• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Pokeyomom said:
    Man... I watched a little RAW last week for sentimental reasons, and couldn't make it past 30 minutes. Did any of you guys happen to follow wrestling back in like 97', 98', 99', 00', 01', etc? I think it has so gone to hell. No good gimmics anymore:C I still love wrestling, and I'm not hating, but does anybody else see it this way? What happened?

TV-PG-V is what happened.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    I watched parts it waay back in 98-00 with my brother and sister. I was still quite young back then so I couldn't comprehend what was going on.

But what I DO remember, was how exciting it was to watch every match. I was always in awe when Team Xtreme entered the ring and cleaned house.

Around this time, I used to actually be scared of Undertaker and his Ministry of Darkness - also Kane back when he was masked and almost unstoppable.

Now it's all gone down the drain - I actually properly started following by myself around 2006 when DX were about to reunite once again. Sure this wasn't as up to standard as the Attitude Era, but it was still good to watch. I even ENJOYED watching John Cena F-U Edge through two tables from 16ft in the air - as fake as that was. I'll never forget it - my first PPV.

Now though it's just on life support, and all because of this PG rubbish. Screw the kids! Put blood back! Bring back the awesome gimmicks! BRING BACK THE MINISTRY OF DARKNESS!

I wish they'd actually look at us older fans and not 7-10 year olds who only watch it to see John Cena win everything. All I have to do now is look at a fixture for a PPV and think that a certain person will win it for certain, and the majority of the time I'm right - because it's so predictable!

Even for those who compare now and back in the day and know it's fixed and hate it for that reason, surely you can even say that most matches in the Attitude Era were unpredictable?

Sigh, it's things like this that make me slightly glad that I don't have Sky anymore to watch it, but that little kid inside still longs for the Attitude Era.

R.I.P Good WWE

/Rant over.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I agree that Hornswoggle is annoying but I'm honestly alright with the rest. I actually think that the show has bigger problems than that but I won't repeat them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    PG sucks. I want to see more Divas ;)

Lolz, I really don't like the fact that they made it PG. Just seems like a bad idea.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    WWE Planning Major Re-Branding & Changes for Tuesdays, Doing Away with ECW?
    By Marc Middleton

Source: PWInsider.com

- Sources say that WWE may be implementing some major changes to regarding the ECW brand. Apparently the letters "ECW" may be gone soon.

WWE has been in talks with the SyFy network about the future of the ECW brand. WWE is planning a major re-branding and word is that WWE will still keep the 10pm time slot and may introduce a new TV show similar to WWE Superstars on WGN America.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    ~Bloodex. said:
    PG sucks. I want to see more Divas ;)

Lolz, I really don't like the fact that they made it PG. Just seems like a bad idea.

I'll take story over violence all of the time especially since the violence seems fine to me.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Update On Former World Champion Re-Joining WWE
    By Amish Patel

- Conversations between Booker T and World Wrestling Entertainment have reportedly ended. On Monday, there was talk he would undergo the WWE pre-screening process, but for whatever reason it did not happen. He is not expected to be offered a WWE deal anytime soon.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    Update On Former World Champion Re-Joining WWE
    By Amish Patel

- Conversations between Booker T and World Wrestling Entertainment have reportedly ended. On Monday, there was talk he would undergo the WWE pre-screening process, but for whatever reason it did not happen. He is not expected to be offered a WWE deal anytime soon.
    Soooo.....He's not coming back?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    WWE PPV Buyrates For Breaking Point, Hell In A Cell & Bragging Rights
    By Michael Bluth

Corporate.WWE.com has updated some new financial information that includes PPV buyrate estimates for three of the company's new gimmick-concept events.

- WWE Breaking Point drew under 200,000 buys, making it the least successful event of 2009. The submission-themed show featured The Undertaker's first WWE match since WrestleMania. By comparison, the event that Breaking Point replaced (WWE Unforgiven) drew close to 225,000 buys last year. WWE recently released its PPV schedule for 2010 and WWE Breaking Point was not part of the schedule, so this event may be a one time affiar.

- WWE Hell in A Cell PPV, which featured three Hell in a Cell cage matches, drew around 300,000 buys, way up from the 261,000 buys that No Mercy 2008 drew.

- WWE Bragging Rights, which featured a Raw vs. SmackDown theme, drew approximately 200,000 buys. This is a big improvement over the event it replaced (Cyber Sunday,) which drew 153,000 buys in 2008.

TNA Announces New TV Show for Spike
    By Marc Middleton

Partial source: Prowrestling.net

- TNA has announced that "TNA Epics" will begin airing on Spike TV in January of 2010. Dixie Carter has also said that they are working on another show.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Sorry for the triple post, but...very sad, and possibly tragic news...

Umaga Hospitalized & In Very Serious Condition
    By Michael Bluth

Former WWE superstar Edward "Umaga" Fatu, 36, is currently in a Houston hospital and is in very bad shape. A long-time friend described his condition as "life threatening."

Details are still sketchy at this point, but he apparently fell asleep last night while watching television, and several hours later, his wife found him not breathing with blood coming out of his nose. He was rushed to the hospital last night and his family has been told to fly into town as quickly as possible.

PWTorch.com's James Caldwell posted a message this afternoon that Umaga was dead from prescription pain pills and WWE was already preparing a statement regarding his death, but that news was quickly taken offline. There has been talk among many wrestlers that Umaga is dead or brain dead, but at this time, his family will only confirm that he's been hospitalized.

As of this writing, Umaga is NOT dead, but has been hospitalized and from what we can tell, is fighting for his life. We wish him the very best and hope he pulls through this.

Eddie Fatu Has Died
    Written by Sean Hopkins

I have received word from Richard that Eddie Fatu, known to millions of WWE fans as Umaga, has died.

Various reports have stated that Fatu suffered a massive heart attack in his sleep, although those reports remain unconfirmed at this time.

The WWE posted a short blurb about Fatu's passing which can be found here

All of us here at WNW would like to extend our deepest condolences to the friends and family of Eddie. Yet another wrestler has been taken away far too young.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    My dude Umaga is dead? Well, I hope that his family can recover from this sad news.

He was one of the more characters that WWE had in the past few years.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oh my god... my friend told me about this yesterday on Facebook. I didn't belive her at first... but I checked... I don't know what to say. Umaga was one of the best heels WWE had for a while. I remember when him and Cena faced of for the WWE belt... when he got beaten by Santino... and only 36 years old! That is way to young... well, at least he is in rest now....

Rest in peace, Umaga, a.k.a. Eddie Fatu.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Details On WWE's Drug Testing Policy and Offending Talent
    By Amish Patel

- Regarding WWE's policy on returning talent to the company with "strikes" from previous Wellness Policy breaches, here is the official WWE statement: "Any WWE talent who leaves the WWE for any reason with a first or second violation on his/her record will maintain those strikes if he/she returns to the WWE."

The policy also states: "A WWE Talent who is terminated by the WWE for a third violation will be prohibited from returning to the WWE for at least one year."

The statement above would currently apply to Chris Masters, William Regal and Jeff Hardy.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Jeff Hardy?

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

I hope he doesn't come back.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    Guys, what are your predictions for the PPV TLC:

Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton

John Morrison vs. Drew McIntyre for the IC Title