• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quality of Platinum sprites...

a.new.bent

likes fire
Years
  • I absolutely hate hippodon's new sprite. It just doesn't look like its supposed to.

I also dislike peliper's, golbat's, and yanma's new sprites. I just don't like how they look with their wings down.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I didn't mind the DP sprites. I don't see why they had to change them and all. They looked good as they were.

Subsmash

Hmm....What to put?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    I like how they added the 2 side bar thingies that come out when you battle a gym leader or the Elite 4

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I don't like what they did with your rival
    now he looks more like a loudred when he does the stomping

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I absolutely hate hippodon's new sprite. It just doesn't look like its supposed to.

I also dislike peliper's, golbat's, and yanma's new sprites. I just don't like how they look with their wings down.

Diamond and Pearl:
    Quality of Platinum sprites...
    Platinum:

I am definitely liking the Diamond and Pearl sprite of Hippowdon more than the Platinum sprite of Hippowdon. The Platinum sprite of Hippowdon seems to be too flat in my conjecture, and it doesn't look as strong as the Diamond and Pearl sprite of it. The sand is covering a lot of Hippowdon's feet as well. While the DP sprite of Hippowdon at least shows some more of Hippowdon and looks intimidating in a good way.
    Diamond and Pearl:
    Platinum:

As I look at the two, Pelipper seems to be a bit bigger in size for Pokémon Platinum. I don't really mind that fact, but the wings are a tad too long to go with that beak in my opinion. Other than that, I like the both of them.
    Diamond and Pearl:
    Platinum:

Honestly, I don't really mind how the Platinum sprite of Yanma looks. They only slightly changed some of it, and it isn't that bad. However, I prefer DP's Yanma over Platinum's.

I didn't mind the DP sprites. I don't see why they had to change them and all. They looked good as they were.
    I believe the only reason why they changed the sprite looks is because it is techincally a DP remake and the game was updated for almost everything in looks, features, and some other things.

I like how they added the 2 side bar thingies that come out when you battle a gym leader or the Elite 4

I agree. It had nice quality and everything. For people who travelled the Sinnoh region for the first time, you could automatically tell which type this Elite Four Member's pokémon are.

I don't like what they did with your rival
    now he looks more like a loudred when he does the stomping

In my conjecture, I found the rival quite fascinating. It matches his personality of being hyper and rushing into things. To be honest, I didn't really find anything wrong with him.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • To me Floatzel looks gayer (idk why I say that but its true). I like how they designed Drifblim and Drifloon. To me, they made Empoleon and Staraptor look a lot tougher giving them an intimidating look (which suits Staraptor). As for the rest of them they are alright

:t354:TG.

Back