• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I just wanna ask, in platinum, what happens to Dialga and Palkia? Can you ever catch them? because the last time i saw them they were on top of spear pillar, but that was the last i saw of them.

Years
    You can catch them after beating the Elite Four. You need to first start the event to catch them by talking to the elder in Celestic Town. Then you'll need the Adamant and Lustrous orbs which you can find by going up the Waterfall on the way to the top of Mt. Coronet. Then, go to Spear pillar and there will be pink and blue orbs that you can interact with. Pink has a lv. 70 Palkia and Blue has a lv. 70 Dialga.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    There's one on Route 223. Also, you can exchange 10 Blue Shards for one on Route 212.

Thanks, I'll check that route out.
    When it comes to the exchange, who are you talking about? Because for some reason, I can only find that move tutor that was added in Platinum in the weather house.

Years
    So I know that Hitmonlee can learn Bullet Punch as an Egg Move, however... it is a male and always will be a male, its 100% chance. How am I supposed to get Bullet Punch onto a Hitmonlee?

I read that if I get a Smeargle and Sketch Bullet Punch then I can do it, but either way, I still don`t see how... help? XD

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Yes, go to Iron Island and there should be a man in a blue hat by the entrance to the cave. talk to him and you'll get the HM strength.

That is only for Platinum. For D/P, you need to enter the Lost Tower and go to the top floor. You then need to talk to one of the ladies (I don't remember which, so I suggest talking to both, as the other will give you other items), and she will give you Strength.

As for you Guenhwyvar, iirc it won't work.

EDIT: Beaten on the second question.

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place to put this, but here it is:
    Is it possible to give yourself Cherish Balls through AR or some other cheating device?
    If so, is any pokemon caught in them considered a hack?

I'm wondering because I have a shiny Cynaquil that I suspect may be a hack, but I want to check if there is any possibility that it isn't.
    And if anyone can just directly tell me if it is a hack or not, that would be nice. Because I just traded for it, thus I remember who I got it from and I would like to report them if it is (especially since I gave them an extra free shiny).
    Here is the info on the Cyndaquil:
    Name: Cyndaquil (not in all caps)
    Lv. 5
    HP: 18/Attack: 10/Defense: 9/Sp. Attack: 11/Sp. Defense: 10/Speed: 11
    Attacks: Cross chop and Wish
    Caught in: Cherish Ball
    Nature: Hardy
    Egg obtained: Sep. 1, 2007 at Pokemon Fan Club
    Egg hatched in: Distant land
    OT: STORAGE
    ID No.: 07810

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place to put this, but here it is:
    Is it possible to give yourself Cherish Balls through AR or some other cheating device?
    If so, is any pokemon caught in them considered a hack?

I'm wondering because I have a shiny Cynaquil that I suspect may be a hack, but I want to check if there is any possibility that it isn't.
    And if anyone can just directly tell me if it is a hack or not, that would be nice. Because I just traded for it, thus I remember who I got it from and I would like to report them if it is (especially since I gave them an extra free shiny).
    Here is the info on the Cyndaquil:
    Name: Cyndaquil (not in all caps)
    Lv. 5
    HP: 18/Attack: 10/Defense: 9/Sp. Attack: 11/Sp. Defense: 10/Speed: 11
    Attacks: Cross chop and Wish
    Caught in: Cherish Ball
    Nature: Hardy
    Egg obtained: Sep. 1, 2007 at Pokemon Fan Club
    Egg hatched in: Distant land
    OT: STORAGE
    ID No.: 07810

It's not legit. First off, you can't catch a pokémon in a Cherish Ball without getting those Cherish Balls from a cheating device. Second, that Cyndaquil has the info of two different events that can't interact with each other, ad it doesn't have the OT of either. There is no possible way it's legit.

what's the difference beetween ev and iv? and do you get egg moves by luck?

EVs are Effort Values, which are gained when fighting a pokémon. 4 EVs raise the stat you gained the EVs in by 1. You can have a total of 510 EVs, and a total of 255 in any one stat.

IVs are Individual Values, which are set as soon as a pokémon is generated, whether by egg or by being encountered. IVs go from 0 to 31, and each pokémon has a given amount of IVs in each stat. IVs cannot be changed, though they can be influenced by breeding parents with good IVs. Each IV accounts for 1 extra stat point in the given stat.

Egg moves do not just happen by luck. An egg move is a move that is on the baby pokémon's egg move list, and that the father knows. You have to breed the father that knows the egg move with the mother of the same species as the baby pokémon you want. That baby pokémon you receive will have the egg move.

Hope this helps!

Back