• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'm not really sure if this is the right place to put this, but here it is:
    Is it possible to give yourself Cherish Balls through AR or some other cheating device? Of course...go watch a YT video of someone using it. They;re pretty worthless aside from the looks factor.
    If so, is any pokemon caught in them considered a hack? You do realise this differs from person to person. Me? Since Cherish Balls cannot be gotten (excluding certaine vents) naturally, of course there's an AR involved and I wanna have nothing to do with it. Many peoole (against Trade forum rules) don't care.

TwilightBlade said:
    Illegal Ball: Certain Pokemon like all starters (except for Johto starters from Distant Land), fossils, Riolu, Eevee (except from D/P), Celebi, and Jirachi may only be caught in pokeballs. If they are caught in any other ball, then they are hacked. Pokemon not from certain events but caught in Cherish Balls are also hacked.
    Okay, I have a lead; some Distant Land Cyndaquil will be in a Cherish Ball. Keep in mind, it's not on the Event List...

I can't find documentation for the thing you have and that TwilightBlade spoke of...just this one.
    Distant Land means XD/Coliseum. The one I mentioned is from XD. Is there one from Coliseum, too? Bulbapedia doesn't have it, but neither does our Event List...

I'm wondering because I have a shiny Cynaquil that I suspect may be a hack, but I want to check if there is any possibility that it isn't.
    And if anyone can just directly tell me if it is a hack or not, that would be nice. Because I just traded for it, thus I remember who I got it from and I would like to report them if it is (especially since I gave them an extra free shiny).
    Here is the info on the Cyndaquil:
    Name: Cyndaquil (not in all caps)
    Lv. 5
    HP: 18/Attack: 10/Defense: 9/Sp. Attack: 11/Sp. Defense: 10/Speed: 11
    Attacks: Cross chop and Wish
    Caught in: Cherish Ball
    Nature: Hardy
    Egg obtained: Sep. 1, 2007 at Pokemon Fan Club
    Egg hatched in: Distant land News flash, the only ball a pokemon that's hatched can be in is a Pokeball. This gives it away. TwilightBlade's list includes this, too. You need to be more careful.
    OT: STORAGE
    ID No.: 07810

My question needs answering!
    No other games but Pt have this issue (as far as I'm aware). I enjoy battling my friend locally with teams full of shinies. Mix and standard battles work fine. Yesterday, we decided to do a Double battle so I could test my Cherrim in a more-friendly environment. My opponent sent out two shinies, and it came up with one of those blue error screens. Next thing I knew, I was looking at the lady two down from Teala. We retried several times, switching up our teams and order, but we got nada. Every attempt, after the shiny sparkles from my opponents' pokemon went, it cut off. Mine never came out regardless what side of the room I was on. What's wrong here?

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    How old is your NDS? Have you gone wireless on it before? Have you ever hacked on the game? Are you for sure that those Pokémon are not hacked?
    NOTE to some mod out there-this is why I needed my thread. These were almost all asked already...

Not even a year-
    Countless times-
    No-
    We chained 'em ourselves. Yes.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    NOTE to some mod out there-this is why I needed my thread. These were almost all asked already...

Not even a year-
    Countless times-
    No-
    We chained 'em ourselves. Yes.
    Hmmm... How far apart (signal) where you from him/her? Otherwise, I don't know any other explanation. :\

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Hmmm... How far apart (signal) where you from him/her? Otherwise, I don't know any other explanation. :\
    ...I thought it was clear that distance wasn't the issue (don't you have 30 feet, anyways?) :/. It cut off every time the two shinies came in. Apparently nobody else has this problem, either...thanks, though.

funkeboodha

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Quick Breeding question: Two Porygon2's with Recover, Discharge and Recycle. Will their moves pass on to a baby Porygon(since they are genderless)?

Years
    Since they are both genderless, they can't breed with each other. They can only breed with Ditto. Also, they can't pass down any egg moves since only the male can pass them down.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ...I thought it was clear that distance wasn't the issue (don't you have 30 feet, anyways?) :/. It cut off every time the two shinies came in. Apparently nobody else has this problem, either...thanks, though.

Did you two do it through wi-fi? If so, it could be that your connection is low. Have you ever used Action Replay in the past? Action Replay can cause your game to cause problems I believe.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Noob with complicated question.....

I'm pretty new to this whole Poekmon business. I picked up a copy of diamond about 2 months ago and I'm addicted. I've seen 245 pokemon and caught 106. i kinda messed up by not capturing all the ones at the begining.

Any hooo, I'm gonna buy Pearl, start from the begining and migrate the Pokemon over. In fact I'm got a few bids on ebay for firered, leafgrean and emerald and I'm gonna work my way through those bad boys too......but.....I think I've done something stupid.

I think the version of diamond I have is a Japanese import.

I've heard that you cant migrate pokemon from firered/leafgreen/emerald unless the games come from the same region. As in pal to pal, usa to usa and jap to jap.

Is this right?

Also how do I find out what region my game card comes from?

How poor am i? i've totally posted this in the wrong section! Tell no-one.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Chances are wherever you got your game card, the country that you got it the right one.

...did that make any sense. XD

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Pal Park is language-locked, which means you could transfer between different English-language games and other games of the same language (since they're essentially the same game), but not from like French<->Japanese or something. To find what region it came from... well, what language is it written in? Japanese import games would be in Japanese, English games are in English... etc.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Does anyone know if i will be able to get the Pikachu Coloured Pichu in Australia or via WiFi or will it be another thing that Australians will miss out on
    I have no events or anything to trade for it either

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Did you two do it through wi-fi? If so, it could be that your connection is low. Have you ever used Action Replay in the past? Action Replay can cause your game to cause problems I believe.
    The original question said that I'm talking about lcoal play. WiFi works fine; GavZ and I tested it.
    No AR Use Ever~

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Vitamins.

[If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.]

For some reason I am unable to give my Sudowoodo and Empoleon any Carbos. I would like to know why.

Last edited:

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Does anyone know if i will be able to get the Pikachu Coloured Pichu in Australia or via WiFi or will it be another thing that Australians will miss out on
    I have no events or anything to trade for it either
    still want to know if i can get Pikachu Coloured Pichu

Back