• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposed Tennessee bill would make it a crime to practice Sharia law.

N64

LOL WUT?
Years
  • Wow I just typed wayyy too much and had the server say it was too busy, then a database error happen and then it said it was too busy again. Visit this site for more info in Radical Islam. As for the Christian/Juedeo thing it happens in small numbers if you compare it to Islam.

and it won't let me insert the link because it has to be URL after 15 posts? Good grief...

When Islam is in the dominant minorities such as Christians or Jews expierience harsh persecutions, criticism, and abuse even to the point of murder. But when the Christians for example are in dominant Muslims seek terror on them until their muslims deeds are completeed. You say it's not violent and that Christianity is just as equal? Really is it? These points you try to make for example a Christian murdering an abortion doctor happen very rarely compared to the events of Islam.

Would any of you preach against Islam in let's say Iran? Pakistan? Saudia Arabia?

No you won't and why not? It speaks for itself.

My time here is done. I would've liked to show my over a page of facts and verses but like I said it kept saying "Server is too busy, try again later". Then it went to a database error before it started working. So whatever I came here to enjoy a pokemon site not debate whether or not Sharia LAW ( THEY SAY LAW FOR A REASON ) is good for society which anyone with common sense or even vague knoweledge of religion knows it is the complete opposite for a normal healthy society. Keep on believing it's alright. Sharia Law is classified as a division of 'RADICAL Islam for a reason ya know. Heck lets see if Jihad is alright next?? Anyway peace out, and hope to see you guys in the other sections.

Last edited:

Everyone Esplode Noaw

Resident Russia Fanboy
    Years
  • I've read the first page. And as a Tennessean, I am disgusted a some people's narrow minded assumptions. Some people may not act this way if this was happening in let's say... California.

I live with a homophobic father; I'm chill with gay people.
    I live in a Christian home; I don't shove bibles down peoples' throats.
    I am and have been friends with people of many races and religions.

So, I dislike this so called "bill" that shouldn't even be in existence.

--
    Yeah, I haven't read the other comments made by some people, but the posts are there and I can't see anyone getting their opinions changed by people on the internet in one page.

I find some people's complete and utter abuse of sectionalism DISGUSTING.

Years
  • Actually, this is the most rational thing anyone here has said so far. Why bother enacting said law if the thing it's denying wasn't a big problem in the first place? It all reeks of bigotry to be honest.

Tennessee doesn't strike me as a place with a Muslim population high enough that would even warrant it in the first place. :/

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • When Islam is in the dominant minorities such as Christians or Jews expierience harsh persecutions, criticism, and abuse even to the point of murder. But when the Christians for example are in dominant Muslims seek terror on them until their muslims deeds are completeed. You say it's not violent and that Christianity is just as equal? Really is it? These points you try to make for example a Christian murdering an abortion doctor happen very rarely compared to the events of Islam.
    Um, you're kidding right? What about the Crusades? Nearly a (EDIT: half millennium) of Christian persecution, mass murder, rape, destruction, and against Muslims, no less. Get a grip, people can and do commit evil acts in the name of anything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Um, you're kidding right? What about the Crusades? Nearly a millennium of Christian persecution, mass murder, rape, destruction, and against Muslims, no less. Get a grip, people can and do commit evil acts in the name of anything.

Just popping in to make a correction. The Crusades lasted about two centuries, not a millennium.

Get a grip, people can and do commit evil acts in the name of anything.

Quoted for truth.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Just popping in to make a correction. The Crusades lasted about two centuries, not a millennium.
    They mainly took place over the course of 200 or so years, but they lasted well into the 15th century. You're right, though, that's still not a millennium, my bad.

Years
  • First off, I want to know where the heck did this delusion come from. How is Sharia (LAW! Excuse me, princess) wrong, in anyway? It's the same a Christian Congregation.

Second of all, most of what Islam teaches is common sense. Read the entire thing, and you'll see. I'm just saying, for those who think Islam is all about violence (when Christian History is hella lot more violent and gory).

Third of all, how can any really good Muslim say anything when over half of the nation's population CAN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. Also, some of the older ones couldn't have got past the 8th grade, and their children are quite horrible to say the least. Maybe in most of your eyes they're being free, but in mine they're lying to their parents by not translating some things for them, some girls take off their hijab (which is actually prohibited in Islam, so all those who say they can aren't well read, and my grandfather's a sheikh so yeah), and mostly everything about Islam is screwed up in America, not gonna lie.

Fourth of all, N64, how much experience do you have with the Islamic crowd? I just want to get the basic idea of how you're making comments such as these:

When Islam is in the dominant minorities such as Christians or Jews expierience harsh persecutions, criticism, and abuse even to the point of murder. But when the Christians for example are in dominant Muslims seek terror on them until their muslims deeds are completeed. You say it's not violent and that Christianity is just as equal? Really is it? These points you try to make for example a Christian murdering an abortion doctor happen very rarely compared to the events of Islam.

Excuse me? That's not true, at all. If they are doing that, something is very wrong, the Qur'an says we should respect other religions.

Would any of you preach against Islam in let's say Iran? Pakistan? Saudia Arabia?

Would you preach against Christianity in America? Why not? It speaks for itself.

In English: Muslims founded those countries, Christians founded this one. I honestly don't get why people don't get that now, since most of our "fair" laws are Christian and Free Mason influenced.

If we all lived like Mohammed we would be in prison. If we lived like Jesus Christ we would be perfect.

Actually, if we lived both ways we wouldn't be perfect even that way, come on man there's no such thing as perfect, at least in human terms.

And before you say Muhammed married a little girl, he didn't have sex with her until she was at the right age. Otherwise, God would've killed him on site. He's not a pedophile, the same as arranged marriage really.

That's all I want to say, and clear up a few misconceptions about Islam in general. My entire family practices it to the extent my grandfather is the main sheikh of the largest New York City mosque (aka mosque of the country, really), and I practice probably the hardest school of thought to be in as a Muslim, and...yeah that's pretty much it, sorry for earlier.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I would just like to point out a few things, that although the Qur'an does say to beat (or in some translations 'hit' or 'strike', not "beat up") the women as a last resort, muslims are also commanded to follow the example of the Prophets, primarily the last Prophet Muhammad, pbuta.

Muhammad never beat up a woman, and he said that the best among men are the best with their women, and that he himself is the best among men. He did however give the example of striking her with a miswak stick only once, which pretty much equates to a harmless tap. If anyone has seen a miswak stick, you'll know just how weak and flimsy those things are, even the bigger sized ones aren't that substntial. I don't think you could actually hurt anyone by striking with one of those if you tried. It's more of a psychological message of disapproval, than a physical message of pain.

Divorce is the most disliked of permissible things and if a man and a woman can't have a peaceful relationship together, and they have exhausted all other options, then they can divorce. There is no need nor excuse for a man to be harming his wife.

Sadly, many muslim husbands take that small excerpt of the Qur'an completely out of context, ignoring (or ignorant of) hadith and sunnah (which muslims are supposed to consider just as much as the Qur'an), and use it as an excuse to abuse their wives. Thus, you get the myth that muslims are told it's okay to beat up their wives.

As for "killing the infedels" this was a very specific case in history referring to those who have broken oaths and conspired to fight against the muslims. This didn't promote indiscriminate killing of all non-muslims, but only those who were aggressors towards muslims. There are other verses in that same chapter (9) that refer to protecting those non-muslims who seek assylum and those who have not conspired against the muslims. In other chapters before and chapter 9, there are verses that command muslims to fight those who fight against them, and others that forbid muslims from fighting those who don't fight against them.

Multiple wives are allowed in islam, but islam is the only religion that puts a cap on this. A man cannot be married to more than 4 women at any one time. Muslim men are also encouraged to only have one wife, unless they can be completely fair to multiple wives (and most men, to be honest, don't have the patience or resources to care for more than one wife). Being fair, of course, includes considering his current wife's feelings on the matter and if she will be able to cope with another woman in her husband's life. There may be practical reasons why it might be preferable for women to be able to marry a man who is already married, since as the ages go up, the women to men ratio increases and it gets harder and harder for women to re-marry if, say, she loses a husband. It at the very least prevents her from falling into adultery with married men. There are other practical reasons that can be looked up in you're interested.

I don't think any muslim in their right mind expects non-muslims to accept Sharia law to be honest, since sharia law is for muslims. It's illogical, since the aim for muslims is to spread islam in a kind and gentle manner, not force it upon others and then punish them for things they didn't understand they weren't supposed to do, or for things that they don't believe in but at the same time don't prevent you from practising (going back to not being aggressive to the non-believers who are not aggressive to you).

At the same time though, there are optional sharia courts in some countries that offer the option for sharia law for muslims in non-muslim countries, without enforcing it on the non-muslims. To prevent this, I think, isn't right at all since the particular opposing non-muslims don't gain anything from preventing it. It's just spiteful, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Anthraxinsoup

Professional Vidya Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that you're right, though your morality is still a flawed premise. I dismiss pedophilia not on a "moral" basis, but on a rational one. I think any talk of morality in a discussion does constitute intellectual laziness. (Also, Pedophilia in of itself is not wrong, it's when it comes to harm self or others that it becomes... well harmful)

btw, I wouldn't consider my overall philosophy Nietzschean, as I disagree on his ideas about the will to power and I also believe he places too much emphasis on individualism.
    It is a diagnosed mental disorder accepted by pretty much all of the Scientific community. Your Views are heavily based in his, even if they differ a little bit. Also, How is being moral mean you are intellectual laziness. You pose many questions for yourself in your answers. Morals are thought up of over thousands of years. Having sex with a child is wrong, robs them of many many things in life.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I'll only give my prediction here and where I think we stand, because I don't want to get into a debate about Islam vs Christianity here on this site. That's kind of a touchy subject as I've learned in a previous post, and I'm not going there again. If you want my thoughts on it (Islam), I'll only do it via PM (and probably not directly on this site).

Anyway, I believe that it may get passed by the state, but the federal court will declare it unconstitutional. That's my prediction.

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Which is a clear cut reason why I don't live there anymore.

Anyways, why go so far? Shari'a is recognized by the fastest growing religion in the world. It's just like some decades back, when the US decided it was illegal to recognize Communist China (and instead recognize Taiwan) as a legitimate country.

Anthraxinsoup

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Which is a clear cut reason why I don't live there anymore.

Anyways, why go so far? Shari'a is recognized by the fastest growing religion in the world. It's just like some decades back, when the US decided it was illegal to recognize Communist China (and instead recognize Taiwan) as a legitimate country.
    The law practices many illegal things.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Bigotry and ignorance is everywhere and that is not something new. Seriously, I find if quite stupid that they are wasting their freaking tax dollars on passing this bill as if they actually have nothing better to do but to only target people's religious practices.

The law practices many illegal things.

So, you believe that Shariah consists of laws that promote pedophile, child molestation, terrorism, and Jihad that is commonly misunderstood by many people who believe that a person blows up oneself and screaming ALLAH-HU-AKBAR? That's what's depicted in today's media about Islam.

First of all in Islam, marriage is only possible when a woman is fully matured physically and mentally and the ability to handle the responsibilities reaches full maturity. Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) married Hazrat Aisha when she hit puberty and there were primarily reasons for it. Her marriage with the Prophet was basically a divine revelation and it took place for the benefit of Islam and to strengthen Holy Prophet's relation with his companion, Hazrat Abu Bakr (father of Hazrat Aisha.) With that being said, and there was no single incident of any pain/sexual abuse suffered by Hazrat Aisha.

Secondly, if a person blows up oneself it is considered as suicide that is not at all acceptable in Islam and such person would be rewarded hell. Martyring oneself in the battle field in the path of Allah is called Jihad where Muslims are only allowed to fight in defense of Islam if they are persecuted and tortured by a specific nation and it is definitely not as the same as committing suicide. Lastly, Islam forbids territorial attacks on both Muslims and non-Muslims by suicide bombings and killing innocent people. It is a blasphemy if one commits atrocities in the name of religion like on the 9/11 attacks.

Anthraxinsoup

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Bigotry and ignorance is everywhere and that is not something new. Seriously, I find if quite stupid that they are wasting their freaking tax dollars on passing this bill as if they actually have nothing better to do but to only target people's religious practices.

So, you believe that Shariah consists of laws that promote pedophile, child molestation, terrorism, and Jihad that is commonly misunderstood by many people who believe that a person blows up oneself and screaming ALLAH-HU-AKBAR? That's what's depicted in today's media about Islam.

First of all in Islam, marriage is only possible when a woman is fully matured physically and mentally and the ability to handle the responsibilities reaches full maturity. Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) married Hazrat Aisha when she hit puberty and there were primarily reasons for it. Her marriage with the Prophet was basically a divine revelation and it took place for the benefit of Islam and to strengthen Holy Prophet's relation with his companion, Hazrat Abu Bakr (father of Hazrat Aisha.) With that being said, and there was no single incident of any pain/sexual abuse suffered by Hazrat Aisha.

Secondly, if a person blows up oneself it is considered as suicide that is not at all acceptable in Islam and such person would be rewarded hell. Martyring oneself in the battle field in the path of Allah is called Jihad where Muslims are only allowed to fight in defense of Islam if they are persecuted and tortured by a specific nation and it is definitely not as the same as committing suicide. Lastly, Islam forbids territorial attacks on both Muslims and non-Muslims by suicide bombings and killing innocent people. It is a blasphemy if one commits atrocities in the name of religion like on the 9/11 attacks.
    It is still illegal to marry anyone under the age of 18 in most states. So it does practice illegal things. Also promotes many other illegal things.

Anthraxinsoup

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011

That's actually not true. You can marry under 18 with parental consent in several US states, and abroad.
    I said in many states. Even then you have to have parental consent, and most states still don't allow it at all really.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Wow I just typed wayyy too much and had the server say it was too busy, then a database error happen and then it said it was too busy again. Visit this site for more info in Radical Islam. As for the Christian/Juedeo thing it happens in small numbers if you compare it to Islam.

and it won't let me insert the link because it has to be URL after 15 posts? Good grief...

My time here is done. I would've liked to show my over a page of facts and verses but like I said it kept saying "Server is too busy, try again later". Then it went to a database error before it started working. So whatever I came here to enjoy a pokemon site not debate whether or not Sharia LAW ( THEY SAY LAW FOR A REASON ) is good for society which anyone with common sense or even vague knoweledge of religion knows it is the complete opposite for a normal healthy society. Keep on believing it's alright. Sharia Law is classified as a division of 'RADICAL Islam for a reason ya know. Heck lets see if Jihad is alright next?? Anyway peace out, and hope to see you guys in the other sections.
    Really, as much as I'd like to believe otherwise, it feels as though you're running away to be honest. You know, considering the fact that bypassing the link filter probably isn't that hard to do and also considering the fact that you say, and I quote, "I would've liked to show my over a page of facts and verses" which seems to be a last ditch attempt at proving that you're right without actually saying anything by appealing to potentially incriminating, and yet unseen, evidence.

I said in many states. Even then you have to have parental consent, and most states still don't allow it at all really.
    Actually, I don't really see why this is a point of contention within Shariah law. First you people jump to Muhammad S.A.W.'s marriage with Aishah, who could have been nineteen as evidence suggests, and then you jump to Shariah law which allows marriage for children after the age of sexual maturity. According to my readings, Christian law also follows the same rules (i.e. marriage/consummation after puberty) so why is Sharia law coming under fire here?

Anthraxinsoup

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2011
    Really, as much as I'd like to believe otherwise, it feels as though you're running away to be honest. You know, considering the fact that bypassing the link filter probably isn't that hard to do and also considering the fact that you say, and I quote, "I would've liked to show my over a page of facts and verses" which seems to be a last ditch attempt at proving that you're right without actually saying anything by appealing to potentially incriminating, and yet unseen, evidence.

Actually, I don't really see why this is a point of contention within Shariah law. First you people jump to Muhammad S.A.W.'s marriage with Aishah, who could have been nineteen as evidence suggests, and then you jump to Shariah law which allows marriage for children after the age of sexual maturity. According to my readings, Christian law also follows the same rules (i.e. marriage/consummation after puberty) so why is Sharia law coming under fire here?
    Once again, you pointing to "evidence" given by the people of the religion. Give me unbiased proof. Also, why are you acting like I am on the side of Christianity? This picture sums it up:
    Proposed Tennessee bill would make it a crime to practice Sharia law.

I spit on Abraham based gods. Christianity holds much Disdain in me as they raped my native lands as much as Muslims are now. I am an Odinist.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Once again, you pointing to "evidence" given by the people of the religion. Give me unbiased proof. Also, why are you acting like I am on the side of Christianity? This picture sums it up:
    Evidence given by the people of the religion is really the only evidence that anyone can offer you. Any evidence put forth by Christians is likely to be biased towards Christianity. Any evidence put forward by Muslims will be biased towards Islam. And also, any atheist who puts forward contrary evidence will have his/her own motive. To my knowledge, there has never been an unbiased analysis of any religion, only the philosphical implications of its existence.

Did I say that you were Christian? No. I'm asking you why is it you focus your hatred on Sharia law (disregarding the thread topic of course) when it's clear that other religions also practice the same thing. Why not make a generalised statement? Why are you hating on one particular religion.

Back