• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
  • What if the groudon and kyougre in the box-art are in middle of changing/mega evolving and this not the final design of the new form/mega evo, that would explain why they are almost the same to the originals.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What if the groudon and kyougre in the box-art are in middle of changing/mega evolving and this not the final design of the new form/mega evo, that would explain why they are almost the same to the originals.
    This idea also crossed my mind at first, especially considering Groudon seems like it's starting to barely change. Perhaps the box-art isn't even final? If irc the European boxes says art and layout aren't necessary final...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This idea also crossed my mind at first, especially considering Groudon seems like it's starting to barely change. Perhaps the box-art isn't even final? If irc the European boxes says art and layout aren't necessary final...

Wow, I hadn't even though of that. Do you think Nintendo would do that though? I guess it would make sense, as if they produced their real Megas or w/e on the front cover it would already be obvious that they would get them.

Although they are saying that they look like different Pokemon, which implies that they aren't in the middle of changing a little bit?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Although they are saying that they look like different Pokemon, which implies that they aren't in the middle of changing a little bit?

Well it could be possible the change is more drastic than shown in the box-art and they wanted to wait it out for a few weeks or so before they release the images?

Years

That would be an awesome idea to hint at new mega/forms without actually revealing them.

Talking about the difference they have compared to the original groudon and kyogre, considering in both the case of mega evolutions and alternate forms we have pokemon with little to no difference from the original, and pokemon with a good amount of differences, I don't think that's a realiable factor in determining whether they're mega evolutions or just alternate forms.
    That said, considering the importance of mega-evolutions in the context of VI gen I think it's more likely for that to be the case.

Years

I actually love that idea. If that's the case, at least we know that the Mega evolutions for Groudon and Kyogre will have more aesthetic alterations. I don't think the new markings shown on the box art merit an entirely new evolution, which is why I could see them being an alternate forme instead.

Years
  • Maybe despite the little differences GF will still run with them being Megas rather than formes. I feel that if they make them formes they should've done the same with Ho-oh and Lugia two generations ago...why no Heart forme Ho-oh and Soul forme Lugia!?

Years
  • What do you guys Game Freak will change if they are indeed alternate forms? In the past, legendary forms have either undergone slight changes in design and stats like Giratina's Origin Forme, or almost a complete overhaul like Shaymin's Sky Forme. In terms of Groudon in Kyogre, will there be minor or major changes?

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • What do you guys Game Freak will change if they are indeed alternate forms? In the past, legendary forms have either undergone slight changes in design and stats like Giratina's Origin Forme, or almost a complete overhaul like Shaymin's Sky Forme. In terms of Groudon in Kyogre, will there be minor or major changes?

I would guess a bump in stats up to 750. Maybe Ground/Fire for Groudon and Water/Electric(?) for Kyogre. I can't really think of a new type for Kyogre..pure water fits well..and new exclusive moves since Kyogre/Groudon have no moves exclusive to them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would guess a bump in stats up to 750. Maybe Ground/Fire for Groudon and Water/Electric(?) for Kyogre. I can't really think of a new type for Kyogre..pure water fits well..and new exclusive moves since Kyogre/Groudon have no moves exclusive to them.

I'd say ice, since it already has access to moves like Sheer Cold, Blizzard, and Ice Beam. =) If not, then I feel dragon would be a good alternative, because, well, its body structure really reminds me of the species.

Years
  • One of my friends said that they have a friend, who's dad works for nintendo, and told him that the new groudon form is Fire/Ground. Of course I don't believe him, though this should be taken into account that the forms could get new types.

Years
  • Groudon getting a dual Fire typing would make a world of sense. For the longest time, I thought it was a pure Fire type. Even his move set already consists of Fire moves. Kyogre is much harder to predict, but if they do give him another type, based on the same reasoning as Groudon, it'll be Ice.

Years
  • I would guess a bump in stats up to 750. Maybe Ground/Fire for Groudon and Water/Electric(?) for Kyogre. I can't really think of a new type for Kyogre..pure water fits well..and new exclusive moves since Kyogre/Groudon have no moves exclusive to them.

It'll be 770 if they do the typical 100 stat boost. I think it should be 110 if they end up giving one to Rayquaza too so that the three will have Megas with 780 stats.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • It'll be 770 if they do the typical 100 stat boost. I think it should be 110 if they end up giving one to Rayquaza too so that the three will have Megas with 780 stats.

I always assumed that Rayquaza had a lower BST because of his ability. I mean he's weaker against other Pokemon but stronger against Kyogre and Groudon. Maybe not Kyogre because Ice Beam.

Years
  • I always assumed that Rayquaza had a lower BST because of his ability. I mean he's weaker against other Pokemon but stronger against Kyogre and Groudon. Maybe not Kyogre because Ice Beam.

What do you mean by weaker against other Pokemon? Are you thinking of Zygarde by any chance o_O? Sure Rayquaza has weak defenses but it hits hard and fast (especially compared to recent legendary mascots) but it's not weak. Rayquaza's bonus for being the third version mascot is it's 10 bst points higher than the rest it seems, while Giratina got a forme, Kyurem got sequels and two formes despite being so weak in the originals, and Zygarde...may get a very powerful Mega?

Either way I hope that they make Delta (Mega) Rayquaza faster (since Delta means change, and change is associated with speed) than already normal Rayquaza. If they give it Aerilate it'll be a threat, well bigger than it already is...maybe it wouldn't even need the extra speed as it'll have STAB Extreme Speed.

They could give Groudon Flash Fire, and Kyogre Storm Drain.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • What do you mean by weaker against other Pokemon? Are you thinking of Zygarde by any chance o_O? Sure Rayquaza has weak defenses but it hits hard and fast (especially compared to recent legendary mascots) but it's not weak. Rayquaza's bonus for being the third version mascot is it's 10 bst points higher than the rest it seems, while Giratina got a forme, Kyurem got sequels and two formes despite being so weak in the originals, and Zygarde...may get a very powerful Mega?

Either way I hope that they make Delta (Mega) Rayquaza faster (since Delta means change, and change is associated with speed) than already normal Rayquaza. If they give it Aerilate it'll be a threat, well bigger than it already is...maybe it wouldn't even need the extra speed as it'll have STAB Extreme Speed.

They could give Groudon Flash Fire, and Kyogre Storm Drain.

I was just talking BST. Comparing Rayquaza to Kyogre/Groudon it is weaker than them. Kyogre and Groudon have higher BST and a boosting ability. Rayquaza is weaker than them, but that doesn't mean it's weak.

Years
  • I was just talking BST. Comparing Rayquaza to Kyogre/Groudon it is weaker than them. Kyogre and Groudon have higher BST and a boosting ability. Rayquaza is weaker than them, but that doesn't mean it's weak.

I already said that Rayquaza has a higher BST than the others, scroll down to Base Stat Comparison: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weather_trio

Their (Gro and Kyo) abilities are probably what makes it look like it's (Rayquaza) weaker than the other two.

So yeah, a 110 bst boost for the other two to match Rayquaza, and a boosting ability for Rayquaza itself.

Years
  • Rayquaza is the irrefutable superior to Kyogre and Groudon, and it's fitting that his BST reflects that. No harm in boosting the other two's stats when in their new alternate forms, but Rayquaza should remain the strongest of the trio. Maybe that would constitute giving him a new ability or adding to his move set.

Back