• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I thought I worded that quite nicely. :\ EVs are only gained when experience is in battle. You don't gain experience in the Battle Tower, so you don't get EVs from it.

In addition to this, you will not be able to gain EV's from wi-fi related battles. That goes for the Battle Frontier, Battle Tower, Wi-fi battles downstairs of the Pokémon Center, and I think that's about it. If there are more battles to where you do not gain EXP Points that I left out, those will not count either.
    I hope this clearly states what you are looking for...

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Oak isn't there and when I talk to the Rock nothing happens. I saw Oak in that one Town and all he tells me to do is fill up the National Dex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    I have a shiny kricketot on pokemon platinum and it will not obey me. Its level 17 with everstone and i traded it from pokemon diamond at lvl 13 i also only have 1 gym badge atm because i only bought the game a couple of days ago!
    anyway he wont obey me does anyone have any idea why?!

please reply,
    hayd

also what is chaining?! i have not heard of the word before but have owned every pokemon game apart from the mystery dungeons because personally i feel they are CRAP!

Last edited:
    Years
    I have a shiny kricketot on pokemon platinum and it will not obey me. Its level 17 with everstone and i traded it from pokemon diamond at lvl 13 i also only have 1 gym badge atm because i only bought the game a couple of days ago!
    anyway he wont obey me does anyone have any idea why?!

please reply,
    hayd

You need gym badges for traded Pokemon to obey without question. The 2nd badge allows all Pokemon lv. 30 and under to obey, 4th allows lv. 50, 6th allows lv. 70, and 8th allows all.
    also what is chaining?! i have not heard of the word before but have owned every pokemon game apart from the mystery dungeons because personally i feel they are CRAP!

Chaining is a method of obtaining shinies easier. You use the Pokeradar to see 40 of the same Pokemon in a row. Then, it will become a 1 in 200 chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Chaining is a method of obtaining shinies easier. You use the Pokeradar to see 40 of the same Pokemon in a row. Then, it will become a 1 in 200 chance of encountering a shiny Pokemon.

In addition to this, you can only chain in the grass. Caves or places where there is no grass and still have pokémon popping up, is not an area where you can chain for shiny pokémon.

There is a specific way to chain:

There are certain items needed for chaining. Max Repels will be the main thing needed to chain. The Pokérader app for the Pokétch is needed as well. That helps you keep count of how much of the same pokémon you are chaining for is. For example, if you are chaining for a Starly and you want to know how much you have chained so far, that app on the pokétch will tell you the amount of how much you have chained for recently. The pokémon you are currently chaining will be on the top whilst other pokémon you have chained for [if you have] will be at the bottom saying the number of how much you got up to. The bottom will only show three of your recent chains though. Chains can break if you bump into a different pokémon than the one you are trying to chain for. Another example would be if you are chaining for a Starly and a Floatzel appears instead of it, the chain will break and you would have to restart all over again.

For more information on chaining, Click Here.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    Why won't my Poke Radar work?

I go into grass, and use it... but Rowan always says it's not the right time?

Ephraim

I am no servant.
    Years
    Do the lifebars really move that slow?

`I mean when you get damaged from a move, your HP would go down. But whenever it did, it usually wasn't that slow compared to the GBC/A games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Do the lifebars really move that slow?

`I mean when you get damaged from a move, your HP would go down. But whenever it did, it usually wasn't that slow compared to the GBC/A games.

The HP bars do move a bit more slower than the regular GBA/A Pokémon games. In Wi-fi battles they move really slow as well.

So to answer your question, yes the HP Bars move a tad bit slower than the GBA/A Pokémon Games.

Years
    why would you want fire punch when flamethrower is so much better for the charmander family?

It's because Charizard is used more with physical movesets. Mostly this is because of Belly Drum making its attack much higher than its special attack will ever be. Also, it's because Charizard doesn't have many other special attacks it can use efficiently while at the same time its physical moveset is much better. Fire Punch is the strongest physical fire type move Charizard has that it can use without going suicidal (i.e. Flare Blitz) due to the Belly Drum so...

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    I have a question; I beat the game but I don't have the national dex OR the pokeradar. I wanna get the National but I don't know where it is. Do you have to have EVERY sinnoh pokemon? And if not, where do I get it AND the pokeradar? I wanna chain for shinies by the end of today. (ps my pokedex has I think a little over 140 pokes)

Years
    You only need to see all of them. It's pretty easy. Just find any trainers you skipped and battle them. Also, head up to Celestic town and talk to the elder to "see" a Pokemon you wouldn't normally (depends on your version) so that it gets added to your Pokedex. Also, if you need more help, just post the Pokedex number of the Pokemon missing (and the version of the game) and we'll try to help you out.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    Really? Well okay let me get my game and I will tell you the pokes I have not seen (I have Diamond.) I was able to see Palkia cuz I traded over GTS. Here are the pokemon I have yet to see because I really wanna be chaining by midnight here I will just post the numbers. Wait- if you could help could we do a wifi trade using friend codes and then keep trading back so I can get my dex? What I'm saying is I would trade you your pokes right back I just need their info, we could use the bottom room of the pokemon center, exchange friend codes on our pal pads. Here goes.

I am missing:

Thats it! Those are the only ones I need to get my national dex.

Diamond FC: 0216 8419 6052

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2009
    im trying to start on a chain to get a shiny but it keeps breaking at 5 does anyone know where the best spot to chain is???

Back