• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Tower Minister Roman

Round 1

Base of the Tower, entering the first time

Tower Minister Roman: "Ahahaha! So you think you have the skill to defeat five trainers in a row?

Heh! You've got guts, kid! Tell you what, if you do manage to defeat my five star pupils and then defeat me, all without losing a battle, I'll let you in on a little secret about this island!

I'll be waiting for you at the top of Battle Tower! So says the Tower Minister, Roman!"

Trainer 1 - Cooltrainer Markus

Pre-Battle: "Haha! I'm the defensive master of the Battle Tower! If you can scale this mountain, then I'll give you the key to the next floor!"

Payout Line: "Impressive. You may have what it takes to make it to the top!"

Post-Battle: "See you around, kid! And don't give in, it only gets harder from here!"

Trainer 2 - Psychic Omendo

Pre-Battle: "Hmph. I don't care if you are the genius kid that destroyed Team Enel, I will prove to Roman that you're just another punk!"

Payout Line: "... Whatever, you're still just a punk!"

Post-Battle: "You don't deserve to join up with The Minister!"

Trainer 3 - Dragon Tamer Liam

Pre-Battle: "Oh, hello, wonderful day isn't it? Huh, a battle? Sure, why not, I need the practice."

Payout Line: "That was awesome!"

Post-Battle: "Just between you and me, there's something strange about Tower Minister Roman, but I can't quite put my finger on it... well good luck!"

Trainer 4 - Farmer Lando

Pre-Battle: "Ha ha ha! ... Gimme a hearty laugh, kid! Ha! Ha ha ha! There we go! Now, how's about we get down to business? Let's do some fighting!"

Payout Line: "That was a great battle, Kiddo!"

Post-Battle: "Watch out for the next guy, he's dead serious about everything!"

Trainer 5 - Enel Lenena

Pre-Battle: "You! I will get revenge for my fallen comrades! Prepare to face the last of Team Enel!"

Payout Line: "NO!"

Post-Battle: "No! I refuse to accept this defeat! .... just kidding! Actually, I've been working undercover with the Tower Minister for years, trying to take down his rivals Team Enel. You did the job for me, and, well... umm... thanks?"

Tower Minister Roman

Pre-Battle: "You've done well to make it this far, kid. Welcome... to the top floor of the Battle Tower, and the place where Deoxys is said to appear to the worthy.

Give me a battle to remember you by, and maybe we will impress Deoxys enough for him to come!"

Payout Line: "Haha! An excellent battle! Even if Deoxys does not come, I am satisfied for now with this!"

Post-Battle: "It is a pity that Deoxys hasn't come, but you are an amazing trainer. Will you accept the Silver Tower Seal, and return when you have the other Silver Seals? I will be stronger then.

Oh, right, the secret about the island. This island that the Frontier is built on is protected by Deoxys. Without his protection and his favor, this place would be crushed by meteors every month. Isn't that something else?"

ROUND 2

Tower Entrance

Enel Lenena: "Ah! Hey, you! Listen up! Two of our trainers had been looking for the power of Deoxys, and hypnotized the Tower Minister! They've managed to beat back everyone we've sent up against them, but since you made it up and got the Silver Tower Seal, maybe you can help?

We have to stop them before they anger Deoxys, without him there's nothing to stop meteors from crushing the Frontier to itty-bitty bits!"

Trainer 6 - Prometheus

Pre-Battle: "You seek to stop our master from taking Deoxys? Hah! Nothing will stop our master now!"

Payout Line: "Ha, your power is nothing compared to Roman's new power!"

Post-Battle: "...and now I shall retreat and warn The Minister! Have fun dealing with my partner!"

Trainer 7 - Andromeda

Pre-Battle: "...sorry."

Payout Line: "...thank you."

Post-Battle: "...please stop them."

Tower Minister Roman, Round 2

Pre-Battle: "Ha hA Ha hA! I will BRING THIS ISLAND TO ITS knees!

Hrrgh~! [Player]! He-he-help- me!

hA Ha hA! I am in conrol, HALFWIT! If you do not stand down, TOWER MINISTER ROMAN will kill you!

Hrrgh~! [Player]! Ple-e-ease! There-are too many-innocent

hA Ha hA! The innocents will SUFFER FOR what they have done TO ME!"

Payout Line: "Ha hA Ha hA! Deoxys will STILL COME! he will be ANGRY at what has been DONE to his LANDS! he will CLEANSE the ISLAND!"

Post-Battle:

Roman: "Ha hA Ha hA!"

(Prometheus, Andromeda and Enel Lenena show up, as does Deoxys.)

Prometheus: "Deoxys!? Yes! It was a success! Andromeda, the Master Ball if you please!"

Andromeda: "...wait, brother. Now is not the time."

Roman: "Ha hA Ha Hrrrg!"

(Deoxys smacks Roman around a bit.)

Deoxys: "Find me atop this tower if you wish to try your power against mine."

(Deoxys returns to the SKY)

Prometheus: "Wait, Deoxys, come back! I just want to make you mine!"

Andromeda: "...farewell, Deoxys. I look forward to our next meeting."

Lenena: "Roman! Are you alright?"

Roman: "...ugh, my head... what happened?"

Andromeda: "...you lost to [Player] and blacked out."

Lenena: "Thank you, [Player], for your help. I'd offer you the Gold Tower Seal, but it's not mine to offer."

Roman: "But it is mine to offer. If this strange girl is telling the truth, then you deserve the Gold Seal... but I wish I could remember the battle..."

Andromeda: "...it is better that you not."

Roman: "Well, in any case, here is your Gold Tower Seal! Wear it with pride! And if you wish to battle me again, you know where to find me! Andromeda, Prometheus, we need to prepare for the next challenger!"

Prometheus: "But what about Deoxys?"

Roman: "What?"

Andromeda: "...it was fated to be this way. Deoxys does not like you anyway, Prometheus."

Roman: "What are you talking about?"

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Its okay, Zeta, I forgive you; from the looks of your first submission I bet you have your hands full with the rest. Sorry I've been out this week but the submissions have been top notch. I'll have comments up sometime in the next few days, and I need to update the schedule as to when this round closes.

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I'm out of this round too. I tried to post, but somehow my laptop glitched and I lost connection. It was the full Tower and I didn't copy/save it...

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I'm thinking we might skip this round and move on; no one completed a submission so tomorrow we'll move on to the next round. I'm sorry I wasn't active this round, Valentine's Day is more like a week for me =P. I'll be on top of it next round.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    So what, just a generic tower then?

I guess that's cool...

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Well, I'll try to edit mine. I might not make it, but I'll try to. Still sick, though, my body is in pain.

Last edited:

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    Is it just me or does it seem more and more of the recent submissions include (if yes) and (if no) options now. I wonder who thought of that lol. I'm mainly posting to say i probably won't post any more submissions :(. Real life demands too much. But at least I made it in to the Elite 4.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Even though nothing of mine has made it in, I've come up with some good story ideas for Dariath League (if I ever get back to working on that) and I've definitely had fun so far!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Sorry I couldn't get one in guys, I was out for the past 4 days playing water polo down in L.A. :/ I'll be active this week though, so next round I can definitely produce something.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    We're just gonna break until Sunday. I know that I have been absent for the last three days, but it couldn't be helped; I didn't even have enough time to get on a computer and type this up. Enjoy your break everyone, project starts up again on Sunday. (FYI it definitely will start Sunday, I already have the Opening Round + Poll typed up, all that's left are the Poll Results). See you all then

EDIT: People have been wondering about the Battle Tower in the game now. I'm debating between not including it and making one myself. I might skip it; one less thing to script.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    =========================================================
    Poll
    Because no submissions were completed this round, there is no poll to be held.
    Results
    The long awaited results are in and we have our winner for the first round of the Battle Frontier. Congratulations to...Zeta Dimentio. Your submission was incredible, and will no doubt shape the quality of all submissions to come throughout the last three (!!) rounds. If you consistently produce work like that in these final rounds, you might make a clean sweep!
    Current Round
    The current round is Round 19: Battle Stadium. The following are the requirements.

Levels & Amount of Trainers

• Round 1: 8 Trainers [LvL 100] ..| Frontier Brain: [LvL 110]

• Round 2: 4 Trainers [LvL 100] ....| Frontier Brain: [LvL 120]
    Remember, the Frontier Brain and Frontier Trainers can have a "star" pokemon which exceeds the max level by 5.

Battle Style

• Battle Frontier Trainers: All the trainers have the same style. A 3v3 Battle with no legendary pokemon allowed.
    • Battle Stadium: This Frontier Brain is a Standard 6v6 Battle.
    Battle Conditions

• Battle Stadium: In the Stadium you are offered 6 Random Rental Pokemon. You can either take the whole set or use 3 of the Rental Pokemon and use three of your own. Your pokemon are healed before each fight.
    Where to Find Information
    I require pictures & competitive movesets (complete with EVs and Natures) in the Battle Frontier sections. Any post that lacks either of these will not be counted. Here is where you can find them:

Sprites

www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html - This is the site I use for most pictures: you can get them quite fast.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page - Bulbapedia is great for a wide variety of things. You also get access to HG/SS on this site, which you cannot do on the first site.

Competitive Movesets

www.smogon.com - Easy, quick access to competitive movesets. Search the pokemon's name and look for a moveset that fits the team.

www.serebii.com - If the pokemon has been featured under Pokemon of the Day, you can get competetive movesets about them.

Obviously, there are also competitive movesets to be found on Pokecommunity.

NOTE: I am not advertising these sites, I am providing links to them as they provide information that is relevant to what I am asking of people during the Elite 4 rounds.

ALSO, I would love to see people go beyond the slate if they can, do whatever you can think of. All of the gyms that were selected went above and beyond in some way, so think of a way you can.
    ==============================================================
    Schedule
    ==============================================================
    The rounds for the Battle Frontier are 7 days long; the Frontier requires less than do the Rivals, thus a shorter time to do them. If anyone is in need of an extension, I will extend the round by 2 days, no longer. The following is the schedule we will follow unless an extension is needed.

February 1st - February 7th - Battle Factory
    February 8th - February 22th - Battle Tower
    February 22th - February 28th - Battle Stadium
    March 1st - March 7th - Battle Palace
    March 8th - March 14th - Battle Chateau
    March 15th - A Look Back At The Project

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    My submission will be up tomorrow. It might have to be split into two posts again, due to the sheer size of it... again.

(20 Pages in OpenOffice without full teams and strategies.)

I wish everyone else luck with their submissions.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    Congratulation Zeta ! =) Alright time for the Battle Stadium Workout!!

Battle Stadium
    Round 1
    Spoiler:

To Be Continued

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Note: I have to split this into two posts, it's more then 50,000 characters w/o the pictures, so Round 1 will be in this post, and Round 2 will be in the next. I will be finishing this, and maybe the other post, tomorrow. And yes, I used a random pokemon generator for this.

Round 1:
    Spoiler:

I will post Round 2 after someone else posts, just in case.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Here goes my submission. I don't want to break Zeta's storyline, so (zeta try to e-mail me the overall plot if you can, it would help) I'll connect mine with it!

The Battle Stadium
    Leader: Stadium Legend Benito

Round 1

(In a dark area, three figures are huddled under a dim light)

1: Why are we gathering here, of all places? I could just fly us over to my spa, you know...

2: Quiet! It's better for us to meet here because of what will be revealed. Now, silence! The boss is talking!

3: Gentlemen... I'm disappointed in the overall function of the Supremacy at this tournament. Our first two schemes have failed completely, all because of this Enel champion. We need to clear him out.

1: Boss, how do you suggest we do that?

3: The Supremacy has several branches, Layton. Since the Battle Stadium is open to all comers this time around, we can easily plant in some of my most powerful agents from Orre in the tournament to wipe (player's name) out.

2: Orre, Boss? You don't mean...

3: That is exactly what I mean, Spryton. I want you to go in as well as an honest Trainer. What we want to do is disqualify (player name) from the tournament so we don't have to lose to him completely. You'll know what to do when the time is right.

Spryton: Got it, boss. I'll head to the Stadium right away.

3: Very good. The two of you can go now. (3 walks into the shadows)

Layton: What did he mean by "You'll know what to do?"

Spryton: That's for me to find out. Take care of my branch while I'm at the Stadium. A few of them love Viridian Whisky a bit too much, and can cause problems at times. (Spryton leaves, and the screen fades to the player standing at the Battle Stadium entrance)

(When the player attempts to walk into the Battle Stadium, a tall, buff man with red hair walks into the player.)

Man: Huh? Oh, sorry buddy, didn't see you there. Let me introduce myself. I am Dakun, a visitor from the Orre region? You haven't heard of it? We have some of the greatest technology in the entire world! Here, let me intrigue you with a piece of it. (Obtained the Arm Contraption!!) Don't worry, I have one of my own. You see, Orre has had two Shadow Pokemon crises in the past. This contraption was created to capture Shadow Pokemon and open the doors to their hearts. It really is pretty awesome, but really its now used for decorative purposes nowadays. Anyways, I need to be going now. There's a trainer inside that is just stomping everybody, and I need to heal my Pokemon. Take care, kid! (Man walks off)

(Player then walks inside)

Receptionist: Welcome to the Battle Stadium! Please show me your card so I can enter you in the challenge... Oh? You're (Username)? It's an honor to meet you! Anyways, since you are in the winners portion of the tournament, you can go right in. But first, would you like to substitute some of your Pokemon for some of our Rentals? You can replace 3.

(If the player picks 3)

Alright then, select the Pokemon you wish to swap... you can now pick from our selection of Rental Pokemon!Well, actually... our Rental Pokemon had to be swapped due to the banning of some of our old Rentals from the Frontier. Go ahead and pick some of the Battle Factory selections instead!

(If the player says no or when the Pokemon swapping is completed)

Alright then, go on in, (username), and good luck!

Rental Pokemon Available:
    Spoiler:

Announcer: Welcome all, to the Battle Stadium portion of the tournament!! I am James Spence, and I'll be the announcer for this round! In the Battle Stadium, we will be doing a King of the Hill tournament challenge! This means that 5 new trainers who have registered for this event can compete against our top 16 battlers from the last round and attempt to take their place! The 8 Trainers with the best win-loss records in this round will then move on to the tournament round, where the winner of the tournament can challenge our very own Benito!! But first, let me introduce our 16 winners from the last round!!

Announcer: Our first Trainer here is famous around Johto for being the first person to climb to the top of Mount Silver with only his Pokemon! Give it up for the hardy Hiker Walter Simms! (Walter steps forward, then moves to one of 16 battle squares in the stadium)

Announcer: This young man is considered to be one of the greatest trainers of all time, having conquered Mount Battle in Orre as well as beating the legendary Orre Colosseum! The former hero of Orre, Ace Trainer Michael Smith! (Michael steps forward, then moves to another square)

Announcer: Now here's a special treat for all of you Kanto folks! A young man who boasts some of the most innovative technology in the world because of his father's position as CEO of Silph Co.! Please welcome Andrew Layton!! (Andrew walks over to a square)

Announcer: A former champion snowboarder, this battler has taken his expertise in snowboarding and used it with his Pokemon to become a truly amazing battler! From the snowy areas of the Sinnoh region, its Moby Jones!! (Moby walks over to a square)

(Screen fades out and in, and all of the battlers are in their 16 squares)

Announcer: Now that everybody is ready to go, let's begin this King of the Hill Challenge! In the square belonging to (player name), A man named only as Resix will be challenging the Enel Champion!

Spryton (from stands): Resix? Why does that sound familiar...

Resix: I don't need my brothers here to beat you! Le's get this match started!!

vs. Hi-Tech Man Resix

Appearance: Resix is wearing red body armor with dark orange wings sticking out of the back.

Pokemon:

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature- Blaze
    252 Spa/ 32 HP/ 224 Spe

Eruption
    Fire Blast
    Hidden Power Grass
    Focus Blast

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature- Blaze
    64 Atk/ 192 Spe/ 252 Spa

Close Combat
    Fire Blast
    Grass Knot
    Hidden Power Ice

(CAP Pokemon inbound!!)

Pyroak @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature- Rock Head
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Dragon Dance
    Wood Hammer
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake

Defeat Dialogue: Brothers, I have failed!!

Announcer: The winner is (username)! His/Her record now improves to 1-0!!

Resix: Just you wait! My brothers will get their revenge on you somehow!! (runs off)

Announcer: Let's continue on over in Moby's battle square, where Moby and Swimmer Ganesh will face off!!

(Spryton walks off of stands and into concession area, where the player has also walked to for a drink).

(Spryton meets up with a blue-armored man)

Man: Want us to pull the trap now, boss?

Spryton: Save it for the tournament round, Blusix. Doing it now would be a waste. Besides, I'm sure your newest addition wants to rampage a little bit first.

Blusix: Got it,... (Turns and notices player staring at them, ! sign appears. Blusix walks up to player) Why are you looking at me like that? You have no idea who you're messing with, punk! (Marches off)

(Player heads back in to battle area.)

Announcer: Alright, now that each of the former winners has battled once, a new set of trainers will come in and challenge the winners! Over in (name's) square, the Enel champion will be taking on Boarder Razel Nouncer from Johto!!

Razel: It's Battle royale time!!!

vs. Boarder Razel

Appearance: Standard Boarder trainer, but dark skinned and wears a Jamaican hat.

Pokemon:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature- Snow Warning
    4 Atk/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe

Substitute
    Leech Seed
    Blizzard
    Focus Punch

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature- Snow Cloak
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Stone Edge
    Superpower

Walrein @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature- Ice Body
    220 HP/ 248 Def/ 48 Spe

Surf
    Substitute
    Protect
    Ice Beam

Defeat Dialogue: I'm down and out!!

Announcer: And there we have it!! The winner of this battle is Enel Champion (user name).

Razel: Let's... just pretend this never happened. (walks off)

Announcer: Over in the next square, we have Bodybuilder Douglas taking on Moby Jones!!

(Player walks out to the concession stand once again. There, he runs into Kamika)

Kamika: Ahhhh! It's the creeper!! What? What am I doing here? Simple! I heard that one of the trainers at this tournament had a Mew!! Once I find that trainer, I'm going to battle him for the Mew and take it from him!! Ahahahahaha! Now, get lost! (runs off)

Spryton (from a distance): Hmm... a Mew, eh? We'll see who gets to it first, lady. (walks off. Player walks back to battle area)

To be continued...

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Round 2

Spoiler:

Rental Pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Amazing submissions so far guys, keep 'em coming! Comments will be up Friday, so try and get something solid done that I can comment on by then. From what I've seen so far, it looks like the quality of this round is gonna be high. I'm hoping more people choose to submit today; if not, I will have to do some hardcore marketing of this project =P.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Quick question: Is Heatran forbidden from being used by In-House Trainers?

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Heatran is a legendary, and is forbid until the Battle Chateau when any pokemon can be used.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Comments are coming today, have the submissions been updated since I last looked?

Back