• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psp

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    Gotcha.

Anyway, it would be so cool if you could get like on the internet with your PSP and like go to websites and stuff.
    The game Wipeout Pure has a web browser on it, you just need to be near a hotspot, or have a wireless router, and you've got the internet on your PSP =D

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    Gotcha.

Anyway, it would be so cool if you could get like on the internet with your PSP and like go to websites and stuff.
    *Pokes* You can go on the internet with the PSP. There is a trick on a game that you can go on the internet.

I really wouldn't like the internet on the PSP (even if they had a browser in it). The screen is way to small to surf the web.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    PiroMunkie said:
    Well, I woudn't pay for it, because how would we type letters? But if it was something free, I would check it out.
    Well, just so you know, PSP was originally showcased(before it was released) alongside a mini usb keyboard a usb gps and a usb camera.

That usb connection works wonders, making an 'internet setup pack' for the psp with a keyboard, UMD for internet browser setup, instructions, and a registration key is possible for Sony to do. Nothing is really out of the question.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well I wouldn't pay for a browser. I would use just HTML site surfing and go download FireFox. XD

But even with that 'internet setup pack' thing I wouldn't do it. I mean why do I have to look at a very small screen when I got a 15" flat panel monitor right here with internet on it?

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well I wouldn't pay for a browser. I would use just HTML site surfing and go download FireFox. XD

But even with that 'internet setup pack' thing I wouldn't do it. I mean why do I have to look at a very small screen when I got a 15" flat panel monitor right here with internet on it?
    O.o *now wants FireFox to be made for PSP*

And for the second part, you're kinda right, but in the near future, WiFi will be available everywhere, which means you'll have the addition of it being completely portable, instead of having to be at a hotspot.

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
    Brittany said:
    O.o *now wants FireFox to be made for PSP*

And for the second part, you're kinda right, but in the near future, WiFi will be available everywhere, which means you'll have the addition of it being completely portable, instead of having to be at a hotspot.

Yeah, that is why I would want it. I wouldn't use it if my laptop is right here. XD

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Besides web browsers, PSP already has some other nice features(homebrewed, ofcourse), like irc on PSP(which SO pwns Pictochat), and putting TiVo and ebooks on PSP too.

And just think, this is the beginning, soon they'll be many more homebrewed applications we can leech off of people that have way too much time on their hands!

That reminds me though- does anyone know how DS will connect to the net? I don't see any options anywhere on it, and it obviously can't download an update when it can't connect in the first place, so how is it supposed to work?

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Brittany said:
    Besides web browsers, PSP already has some other nice features(homebrewed, ofcourse), like irc on PSP(which SO pwns Pictochat), and putting TiVo and ebooks on PSP too.

And just think, this is the beginning, soon they'll be many more homebrewed applications we can leech off of people that have way too much time on their hands!

That reminds me though- does anyone know how DS will connect to the net? I don't see any options anywhere on it, and it obviously can't download an update when it can't connect in the first place, so how is it supposed to work?

I'm guessing a Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the charger plughole, but that means no charging and going online.

PSP has it built in, and that is just a small part of why it is better than the DS.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    DarkLink said:
    I'm guessing a Wi-Fi adapter that connects to the charger plughole, but that means no charging and going online.

PSP has it built in, and that is just a small part of why it is better than the DS.
    I doubt that could work, but even if it could, that would make it slower and bulkier(like it isn't already bulky enough >.>)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Brit said:
    It will be something that plugs into the GBA slot. Here is from the DS book on Slot-2
    "7. Game Pack Slot (SLOT-2) - For Game Boy Advance Game Packs or Nintendo DS accessories.".

Jash Ibanez

Wazup dude!!!
    Years
    I really want the psp so badly but i still cant afford it until 1 or 2 more weeks i just cant wait to have it a friend have it an its soooo kool in a scale btw 1 to 10 ill give it a 9.9 or even a 10 lol know if u wanted to have an ipod know u can use the psp as an ipod thats so kool yay oo and the graphics r amazing!!!

Back