• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Wow...Donald Trump is the new owner of RAW....do you think he'll be able to put the WWE back on iits feet?

No. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE stayed off of its feet for a few more years due to the lack of creativity. Hell, the NHL and NASCAR is doing better than WWE and both of those companies are still growing and losing popularity respectively.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    USA Network Admits Donald Trump Buying RAW Is Just A Storyline
    By Michael Bluth

On Monday's Three-for-All RAW special, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon announced that he sold the company's flagship brand, RAW, to billionaire Donald Trump. The USA Network issued the following statement today, clarifying the situation for WWE fans (and more importantly, investors):

USA Network Statement Re: WWE Monday Night RAW

NEW YORK, June 18 /PRNewswire/ -- "USA Network and WWE issued a press release on June 16 that referred to Monday Night RAW's storyline of a 'sale' of WWE's RAW to Donald Trump. We intended the release to be promotional for that ongoing story arc on the series. There is no such actual 'sale'. We apologize for any confusion."

Characters Welcome.

Wrestlers Upset Over Vickie Guerrero's Sendoff On Raw Last Week
    By Daniel Pena

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

A number of wrestlers were upset over the nature of Vickie Guerrero's sendoff from WWE last week on Monday Night Raw. Either enough people in the company were, or some sponsors were, because when they replayed the segment on this week's show, they cut out everything that could possibly be offensive out of the segment.

Many believe there is no way Eddie Guerrero would have allowed his wife to be verbally abused in the manner she was, storyline or not. The idea that he would have gone along with almost anything that would have provided for his family really only came about after he passed away. When his close friend Art Barr passed away in 1994, he told AAA officials he would do nothing that would exploit his death.

Following her sendoff, many people went up to Guerrero to say good-bye and complement her on how well she did in the role. She's largely leaving because she has two daughters who are teenagers at home and didn't think, as a single mother, she should be away two or three days per week.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    WWE Releases Candice Michelle
    By Daniel Pena

Courtesy of WWE.com:

Candice Michelle released
    Written: June 19, 2009

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Candice Michelle as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Candice the best in all future endeavors.

WWE Releases Raw Wrestler
    By Daniel Pena

Courtesy of WWE.com:

Sim Snuka released

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Sim Snuka as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Sim the best in all future endeavors.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    You know, while I was watching Friday Night Smackdown! I had a thought: Would Chris Benoit be inducted in the Hall of Fame? I know he didn't leave on the best terms but why not?

Also, Edge beat Morrison. Yeah.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    You know, while I was watching Friday Night Smackdown! I had a thought: Would Chris Benoit be inducted in the Hall of Fame? I know he didn't leave on the best terms but why not?

I don't think they will ever induct him because if you remember as soon as they found out what really happen they hushed up a pretended nothing had happened.

I dont get Smackdown ever since they changed networks again. (Stupid Direct TV)

I knew that Donald Trump buying was a storyline and not real to begin with, although this could be an interesting one at least.

I'm starting to lose interest with WWE is a whole the storys are just getting ridiculous the Randy breaking Batisa's arm that was really badly faked and Batisa just got back like 2 months ago and the their going to write himout again.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I don't think they will ever induct him because if you remember as soon as they found out what really happen they hushed up a pretended nothing had happened.
    Which is real sad since he did so much for that company. I noticed that wrestling started to get boring a little bit before he died.

I knew that Donald Trump buying was a storyline and not real to begin with, although this could be an interesting one at least.
    I found Trump's storylines to be quite boring to be honest. The guy doesn't interest me at all.

I'm starting to lose interest with WWE is a whole the storys are just getting ridiculous the Randy breaking Batisa's arm that was really badly faked and Batisa just got back like 2 months ago and the their going to write himout again.
    Join the club. I started to lose interest years ago but I still watch it for nostalgia.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years

It's not WWE's fault he's being written out again. The big oaf keeps getting injured.

I really REALLY hope Jericho beats Mysterio at The Bash because Rey Mysterio as the underdog face is getting ol- wait no. It got old about 5 years ago!

Also; in a recent interview Jericho did with about.com he talks about having a match with Undertaker somewhere in the near future, possibly at WrestleMania:

-- In an interview with About.com, it's noted that Chris Jericho has yet to have face Undertaker in a one-on-one encounter. He's asked to compare ending his undefeated streak at WrestleMania to beating "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Rock to become the first Undisputed Champion.

"It would be a huge deal. Obviously it would be at the same level," Jericho said. "But Undertaker is still on crutches as we speak so if he was smart he'd would stay on crutches and stay away from me. Now that I'm on his show, it is inevitable that our paths cross. I think he has been coasting for the past few years and has been taking it easy and living on his reputation. I'm not intimidated by him and we'll see what happens once he gets back."

Chris Jericho also said SmackDown is superior to Raw.

"Smackdown is the better show overall. Better performers, better wrestling," Jericho said. "I think it's a much better show. I think a lot of that has to do with the acquisitions of Punk and myself. With Mysterio, Hardy, Edge, and the Undertaker coming back I think there are some great combinations and some great matches to be had."

Jericho also said he's working on a second book through Grand Central Publishing, which published his first book, rather than WWE. He also says WWE ran some movie ideas through him (Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia and The Marine 2), but he wasn't interested.

Jericho also discusses the biggest difference between WCW and WWE, his upcoming appearance on Aaron Stone, the current status of Fozzy, and more.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    WWE Releases Candice Michelle
    By Daniel Pena

Courtesy of WWE.com:

Candice Michelle released

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Candice Michelle as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Candice the best in all future endeavors.
    NO!!!! NO!! WHY???????????
    NOT CANDICE MICHELLE!!!!! WHY????????
    WHY DID THEY RELEASE HER???
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    It's not WWE's fault he's being written out again. The big oaf keeps getting injured.

I am pretty sure it was faked because if it was real we would have heard something before Monday, if it was real they would have taken it serious like when Randy Orton broke his collar bone in last year or when Shawn broke his back.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
    I am pretty sure it was faked because if it was real we would have heard something before Monday, if it was real they would have taken it serious like when Randy Orton broke his collar bone in last year or when Shawn broke his back.

Update On Batista's Injury
    By Brad Ingles

To update the Batista injury story I posted earlier, it is now being said that he was diagnosed this afternoon with a torn tendon in the biceps. It is believed to have occurred about three weeks ago and according to sources, it was caused by wear and tear. The injury is a partial tear so he will not miss much time.

Batista's injury is real, it happened at Extreme Rules.

I'm glad that Vince bought back Raw. Randy Orton vs Triple H in a 3 Stages of Hell match will be a great match. It's the first 3 Stages of Hell match since Ric Flair vs Mick Foley a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Jeez, both me and my GF are pissed about John Cena's Match at the Bash. AGainst the Miz! Do you think that's fair, and be honest.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Jeez, both me and my GF are pissed about John Cena's Match at the Bash. AGainst the Miz! Do you think that's fair, and be honest.

I know, I'm so upset that they have John Cena in a rivalry with The Miz. Seriously? The Miz? What's next? Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler? Edge vs. Hornswoggle? Triple H vs. Gregory Helms? Mickie James vs. Rosa Mendez? Ugh.

It looks like Triple H is going to win at The Bash.

Last edited:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Matt Hardy Injured At Last Night's WWE TVs
    Written by Richard Gray

Matt Hardy suffered what is believed to be a torn abdominal muscle in his match with MVP and Kofi Kingston for the United States Championship during last night's WWE Superstars taping at the Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Hardy is expected to undergo surgery later this week to repair the injury.

This match will air on Thursday's edition of WWE Superstars on WGN America.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
    yep. I hope he loses to The Miz too.

What's next? Edge vs. Hornswoggle? Mickie James vs. Rosa Mendez? Ugh.
    That edge match would be awesome. Kicking Hornswoggles annoying little ass around. then the worthless Goldust comes in and tries to stop it and he gets beat up by Edge as well.

Oh my gawd... I think The Hurricane may be coming back!

The Hurricane was cool with his sidekick S.H.I.T.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back