilities. Swampert for Sap Sipper, you know, its gotta sip all those vitamins from those leaves. Secret to Swampert's success with lifting.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Make everything OP day. That should be an event on the PC battle server, just make a team with just illegal moves and abilities. Swampert for Sap Sipper, you know, its gotta sip all those vitamins from those leaves. Secret to Swampert's success with lifting.

!! There's a tier called Hackmons!! You can basically do whatever you want with Pokemon in that tier.

Years

I'm not saying it should have Water Absorb, but I really think that an Ability similar to it that would simply turn the theoretical Fire/Ground Ancient Groudon's 4x weakness to Water into 1x damage (without negating STAB or Rain boosts) could be reasonable, even if it had another effect.

Remember that Kyogre doesn't have any weaknesses to Groudon's STAB attacks and doesn't have any 4x weaknesses either. It receives neutral damage from Groudon's Ground attacks and would actually resist Groudon's Fire atacks. Meanwhile Groudon would take quadruple damage from Kyogre's Water attacks, and that's without accounting for STAB and a possible Rain boost.

Also remember that if the Ancient formes do have new abilities, and Groudon's Ability simply removed its weakness to Water, then Kyogre would still outpower it, because its new Ability would give it some other boost that Groudon is not going to get because its Ability is limited to just removing its Water weakness.

Years
    I certainly don't recall it being necessary for legendary Pokemon to be equal in terms of advantages against each other. In real life, water is more prominent than land on Earth, and many other things about it that make water extremely important, like it making up most of the human body. Personally don't see why Groudon has to have some equalizing factor to make it stand a chance against Kyogre.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Then we should have a Hackmon Day. But ik there is a way that you could make your Pokemon Lv.1000.

Well there doesn't have to be a Hackmon Day in order for you to come on and battle with others ;) If you realllylyyy want it to happen, you could always organize an event yourself if you contact the Battle Server Overlord, awolffromspace!!

That aside, I think maybe there should be SOME sort of equalizer regardless of water's overall presence in life, because Kyogre & Groudon are supposed to have battled each other a bunch of times in the past and if Kyogre was obviously the winner every time then maybe there wouldn't be land at all. I dunno. Just seems like those two are ~supposed~ to maybe be on the same level, and since their battles would go on a long time / cause a lot of havoc Rayquaza had to step in.

Years
    I certainly don't recall it being necessary for legendary Pokemon to be equal in terms of advantages against each other. In real life, water is more prominent than land on Earth, and many other things about it that make water extremely important, like it making up most of the human body. Personally don't see why Groudon has to have some equalizing factor to make it stand a chance against Kyogre.

I realize that it's not necessary for legendary Pokémon to be equal among them.

However, I was not arguing that they should be equal. I was simply explaining why I think that an Ability like the one I suggested would be reasonable, after you expressed concern that an Ability similar to it would make Ancient Groudon too powerful. I compared it with Kyogre to put it into perspective.

Back