• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Lolz, number one, watch your language, man. And two, I agree with Max, its the truth....though I really miss his old entrance. Lolz.

Mewthree, any word on the parking lot? Lolz

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Latest On Shawn Michaels' Future In Wrestling, Heat On Announcer
    By Daniel Pena

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Shawn Michaels recently told company officials that he's looking to take more time off than originally planned. He believes he's financially set for life and his children are at a certain age where they like him around, and he knows that's a very short window.

Original plans called for Michaels to return at SummerSlam, but he's looking to hold his return off until late this year or early next year for a good WrestleMania storyline. Although, this could change depending on his mood or if any of the major Superstars come down with an injury. If you recall, two years ago, Michaels talked about not coming back for a long time as a result of knee problems. Then John Cena tore his pec and his wife joked that he would be getting a phone call soon. He received the phone call the next day and was back in the ring sooner than initially hoped.

Michaels appears unsure about his long-term future in wrestling as he's made noise about retiring next year at WrestleMania, but he also feels he can still make appearances at big shows well into his fifties like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. He also said that once his children become teenagers, being at home won't be as much as priority anymore as his kids won't want to hang around him as much. At that point, he'd be more open to spending more time on the road.

-- Vince McMahon was said to really be on Michael Cole's case at last week's Raw taping.

-- WWE hauled in the steel cage for last night's SmackDown/ECW taping, but the Edge vs. Jeff Hardy dark match following the tapings lasted a mere four minutes.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • BIG NEWS HOT OF THE PRESS'S

Report: WWE Moving All Next Week's Tapings To The Staples Center
    Written by Ryan Gray

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that next week's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw will be held at the Staples Center. The LA Times is also reporting that WWE will move Tuesday's SmackDown/ECW from Colorado Springs, Colorado to the Staples Center as well.

WWE has yet to confirm the moves. You can read the Los Angeles Times article at this link.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Why is everyone here is talking about Michael Cole & Shawn Michaels, if you all should be talking about Mr. Kennedy returning!?!?!?

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • We already talked about him in the pervious page. He's not some sort of god that we have to praise him.

Oh and that submission PPV thing you said mewthree, I say the best name would be Breaking Point. But thats just me..

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • I agree with you, that would be a good name. But what PPV would it replace???

WrestleMania... might as well.

The submission match between John Cena and Big Show at Extreme Rules is a stupid idea. Extreme Rules is supposed to be a hardcore PPV... Submission matches are not traditionally hardcore...

Edit: Is there a reason this thread isn't stickied?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • There is a reason why: The Staff doesn't want to see it sticky'd.

Breaking Point would a cool name for a Pay-Per-View. However, why do I see it more of a TNA thing and not WWE…?

Years
  • I'm so bored of WWE (or WWF as it was known when I watched it) and professional wrestling on the whole, simply because the new main eventers suck and all the good ones were main eventtng in 2000 or earlier.

If HHH gets another near year long championship reign, I am going to scream. He gets WAY WAY WAAYYY too much screen time in WWE, and John Cena is a wanna be black gangster with no in ring talent, he wouldn't even take a bump through a table for Edge at one point, even Divas have taken that from people like the Dudleyz!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Actually, I think The new PPV is taking place of Extreme Rules if I'm not wrong.

Seriously, You all are haters, no offence. Honestly, though I think the chances of it happening is like 0.000000001%, tell me you would like to see evolution back. Dont hate Randy. Lolz, though his tactics with DiBiase and Rodes do disgust me.

Estobon, If I do recall, Kennedy and undertaker had a Last Ride match like 2 years, ago, one that he lost, REAL easyly to. Though, I gotta give him credit for being Mr. MITB at Wrestlemania 23.

Breaking Point is my vote. It goes perfectly with the Submission stipulation.

Leon, I do agree with the fact that the new main eventers are a little "noobish" compared to stars like The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold. But you gotta give WWE/WWF credit. It might not be as well, but their hanging in there.

HHH only cares about the number of championship belts he has...I was sorta glad he lost at Backlash....

Don't Hate Cena........Thats all I got to say about that, cause the rest is personal between me and my GF.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are they taking Extreme Rules away? That sucks.

The key word he said was he "thinks"
    I wouldn't want this type of PPV to be for WWE. I think its suits TNA or ROH more.
    Anyone know why WWE changed the name ECW One Night Stand to Extreme Rules?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back