• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

funkeboodha

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    What is the best pokemon in Platinum worthwhile to train?

Thanx in advance!

I guess that depends on what you want to use it for. If you need it go through the game and the Elite Four, some good ones are Garchomp, Togekiss, Alakazam, Gengar, Lucario, Snorlax and of course Empoleon, Infernape and Torterra. These are popular ones.

MY QUESTION:
    Zoom Lens. The in-game description is "If the holder moves after the foe, its critical-hit ration will be boosted."

On Smogon, it says "Raises accuracy by 20% if the holder goes after the target."

On Serebii it says "Accuracy increases if user is attacked by foe first in a turn"

Does anyone have experience with this item? If Hypnosis is 60%, and I put a Zoom Lens on my Pokémon, the move is increased to 80%? or does it only work on moves that attack and can critical, like Hydro Pump or something?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    MY QUESTION:
    Zoom Lens. The in-game description is "If the holder moves after the foe, its critical-hit ration will be boosted."

On Smogon, it says "Raises accuracy by 20% if the holder goes after the target."

On Serebii it says "Accuracy increases if user is attacked by foe first in a turn"

Does anyone have experience with this item? If Hypnosis is 60%, and I put a Zoom Lens on my Pokémon, the move is increased to 80%? or does it only work on moves that attack and can critical, like Hydro Pump or something?

All of the above actually means the same thing. Anyways, here's how it goes. Say one of your pokémon are holding the Zoom Lens. If the foe's pokémon moves first [or a pokémon in the wild moves first] and afterwards you use a low accuracy move, the Zoom Lens will activate and the accuracy of the low accuracy move [Sing for example] will increase. However, if you attack first, it will not work.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    But then why does the in-game text say that it boosts critical hit ratios? That's not making sense to me.

I guess they made an error in that. Perhaps if it was a mistake, it was suppose to be something along the lines of how the accuracy will be boosted and not the critical hit ratios as Hypnosis and moves similar to Hypnosis, does not even attack the foe. However, for the actual low accuracy 'attacks' that could've been what they meant.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    I'm having troubles with getting a Munchlax, Mime Jr. and Wynaut. I've bred the snorlax with the Lax Incense and it didn't work. Help with all three would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Forget Wynaut and Munchlax, but I still need Mime Jr.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Are you sure it's level one, because it should be level seventy. I'm not that far yet, but I'm not the person to clearify that for you lol. The question made me look at this interesting thread lol.

Years
    Its level 1 because that makes it much more challenging... Or the Game creators just wanted to be annoying o.o

Anyways, for catching it, False Swipe, and Sleep Power on Sceptile should be enough to catch it. Or, with Gallade, False Swipe and Thunder Wave.

Or, Quick Ball + Resets lol

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    Its level 1 because that makes it much more challenging... Or the Game creators just wanted to be annoying o.o

Anyways, for catching it, False Swipe, and Sleep Power on Sceptile should be enough to catch it. Or, with Gallade, False Swipe and Thunder Wave.

Or, Quick Ball + Resets lol

Yeah its hard to catch, Im just gonna re-teach my ampharos thunder wave again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    What difference does the Macho Brace make when you level up a pokemon?
    Does it work if you give it to them while they are in day care?
    Will a pokemon that has leveled by fighting other pokemon be stronger then one who has been in the day care center?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    What difference does the Macho Brace make when you level up a pokemon?
    Does it work if you give it to them while they are in day care?
    Will a pokemon that has leveled by fighting other pokemon be stronger then one who has been in the day care center?

The Macho Brace doubles your EV's. For example if you have Pokérus and the Macho Brace instead of getting 2 EV's you will get 4 EV's.

No, the Macho Brace only works when you are EV training. So therefore, your pokémon will become stronger fighting rather than being left in the Daycare Center.

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    The reason is because ya need movie Regigigas (if ya don't transfer Regis from R/S/E) who's on level 100 so there's no point giving the Platinum Regigigas high level

Yeah but it was level 70 in diamond/pearl and you needed to migrate the regis to get it anyway, and i have the TRU regigigas so i caught the regis in platinum. But i still dont know why its lvl 1.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah but it was level 70 in diamond/pearl and you needed to migrate the regis to get it anyway, and i have the TRU regigigas so i caught the regis in platinum. But i still dont know why its lvl 1.

If you did not get the Regigigas event, then do you use Action Replay? The Regigigas Event allows you to obtain the Regigigas in Snowpoint Temple, but this time if you have the Regigigas from the event and the three Regi's of any sort, it allows you to get a Regigigas at LV. 1.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Problem With Double Battles

As far as I know, this hasn't been addressed anywhere else. It's an obscure problem that I've never had to deal with before.

No other games but Pt have this issue (as far as I'm aware). I enjoy battling my friend locally with teams full of shinies. Mix and standard battles work fine. Yesterday, we decided to do a Double battle so I could test my Cherrim in a more-friendly environment. My opponent sent out two shinies, and it came up with one of those blue error screens. Next thing I knew, I was looking at the lady two down from Teala. We retried several times, switching up our teams and order, but we got nada. Every attempt, after the shiny sparkles from my opponents' pokemon went, it cut off. Mine never came out regardless what side of the room I was on. What's wrong here?

EDIT: note, this is local play I'm talking about, and it shouldn't belong in the WiFi+router thread

Back