• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Years
    I would go with my favorite Pokemon line and say Bagon. :) Salamence finds its way into most of my in-game teams anyway due to being such a reliable attacker. I think a journey through a region with a species that you like would be awesome; you'll grow more attached to it because it's the Pokemon that you chose to start with, and not one from a limited pool of 3.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    If you could choose one Pokemon as your starter other than one of the standard ones, which would you choose?
    mareep. it's adorable and it's one of my favorite pokemon. i love the final evolution of mareep!

pkmin3033

If you could choose one Pokemon as your starter other than one of the standard ones, which would you choose?

Larvitar. It's something I always like to use, but never really get the chance to because it's so damn rare all the time. Starting with it would solve that little problem!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I would choose Riolu as my starter. I end up with one on my team anyways, so why not make it easier by making it my starter? Maybe it'd be also really cool if the starter Riolu knew Aura Sphere. That would indicate a really strong bond between the trainer and the Riolu.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I might choose either Honedge or Litwick since their my favorite ghost-types.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    If you could choose one Pokemon as your starter other than the standard ones, which would you choose?

I'm gonna be completely predictable and say Aron because screw you.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

Gible. Having a ground type from an early point helps out a lot in almost every game and since his final evolution comes a bit late, you'd have plenty of time to level it up!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    As for me, I'd choose Flabebé as my starter, because it's one of my favorite evolution lines :) I would choose Mawile, but for a starter, I'd rather have a 3 stage Pokemon~

R2J

Years

Most like Staryu. considering I'd have Ice, Water, Psychic & Thunder move set

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Thinking back, you know what would also be a great choice for a starter? Ralts. I think that would be my second choice. I was thinking it might make better since to have an alternate starter also have a 3 stage evolution.

Years
    If you could choose one Pokemon as your starter other than the standard ones, which would you choose?

For me its a tie between ralts and riolu!
    As u can see from my avatar(or u could see earlier before the server got attacked)I like gardevoir very much !And for riolu,its due to his great movepool during the beginning!Also after evo it become lucario which gives additional bonus of the steel types!

Years

I'd have an Espurr because I love Meowstic, but I would also like to have Buneary and Pancham as a starter thanks to my two fave female leads in the anime.

Years
    Question of the Day

What's the highest play time you've ever clocked in a Pokemon game?​
    514:36 with my cartridge copy of White. A lot of that time has been spent egg move breeding, capturing all legendaries, and exploring the region in general. It was also the first game where I completed the regional dex, so a good chunk of it went into that as well. Additionally, I leveled up my first competitive 'mons and took on Wi-Fi battles (albeit getting terrible results)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    What's the highest play time you've ever clocked in a Pokemon game?
    Diamond: 407:41. Diamond was the main hub for my games for years. The cartridge took a hell of a beating. The contacts were on their last breath one day, so I backed up the save and put it on a new(er) cart. All of my Pokemon live on!

pkmin3033

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. 533:29. I was a teensy bit obsessed. My mother went even higher than that when she played the game. In every other game I'd never clocked in more than 200 hours. xD

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    On my Y. 146:11 I guess I played Y before I bought OR.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

I usually don't go beyond 100 hours but I went to 113-114 hours (I don't quite remember the minutes) on my White 2 when I first played it. There was just so much to do, I just couldn't stop xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it would have to be around two-hundred hours or so, which was in Emerald. I was attempting to complete my Pokédex, which might explain as to why I wound up spending this much time, haha.

Back